AFLW Suns AFLW Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Turn it up. Stop disrespecting Ahrens, Howarth, Drennan and Keaney like that. Very ordinary. All would definitely be good enough to play in a GF winning side. Good grief.
Sack Teflon.
Not sure what your beef is. Ahrens, Drennan and Keaney all 31 or 32. We traded in youth. Drennan and Keaney wanted to go for different reasons, so I'm not sure how you make them stay. Ahrens probably because she realised she might struggle to beat Lynch for a spot. The only doubtful one was Howarth and we don't know how she was tracking with her recovery.
The club has traded in plenty of promising youth with Lynch and Smith who was Qld under 18s skipper plus an AFL academy player a couple of years ago. Not to mention that there's plenty of talent coming through the Suns academy over the next couple of years.
The club is unlikely to play in a Grand Final next year so the 3 players leaving who are 30 plus aren't likely to be part of a premiership. And if the club did make a GF next year, would those 3 keep playing or be around long enough for sustained success?
I think the decisions made this year are setting the club up for longer term success.
But I don't really know, I just have an opinion like everyone else on here.

Not sure what your beef is. Ahrens, Drennan and Keaney all 31 or 32. We traded in youth. Drennan and Keaney wanted to go for different reasons, so I'm not sure how you make them stay. Ahrens probably because she realised she might struggle to beat Lynch for a spot. The only doubtful one was Howarth and we don't know how she was tracking with her recovery.
The club has traded in plenty of promising youth with Lynch and Smith who was Qld under 18s skipper plus an AFL academy player a couple of years ago. Not to mention that there's plenty of talent coming through the Suns academy over the next couple of years.
The club is unlikely to play in a Grand Final next year so the 3 players leaving who are 30 plus aren't likely to be part of a premiership. And if the club did make a GF next year, would those 3 keep playing or be around long enough for sustained success?
I think the decisions made this year are setting the club up for longer term success.
But I don't really know, I just have an opinion like everyone else on here.
Don't know what that poster had implied but you can just about guarantee it was negative........probably why I have him/her on ignore....

Turn it up. Stop disrespecting Ahrens, Howarth, Drennan and Keaney like that. Very ordinary. All would definitely be good enough to play in a GF winning side. Good grief.
Sack Teflon.
1000000679.gif
1000000678.jpg
Don't know what your beef is with quality cookware or why they should be tackled behind the line of scrimmage. As emotional as I'm sure it is to lose certain players the quality we're bringing in is very notable and arguably makes our list younger, better and more set up for a future premiership windows. Which we're not currently in at all (Unless you think that finishing 5th and getting bounced in the first week is in our window)

Hi all, you're invited to the main boards AFLW Draft Night thread to discuss tonight's draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see two more Suns academy graduates making it to the top level. Both Burleigh juniors, Bischa adds to an already very strong year of producing pro footballers for PBC High and McMullen went to school with Jake Rogers at Varsity College. Bischa in particular has been playing junior footy on the Gold Coast since the U11s year at Burleigh so she's very much a GC junior just like our four academy stars on the male side. Here's hoping they both get the opportunity to play at the top level!

“It really hasn’t sunk in yet, it was such an amazing feeling hearing your name called out, even more special with the family there,” Bischa said.

“Growing up a Suns fan, all I wanted to do was to play for them.

“Now I have my dream come true but it seriously just doesn’t feel real yet.

“I think what makes it easier is I got drafted with my best friend as well.”

“Was just at school, picked up a footy and kicked it around and got told I should go and play,” McMullen said.

“And from there just fell in love with the game.

“To be able to represent the Burleigh Bombers but to also stay here on the Coast is everything to me, I love it here.

“But to be able to do this with your best friend just makes it about 200 times better really.”
How good to see best friends drafted to the club and even better that both are locals from the same junior club in Burleigh. Bischa also grew up supporting the Suns so that make it even more special. Another feel good story for Gold Coast footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back