Autopsy Suns @ Cats, 1:45pm Saturday - Rd 23, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard that about half the list.. can’t just continue to carry players for good heart feelings and possible potential.. it’s time for the club to get serious!

I’m also wondering how the club continues to fund academy aflw all these community programs with no external income apart from afl funding!
No external revenue streams, no pokie machines, no power broker board members handing cash over, low membership money coming in
I’m fearful of the next 2-3 years future of the club if the wins don’t come next year
Extra TV rights pays for most of it. The AFL can prop the Suns up for years. They have been doing it for numerous Victorian Clubs for decades.

Extra TV rights pays for most of it. The AFL can prop the Suns up for years. They have been doing to numerous Victorian Clubs for decades.

Those clubs still have external revenue coming in though cafes pubs decent membership numbers selling home games big sponsorships cashed up board members ect

Barlow fractured his jaw in round 9 against southport sharks and still played out the full game.

He should have been in the senior team from round 1.
he was killing it in the neafl a Dew went back on his promise of rewarding form in the neafl and continues to over look him.
It upset a lot of the senior players at the time that Dew was overlooking him because the team was crying out for more leadership
Broken jaw sustained early in that game and if I remember rightly he still got 40+ possessions and BOG.

Geez mate......I'm not arguing he should or shouldn't have been there since rd1.....that's your opinion and that's fine. My point was that suffering Bell's Palsy after his injury in rd 9, as you stated, may have been a determining factor in his not being selected since then. That was the basis of my post.
I think you need to read people's posts before replying, cause you seem to me, to be only interested in getting your opinion heard and you don't care too much about anyone elses.....and as far as the rest of your comment goes, maybe that's just some more of your spin.
No need to get hot mate.
Im not having a go at you.
I actually agreed with you so maybe you should read what people write before you accuse someone of not listening to other people's opinions

When it come to Barlow people just cannot relax , he already said he will do what is best for the team , early in the season Jack Martin and Ainsworth offer more than Barlow . Barlow biggest weakness is not versatile enough in his role as he mention he is a pure inside mid . Jack Martin can play HF and HB with sometime in midfield , Ainsworth can play small forward and sometime in Midfield . You can only have 22 spots in game day , the only player I want Barlow to replace is Risca , only reason I guess Dew prefer him is because he is a foundation player.

Last edited:
When it come to Barlow people just cannot relax , he already said he will do what is best for the team , early in the season Jack Martin and Ainsworth offer more than Barlow . Barlow biggest weakness is not versatile enough in his role as he mention he is a pure inside mid . Jack Martin can play HF and HB with sometime in midfield , Ainsworth can play small forward and sometime in Midfield . You can only have 22 spots in game day , the only player I want Barlow to replace is Risca , only reason I guess Dew prefer him is because he is a foundation player.
What about Lemon surely he offers way more than the Lemon witches hat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t barlow play on the wing?

He's 2 years younger than Riska and playing way better
I can only shudder to think what a 33yo Riska will be like but I'll wager slower and shankier
Who's that guy in rugby that kicks the ball over his shoulder off the back of the scrum?
Riska would make a great one of those

Francois-Hougaard-box-kicking-for-Springboks_2813729.jpg

He's 2 years younger than Riska and playing way better
I can only shudder to think what a 33yo Riska will be like but I'll wager slower and shankier
Who's that guy in rugby that kicks the ball over his shoulder off the back of the scrum?
Riska would make a great one of those

Francois-Hougaard-box-kicking-for-Springboks_2813729.jpg
Any chance Barlow become a development coach , I think he will be great for NEAFL and Tac Cup ( Change name ) team with Andrew Swallow .

Any chance Barlow become a development coach , I think he will be great for NEAFL and Tac Cup ( Change name ) team with Andrew Swallow .
Why the * would Barlow be interested in becoming a "NEAFL development coach" when he is only 30 years old and imo the Suns best player??
I have no doubt that his performance on the weekend he would repeat week in and week at AFL level if given half a chance.

Do you really think it's "easy" getting 30+ touches EVERY week - something that every other Suns player could only dream of?? Btw I note you post about him continually and make sure you give him a bit of a clip every time .

I have nfi what is in store for him but sincerely hope he doesn't settle for obscurity in the NEAFL.

Why the **** would Barlow be interested in becoming a "NEAFL development coach" when he is only 30 years old and imo the Suns best player??
I have no doubt that his performance on the weekend he would repeat week in and week at AFL level if given half a chance.

Do you really think it's "easy" getting 30+ touches EVERY week - something that every other Suns player could only dream of?? Btw I note you post about him continually and make sure you give him a bit of a clip every time .

I have nfi what is in store for him but sincerely hope he doesn't settle for obscurity in the NEAFL.
The problem is the Coach have NFI ( in your opinion ) and play other like Rischetelli ahead of him . Instead like you getting upset , I am just thinking about his alternative future career if he get delisted, I don't see anything wrong with that . You and I can keep saying Barlow was great and play a lot better than some GC players , in the end you need to look at what the Coach want ,how many times Barlow get selected to play AFL this season.
If Fremantle can delist Barlow , Deboer and Mzungu in 2015, what make you think GC Management think differently when it come to List management.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 8.07.22 PM.png

Just found the AFL ratings twitter account
Interesting connecting these ratings with how I saw the game.

Weller, Lyons, Barlow, Bowes, Rischitelli the best 5 apparently.

Interesting that only 2 cats had a negatively rated quarter (Zach Touhy + Ryan Abbott)
Harbrow (2 negative quarters), Fiorini, Sexton, Young, Witts, Scheer and Barlow all had negatively rated quarters.

View attachment 550456

Just found the AFL ratings twitter account
Interesting connecting these ratings with how I saw the game.

Weller, Lyons, Barlow, Bowes, Rischitelli the best 5 apparently.

Interesting that only 2 cats had a negatively rated quarter (Zach Touhy + Ryan Abbott)
Harbrow (2 negative quarters), Fiorini, Sexton, Young, Witts, Scheer and Barlow all had negatively rated quarters.
gee, Barlow had a stinker first quarter but righted himself admirably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back