Suns flight to China delayed

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly!
These clowns are all on what $200k plus a year minimum and they couldn't stump up a couple of thousand for business class out of their own pocket?

Or perhaps every available business class seat was allocated to the players....

Bit hard to stump up for a seat if there isn't one to buy

:arrowdown: God, you have a mean and nasty disposition.......how do you think all the clubs were formed all those years ago? They were put together, given their names by people forming a properly organised league.

So what that they were set up, as were GWS, by the AFL a lot later than the rest of the league. The Gold Coast has a lot of Aussie rules clubs up there. They will succeed I have no doubt, but I guess if fortunes turn around for them, you will be the first to say "they were gifted the flag" "set up to win" etc....

Just disband and do the competition a favour, the Gold Coast Suns is a complete and utter waste of time.

Last edited:

Or perhaps every available business class seat was allocated to the players....

Bit hard to stump up for a seat if there isn't one to buy
Well I'm catching the next plane in that case. I refuse to travel OS in Economy now let alone if I was earning that kind of money. I would of hoped that in a league that is supposedly as professional as they claim the clubs would have numerous flights to choose from. Didn't Port send some players earlier in this week for precisely this reason?

There is still a risk of flight delays if you fly to Sydney. And Hong Kong is still pretty far away from Shanghai - you are going to have to fly again.

No matter what Gold Coast did, it was always likely that they would have to take two flights to get there with the additional risk of delays.
Jeebuz, i've done the Shanghai flight three times since 2012, i guess i've been lucky?

Jeebuz, i've done the Shanghai flight three times since 2012, i guess i've been lucky?

I've regularly copped delays of up to half a day getting in and out of GZ airport and HK

With HK main issue is the limit on foreign flagged carriers in Chinese airspace at any one time.

This is such poor form. I understand making an exception for Two-Metre Peter, but apart from that it should be 'everyone or no one'.

the leadership group from Freo/West Coast used to fly business class every trip and the rest of them would slog it out in economy.

As Ross Lyon would say, not everyone is treated equally, but everyone is treated fairly.

Eades doing the anti bradman thing of spending time with the boys. Good stuff. Bit sad for the buggar sitting next to him though.

Guaranteed he's sat down back with the lads, s**t-canning Gazza, in order to get in with them.

Well I'm catching the next plane in that case. I refuse to travel OS in Economy now let alone if I was earning that kind of money. I would of hoped that in a league that is supposedly as professional as they claim the clubs would have numerous flights to choose from. Didn't Port send some players earlier in this week for precisely this reason?

Agree wholeheartedly. Most be the only major sporting organisation that does it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've copped delays in HK, it's the inevitable reality of flying into the regional mega hub airports eg Singapore, Hong Kong.

People are completely glossing over the fact that an international flight got delayed. This is completely unprecedented. Will be there be an inquiry into how this could have happened? Next thing you know we'll be seeing trams getting delayed on Swanston St

Last edited:
From Sydney 2+ flights per day, 10h 40m duration ( Direct)
Sydney (SYD) to Shanghai, China (all airports)

10:50 Brisbane Duration: 9h 10m

18:00 Hong Kong
19:05 Hong Kong Duration: 2h 30m

21:35 Shanghai (Pudong International)
Total duration 12hr 35min

No satire here, as i said who organised this fiasco?

It's unfortunate this isn't satire because really you've just shown yourself to be thick.

They left Gold Coast 5am Wednesday. They are expected to arrive now in Shanghai 1am local time (3am here). That's 22 hours, from GC to Shangahi. That's the "nearly 24 hours transit time". The delay isn't their fault.

12.5 hours + the 1 hour bus ride to Brisbane + the (conservative) 2 hours at the terminal or so to get checked in and proceed through to international terminal + the 2 hour delay = 17.5 hours in real maths, not JackFlash maths.

Wow, 4.5 hours difference, what a fiasco!!

If they did GC to Sydney to Shanghai, you've conveniently missed out the 1.5 hours flight there + (conservative) 2 hours there + 2 hours delay = 16 hours...but more expensive.

They've also clearly tried to have a stopover to minimise players being on a plane for half a day straight. Two smaller flights, with a rest inbetween (swimming pool at Singapore) is better for performance than one long flight.

Good job anyway. You tried.

Exactly!
These clowns are all on what $200k plus a year minimum and they couldn't stump up a couple of thousand for business class out of their own pocket?
No they don't. The average wage is $300k but this is inflated by those on the bigger dollars as well. There are plenty of players who earn under $200k and besides, after tax it's not that much money, maybe they have other priorities and don't care for spending the money, business class can be expensive.

they knew the dates months in advance. Gazza Ablett got a business class spot so it wasn't impossible.

As a team - i would have thought every spare business class seat would have gone to players who are either tall or old.

Rocket having a creaky back isn't as bad as Gary Ablett having one

The 4th floor is the best, or so i heard!!

haha...haven't been myself.

A mate who lives there has been multiple times. He took another friend of ours, one who is definitely not that way inclined.

His reaction afterwards was quite amusing.

haha...haven't been myself.

A mate who lives there has been multiple times. He took another friend of ours, one who is definitely not that way inclined.

His reaction afterwards was quite amusing.

I've been there loads over the years and i'm not that way inclined either; but, if you want the cheapest drinks along Orchard road its the place to go.

The best floor is the top floor, the cheapest drinks, the most interesting ladies (;)), the best music, and our trick was to speak to them in broken Russian/English and just say "no money, no money, Russian Sailor" and they leave you alone.

I've been there loads over the years and i'm not that way inclined either; but, if you want the cheapest drinks along Orchard road its the place to go.

The best floor is the top floor, the cheapest drinks, the most interesting ladies (;)), the best music, and our trick was to speak to them in broken Russian/English and just say "no money, no money, Russian Sailor" and they leave you alone.

Take them to Romeo's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back