AFL Club
Collingwood

Young_Guns

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I know it appears as though Spitta is a shoe-in for captain with all the advertising and promotion around him, but surely Touk must be close to gig, if not co-captain especially after watching him in all these clips.
He really seems to be the standout leader of this next generation Suns, is a great clubman, great in front of the cameras, and seems to have a great relationship with the playing squad and really represents what we are building. I know he’s only 22 but that position could be his for 10 years and we can grow some consistency around him

Choppers

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I absolutely loved that vid, not only for the content and the positive message that this group of players is putting out there, but the fact also that our media dept. I hope, is finally getting the message. Supporters and fans want to know what is happening at OUR Club and this 7min vid went a long way to achieving that.....a big well done from me. :thumbsu:

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was a good video, glad to see the boys working hard on their resilience and teamwork. I feel like we get this sort of message from the club every year though, and would have loved to see more footy's. why don't they all have footballs at football training?

SandyToes

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was a good video, glad to see the boys working hard on their resilience and teamwork. I feel like we get this sort of message from the club every year though, and would have loved to see more footy's. why don't they all have footballs at football training?

Also, and I hope you're sitting down- but if you go to any matches this year you may see players kicking backwards and even across goals
I know
It's hard

SandyToes

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
and would have loved to see more footy's. why don't they all have footballs at football training?
Just on this
They did have the footys out when they were up at the Queenstown Sports and Rec Centre
Which leads me to one of my pet peeves
Why is it that when rival codes enter another code's domain they start in with rival skills?
The boys were throwing rugby passes with the Sherrin
You see it when SOO or Union Tests are at The G- all the rugby dufuses start kicking whacky drop punts to each other

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exile

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Moderator #5,537
i follow quite a few of the boys on instagram, and it's quite refreshing to see almost every one of them post about the NZ trip. seems like they all had a really good time and bonded well as a group. I've never seen so many of them post about a suns occurance or event, it's really good to see i reckon!

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
i follow quite a few of the boys on instagram, and it's quite refreshing to see almost every one of them post about the NZ trip. seems like they all had a really good time and bonded well as a group. I've never seen so many of them post about a suns occurance or event, it's really good to see i reckon!
It gave me the impression that they were asked by the club to post about the trip, but in saying that, this is probably the most unified I’ve seen the club at any point

SandyToes

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Last edited:

Ben Drever

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pro- Favourite part of whole story is Rankine is getting around to every group and being a cheeky rascal!

Sounds like he is invested and enjoying himself.

Con- was Lukosius mentioned at all in the story? :/

gcsunsfc

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
The extra kms to build a base sound good to me. I hope the coaching team says, enjoy your Christmas break. Keep up a bit of running whilst your away. Come back next year ready to do more skills and game plan work.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben Drever

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can't really mention all the players on the list.
I dont give a flying.. about lemmens and the players ranked 30-45
Just the top 22 and top 10 picks
Especially when the media already saying clubs are contacting lukosius’s manager about leaving the Suns.

I want to know about how he interacting!!

AFL Club
Gold Coast
I dont give a flying.. about lemmens and the players ranked 30-45
Just the top 22 and top 10 picks
Especially when the media already saying clubs are contacting lukosius’s manager about leaving the Suns.

I want to know about how he interacting!!
Count me in the opposite camp as someone who would much rather hear that the club has 40+ players that are actively working to achieve success as a team, rather than article after bullshit article focus on how important it apparently is to have one 18 year old high draft pick that has never played AFL be the clubs saving grace.

TheSunGod

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team Buakaw Golovkin
The fitness level is miles ahead of last year they are significantly fitter. The mature age recruits are fantastic l'm told have really lifted the professionalism and unity of the group.
Would you say Miles, GHS and co. are an improvement on the leadership provided by Lynch and May?

Top Bottom