Suns in the Media

briztoon

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Yes, Brisbane fans are quite bullish about next season. Hopefully your dream injury run will last and Lions depth will not be exposed. Consider 2nd QClash last year as a warning :) Suns were missing 9 best, Lions 2 - yet Lions barely sneaked in.

What position do you expect Lions to finish?

Also I am curious about Hipwood. I have seen some pictures of him early preseason and he seems still quite skinny. Is it his body type so he is not able to bulk up? Other players looked good.
I expect we’ll finish somewhere between 15th and 12th. I hope we finish somewhere between 10th and 8th.

The talk is Hipwood’s body type doesn’t allow him to add much bulk. He has put on a little muscle each year, but he’s not able to put on genuine mass.

Early in the year I made the comparison in one of our draft discussions, that Lukosius already is the player we hope Hipwood turns out to be. Lukosius is superior in almost all aspects, especially footy brain. The only areas of the game where Hipwood is superior is height, length and outright speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I expect we’ll finish somewhere between 15th and 12th. I hope we finish somewhere between 10th and 8th.

The talk is Hipwood’s body type doesn’t allow him to add much bulk. He has put on a little muscle each year, but he’s not able to put on genuine mass.

Early in the year I made the comparison in one of our draft discussions, that Lukosius already is the player we hope Hipwood turns out to be. Lukosius is superior in almost all aspects, especially footy brain. The only areas of the game where Hipwood is superior is height, length and outright speed.
Athleticism is pretty important in the game!

The above points you made are some of the reasons that I don’t think hipwood is ever going to be reliable as a dominant key forward.

To me he is a super dangerous second banana. Capable of kicking 5 in a quarter but also wouldn’t surprise for him to go missing in a critical game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Old Sol

Debutant
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Article on Dave Swallow by Michael Whiting on afl.com.au. Nothing new really - just that he has old man knees and hasn't left the club yet.
Only thing that caught my interest was Swallows thoughts on captaincy:
"I feel if I'm the one for the job, it'll take care of itself,"
"I'm not one to say: 'I'm the man'. I think it'll evolve. Whoever gets the job will take the club forward."

I dead set love the bloke but he isn't my first choice for captain.

briztoon

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Athleticism is pretty important in the game!

The above points you made are some of the reasons that I don’t think hipwood is ever going to be reliable as a dominant key forward.

To me he is a super dangerous second banana. Capable of kicking 5 in a quarter but also wouldn’t surprise for him to go missing in a critical game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t disagree with most of that. For me, it’s not so much Hippy going missing, more that he sometimes or often times doesn’t see the better options and just hoists for goal.

Iva Bigun

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Article on Dave Swallow by Michael Whiting on afl.com.au. Nothing new really - just that he has old man knees and hasn't left the club yet.
Only thing that caught my interest was Swallows thoughts on captaincy:
"I feel if I'm the one for the job, it'll take care of itself,"
"I'm not one to say: 'I'm the man'. I think it'll evolve. Whoever gets the job will take the club forward."

I dead set love the bloke but he isn't my first choice for captain.
Plus 1, love him as he leads by example player but the media isn’t his thing

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any questions for Tom Boswell from the Gold Coast Bulletin? He is happy to ask Suns this Thurs. Here is the FB link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoldCoastSUNSmembers/

"The club will be doing a large media opp on Thursday with nearly the entire list so if anyone has anything they would like to know about a certain player, within reason, I'll do my best to ask for you and cover it in some stories."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Pacers, Arsenal, Colts, Mets
Top Bottom