Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Sexton has signed a new deal. No real details on the length,

SUNS SECURE SEXTION

Gold Coast has locked away its main goal kicker in Round 1 — four-goal forward Alex Sexton.

The free agent was one of their best stories in 2018 as Steven May and Tom Lynch departed, kicking 28.19 after pushing forward into attack.

Sexton is only 25 and exactly the kind of player they have any to keep, having secured him on a multi-year contract.

The Suns believe they are making progress on extension talks with their trio of early picks in Ben King, Izak Raynor and Jack Lukosius.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/dbb278c5841e8f2d4e18cec0e836871e

Last edited:
"The Suns believe they are making progress on extension talks with their trio of early picks in Ben King, Izak Raynor and Jack Lukosius."

Anybody else intrigued by this Izak Raynor bloke?
Fair dinkum, he could be anything........or anyone, for that matter.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...ce-told-us/news-story/fd00828823e75498c32b847

GOLD COAST

It’s only Round Two, but …

The Suns aren’t the basket case many expected them to be this year. If Peter Wright made a better decision in Round 1 they would be undefeated right now. A week after looking banged up, new co-captain David Swallow reminded the competition of how good he can be, producing a pivotal performance that underlined his leadership.

Wow, May really has given Melbourne the full Steven May experience in such a short amount of time. Suspended for a stupid hit rd1 and a soft tissue issue forcing him on the sidelines rd2. This out of shape stuff is new though, I don’t recall anything like this happening with us?

It is alarmingly coincidental the timing of clearing out the likes of May, Lynch and Hall and the squad now looking as unified and driven as we have ever seen with this attitude to dig in until the final siren that we have seen sparingly throughout our existence. Culture.

For those that didn't see afl 360 last night. We got a couple of good mentions. Robbo's Monday hero was Swallow & Collins. Whilst not a huge amount of time dedicated we were also in the big winners list giving big praise to Stuart Dew and the team for buying in and just wanting to improve the direction of the club.

Still sitting 18th in the power rankings on fox footy. I really hope we finish above the likes of the Demons and Bombers on the actual ladder just to shove it up em.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That is more to do with perception, if we some how manage to roll the Dogs over on Sunday, watch for that to spike.

Least there was some acceptance that we are better than the Victoria media gave us credit for early on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that didn't see afl 360 last night. We got a couple of good mentions. Robbo's Monday hero was Swallow & Collins. Whilst not a huge amount of time dedicated we were also in the big winners list giving big praise to Stuart Dew and the team for buying in and just wanting to improve the direction of the club.
They actually gave us some respect for once

Typical media , look at how they praise Fremantle after round 1 , I just don't buy it , I rather they disrespect GCS and GCS go on and win more matches than their respect .

Still sitting 18th in the power rankings on fox footy. I really hope we finish above the likes of the Demons and Bombers on the actual ladder just to shove it up em.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You're not the only club to be disrespected like that somewhat. Both Brisbane and St Kilda outside the 8.

Love how even the players not playing were all equally excited for the win.

Everyone of the SUNS squad looks invested into what we are creating. We have not had that before. This is awesome
I've watched that a lot and the team song. It's been a long time since I felt like anything like it. I'm not sure what the vibe was when they've won before, but there is something special about this group. About the bond and love between them. That emotion and passion in these videos are clearly evident.

Where's your coach? Why isn't Dew in there singing with the players?

Just Kidding. There's no coach like Fagan.

Dew wasn't there because he knew "it was the players time in the sun". To me, that's the sign of a good coach. But I'm sure he was in amongst them when it was needed....

There's no coach like Dew.....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back