Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he continues to take Brodie under his wing in the off-season and really gets his fitness and running up to scratch, given that from some reports he was finishing dead last in the pre-season runs.
and yet I think he's managed to play every game this year NEAFL/AFL up until the hamstring on the weekend

and yet I think he's managed to play every game this year NEAFL/AFL up until the hamstring on the weekend

I wasn't referring to his durability but that he wasn't doing the 2 way running that Dew was wanting which appears to have cost him playing more AFL games at times.

When Wilkinson was being picked over Warhammer, my God!!!
Of course Joel was an "Atherleet" whereas sadly Warnock's only redeeming feature knowing how to play footy
my absolute most frustration in my time since 2011 supporting The Suns, he was so hopeless at reading the play and yet Bluey kept putting him out there while Warnock was solid and dependable and could play AFL

When Warhammer was dropped he was leading the AFL in 1%ers which with intercept marks is a key indicator for defenders
Slow as a wet week by I'd play 22 of him ahead of one Joel Wilkinsin or Timmy Sumner

I wasn't referring to his durability but that he wasn't doing the 2 way running that Dew was wanting which appears to have cost him playing more AFL games at times.
I understand that but it comes back to what you want from your players
It's always seems that some players are given different goal posts
We need players who can get their hands on the footy
We let one guy who's capable of that walk to the Lions because of defensive running
As an aside the very very very worst defensive runner that ever turned out for us was Ablett
But that's ok right?

We let one guy who's capable of that walk to the Lions because of defensive running
As an aside the very very very worst defensive runner that ever turned out for us was Ablett
But that's ok right?

I agree that what Brodie is doing for us now is great and every effort should be made to maximise his strengths but at the same time Brodie should be meeting Dew half way and getting fitter, and who knows maybe he has.

In terms of his defensive running Aaron Hall learned from his god squad cohort and carried the torch when he left.

The only problem was Ablett could actually do something constructive when he got the ball as opposed to Hall who had no conscious when it came to understanding his limitations with ball in hand.

Does anyone think that we would be any better with Hall in Suns colours this year given how quickly he was found out at North?

I agree that what Brodie is doing for us now is great and every effort should be made to maximise his strengths but at the same time Brodie should be meeting Dew half way and getting fitter, and who knows maybe he has.

In terms of his defensive running Aaron Hall learned from his god squad cohort and carried the torch when he left.

The only problem was Ablett could actually do something constructive when he got the ball as opposed to Hall who had no conscious when it came to understanding his limitations with ball in hand.

Does anyone think that we would be any better with Hall in Suns colours this year given how quickly he was found out at North?
I always joked that if you wanted to keep 100 bucks safe from Grablett just put it in your backpocket because Gaz has never heard of one.
Hall was the same- awful player

Did Peoples think that NEAFL is the same level as AFL? Nobody even care you pull a hamstring in Neafl.

I always joked that if you wanted to keep 100 bucks safe from Grablett just put it in your backpocket because Gaz has never heard of one.
Hall was the same- awful player

That's unfair - Grablett would make his way to the back pocket once we had possession to grab a couple of cheeky handballs out the back.

That's unfair - Grablett would make his way to the back pocket once we had possession to grab a couple of cheeky handballs out the back.

That Collingwood game when he got 53 or something disposals was a great example of this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So would work under the same rules as our academy when it comes to drafting?
Sounds like they are still working on how it will all work
The Gold Coast Suns are likely to be given Darwin as a recruiting zone as part of a package of measures aimed at lifting the struggling club.

But the league is yet to decide precisely how the zone would work, such as whether the Suns would have complete access to the talent in that area under the normal academy bidding system, or if there would be restrictions such as the new "top 40'' draft exclusion for Indigenous academy players in Western Australia and South Australia

One of the things the AFL has to get rid of is the ridiculous father son rule
It only advantages established Clubs
If Clubs want those players they should have to pay for them
Don't they technically pay for them with bids/points within a selection draft pick? I remember last year pies had to make sure they had the picks to garner the points for academy/and also Will Kelly F/S)

I think if clubs stay bottom for more than 3 years academy and father/son should be free. Eg Budarick and Bowes should come free for GCS.

But that's ok right?
We don't seem to appreciate the players we really need - those who aren't as pretty, maybe not as fast BUT can get the ball many more times than our little fleet-footed boys. I'm keenly awaiting Marlion Picket's first game in the VFL for Richmond (possibly this week), remembering we could have had him earlier in the draft. Richmond sees things we don't when it comes to grunt and pure aggression backed up with ball getting talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back