Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I read it first
And Then I asked for the spew bucket on here
He is full of BS. He left his family behind at 25.... wow what a trooper.
Despite ‘family issues’ he’s more than happy to then re-sign with a heavily front loaded contract for job security when injured. He then misses every away game and then again pulls out the family card when it suits him.
Pass me the bucket after you’re done with it Bods. There’s no point being married to Grublett if no one recognises you. That’s the real reason

Gold Coast
Short-term outlook

Strength:
Gold Coast are well placed through the ruck with Jarrod Witts leading the way, with enough capable depth behind him.
Weakness: Across all lines, the Suns lack star power and need to add more established talent.
Projection: With a lack of quality established players, it is unlikely Gold Coast finish higher on the ladder in 2020. Over the next few seasons, the Suns will go as far as their youth takes them - pumping games into their youth is essential as their young players are their better talents.

Long-term outlook

Core pieces:
Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine, Ben King, Matthew Rowell, Noah Anderson, Sam Flanders and Charlie Ballard.
Strengths: Possessing arguably the most exciting young 'big-7' in the competition, the Suns have strong key position stocks, an excellent midfield and a front half that can cause problems for a long time.
Weaknesses: Gold Coast lack quality young general defenders and will need to start investing over coming years.

Gold Coast
Short-term outlook

Strength:
Gold Coast are well placed through the ruck with Jarrod Witts leading the way, with enough capable depth behind him.
Weakness: Across all lines, the Suns lack star power and need to add more established talent.
Projection: With a lack of quality established players, it is unlikely Gold Coast finish higher on the ladder in 2020. Over the next few seasons, the Suns will go as far as their youth takes them - pumping games into their youth is essential as their young players are their better talents.

Long-term outlook

Core pieces:
Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine, Ben King, Matthew Rowell, Noah Anderson, Sam Flanders and Charlie Ballard.
Strengths: Possessing arguably the most exciting young 'big-7' in the competition, the Suns have strong key position stocks, an excellent midfield and a front half that can cause problems for a long time.
Weaknesses: Gold Coast lack quality young general defenders and will need to start investing over coming years.

haha, at least he's consistent with his statements.
No idea why he doesn't consider someone like Jack Bowes in the "core" group. He hasn't performed at elite midfielder level of course, but has shown at lot of positive attributes and only going to get better. Reckon he's a suns for life player too.

Gold Coast
Short-term outlook

Strength:

Long-term outlook

Core pieces:

Spot on about the defenders. It’s going to hurt us big time until we can some players back there

Team A:
FB: Connor Budarick, Sam Collins, Jack Lukosius
HB: Jack Bowes, Caleb Graham, Jez McLennan
C: Brandon Ellis, Hugh Greenwood, Noah Anderson
HF: Darcy Macpherson, Sam Day, Sean Lemmens
FF: Alex Sexton, Ben King, Ben Ainsworth
FOL: Zac Smith, Will Brodie, David Swallow
INT: Lachie Weller, Touk Miller, Jesse Joyce

Decent squad that. Jez Mclennan an interesting pick.

Wright and Fiorini in the B team is interesting.

Team A:

Given thats 21 players you could add a couple extra for the game on Saturday. Does it matter which team they are on?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given thats 21 players you could add a couple extra for the game on Saturday. Does it matter which team they are on?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looking at the list in the article, Team A is stack compared to Team B, which would give some sort of indication.

However I think Rowell and Fiorini will be in the starting 22 come round 1.

Team A:

And here’s team B

Team B:

FB: Corey Joyce (academy), Chris Burgess, Corey Ellis

HB: Jacob Dawson, Jacob Heron, Jordan Murdoch

C: Jeremy Sharp, Matt Rowell, George Horlin-Smith

HF: Josh Gore (academy), Josh Corbett, Malcolm Rosas

FF: Patrick Murtagh, Peter Wright, Nick Holman

FOL: Matt Conroy, Brayden Fiorini, Sam Fletcher,

INT: Josh Schoenfeld, unknown academy player

Team A:

No chance that Jesse Joyce, Mclennan, Budarick and Harbrow are all in round 1.

I'd have one of Mclennan/Joyce as a midsizer and one of Budarick/Harbrow as a small.

Leaves room for Rowell and Fiorini.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And here’s team B

Team B:

FB: Corey Joyce (academy), Chris Burgess, Corey Ellis

HB: Jacob Dawson, Jacob Heron, Jordan Murdoch

C: Jeremy Sharp, Matt Rowell, George Horlin-Smith

HF: Josh Gore (academy), Josh Corbett, Malcolm Rosas

FF: Patrick Murtagh, Peter Wright, Nick Holman

FOL: Matt Conroy, Brayden Fiorini, Sam Fletcher,

INT: Josh Schoenfeld, unknown academy player
Heron v Day would have been an interesting match-up. I can't imagine that really happened, but I would like to have watched some of those other match-ups. Corbett v Graham. Burgess v King. Brodie, Swallow & Greenwood v Rowell, Fiorini & Fletcher. Even Collins v Wright.

Naitanui looks set to be the face of West Coast’s involvement, club president Peggy O’Neal has been earmarked to represent Richmond, while No. 1 draft pick Matt Rowell has already been locked in to tell Gold Coast’s story.

Naitanui looks set to be the face of West Coast’s involvement, club president Peggy O’Neal has been earmarked to represent Richmond, while No. 1 draft pick Matt Rowell has already been locked in to tell Gold Coast’s story.

That will be awesome if they get that off the ground

“Technically, we do have some options,” Suns football manager Jon Haines said.

“We can put Mitch on the long term injury list, or what they call the inactive list.

“There is an element of it becoming a funding issue as well. we have have 52 on our list at the moment so it’s a fairly large one.

“We are pretty comfortable with where we are at right now.

Interesting choice to choose a guy who has been here for 5 minutes.
I suppose he is the future though so can definitely understand
If you ask 100 random AFL 'fans' to name 5 GC players I reckon Matt Rowell would be one of the most mentioned players for us despite not playing a regular season game yet.

Dwayne is such an arrogant pig interviewer
I wasn't going to listen but after your comment I wanted to hear how we conducted the interview.
What a prick.
Just non-stop put downs.

Can't wait until he has to commentate a game where he kick Geelong's arse in regular season. He will be the biggest sour puss complaining about priority picks etc

Dwayne is such an arrogant pig interviewer
He was basically shouting at Haines & baiting him with stories of cockroaches & stuff. Haines didn't take the bait. He just remained calm & told him what was really happening. Haines asked whether Russell had seen our facilities & he said he had. I'm not sure whether that's true. I heard he refused the invitation to look through the Austworld Centre. I've seen it & it's bloody impressive.

He was basically shouting at Haines & baiting him with stories of cockroaches & stuff. Haines didn't take the bait. He just remained calm & told him what was really happening. Haines asked whether Russell had seen our facilities & he said he had. I'm not sure whether that's true. I heard he refused the invitation to look through the Austworld Centre. I've seen it & it's bloody impressive.

Dwayne Russell is a cockroach. You cannot escape him. Watch AFL and there he is. Listen to the Radio there he is. Turn on the Basketball and there he is.
Hes a disease carrying insect that spoils what should be fun in life.

The kid at the end on the far left. He wasn't happy or interested lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back