Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey
“I love coming to the Gold Coast, I arrived here a month ago and love the beaches and what’s on offer, life down here will be pretty good,’’ he said.

“Right now I’m working hard to make sure I get to the e elite level, hopefully on the back of a big pre-season with no injuries.
“That will allow me to go 100 per cent at winning a spot in the league side.’’
Essentially a forward with a lightning lead, strong mark and accurate kick, Jeffrey wants to continue that role in a Suns jumper.
Hopefully that will be in the forward line, I played down back with the Allies and didn’t mind it actually.
“But the forward line is obviously my preferred position so I’ll be working hard towards achieving that goal.

The Territory is tipped to secure a draft hat-trick today with Maurice Rioli Jr headed to Richmond under the father-son rule and Brodie Lake being courted by a number of clubs.

Watch out. SUNS open to trade down!
Speaking to SUNS Media, Burns said the club would look to draft the best available talent with Gold Coast’s current pick 5, but would be open to moving up or down the order for the right price.

“We’ll stay really open and flexible of what might come our way,” Burns said.

“We’ve had prior discussions with a number of clubs about some strategies moving in so we’ll keep open to all of those and see what unfolds on the night.”

Last edited:

Nah, I don't think anything happen just 1 pick and bye.

Matt Rowell interview
“The shoulder is really good at the moment,” Rowell said.
“I have still got a little bit to go with the rehab and in terms of training in these few weeks before Christmas they will just ease me into it in terms of contact stuff and then when we come back in January, I should be 100 percent ready to go.
“I am doing a little bit of contact, just warming it up and getting used to the different movements you need to do in a game, but just one-on-one stuff for now and getting it ready before I get into some full-on drills and body work, which will come in January.”

Rowell had a latarjet procedure performed to repair his injured shoulder and he was confident the joint would be stronger than before when he returned.
“I’m very happy with how the surgery went and at the moment it’s all about getting it stronger and getting it ready for game play.”

Rowell will move in with teammates Ben King and Jack Lukosius in the coming weeks and has his sights on starting a horticulture course next season to “take his mind off footy a bit” when he’s not at the club.

“The advice (Dew) has given me coming back from injury is just make sure you get it right first and we were really happy with you in your early games so just try and hard as you can to get back into that form and go from there.

“He backs me in my training standards and he knows I will be doing all I can to get right for Round 1 so he has full confidence in me. He is really good like that, Dewy. He puts a lot of faith into you and you just want to pay him back for it so that’s what I’ll be trying to do.”

Maybe he's staying put with Evans.

Sounds like the club has sent Rowell to live with King and Luko to teach them how a senior professional player does it.
Hollands to live with Evans I'm assuming. Might explain Rowell moving out.

And also King and Luko have a spare room with Fletcher leaving, so they need a roomate

Hollands to live with Evans I'm assuming. Might explain Rowell moving out.

And also King and Luko have a spare room with Fletcher leaving, so they need a roomate

With their respective $600k contracts kicking in this year not sure if 'need' a roommate is the most accurate term.

Just joking of course.

Hollands has moved in with Josh Corbett.
Interesting.
Not going the CEO route.
Must be more independant than the others at this point of their life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe only for this week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s for this week only, then coming back to Melbourne for Xmas

Christmas wishlist: Champion Data stats reveal what your club needs for 2021
GOLD COAST
Crosshairs. Gold Coast needs to improve its aim. The Suns’ kicking efficiency continues to be a problem for the team. In six of their 10 years in the competition, the Suns have ranked in the bottom two sides for kicking efficiency. An outside ball-winner would also be a welcome Christmas gift after the Suns lost the uncontested possession count by 21 per game across 2020 – the worst ranking in the league.

Christmas wishlist: Champion Data stats reveal what your club needs for 2021

Those 2 things go hand in hand.
Definitely a clear, outstanding need.

Ellis helped last year.
Anderson started to take some steps here
Hopefully Rory Atkins can be an outlet too.

Did anyone see in the last GC media video the inside the draft room?

Based on the reaction I get the feeling they really wanted DGB to fall to us. They were more excited to see Swans take Macdonald than when Hollands fell to us.

The AFL has agreed to a new Rights' deal with Foxtel & Telstra, 2023-24- for a record $946m over 2years (includes Seven payments for 2023-24).

(Scroll, for details, to my posts#2912 & 2915).

This reinforces GCFC's long term future in the AFL, & funding or GR AF in Qld. (not that any AFL or Club Officials, re possible financial effects of covid, suggested otherwise).

Hey guys & girls. I hope it's ok I post in here.

In our latest podcast my mate and I do, we kicked off our 2020 club reviews discussing the Gold Coast Suns.

From the 19.45min we talk about the year the Suns had.
Give us a listen if you have a spare 15mins. Hope you enjoy it.

GOLD COAST @ 19.45min
- Rowell + Anderson already the best 2 mids at club
- Greenwood + Ellis add leadership
- Competitive & no blow outs, but tailed off after 3-1 start
- Collins cements himself as no.1 back
- Rankine needs a bigger tank to stay more involved
- Brodie + Ainsworth disappoint again

Did anyone see in the last GC media video the inside the draft room?

Based on the reaction I get the feeling they really wanted DGB to fall to us. They were more excited to see Swans take Macdonald than when Hollands fell to us.
Agree, either that or poor editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back