Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wrong about needing to win
But "What do they stand for?"That's just asshattery
Franklin and Hickey out will help but we need to start playing a couple of players to avoid another Scrimshaw . The 945 am VFL starts don't really help retention

I’m very pleased to see the On The Couch blokes rubbish us and ask questions of Dew.
We need the Melbourne media to demand more accountability from us because we know the media in our state aren't going to do it. Dew needs to show that footage to the playing group tomorrow and demand a response this week. No excuses for this Swans game.

We need the Melbourne media to demand more accountability from us because we know the media in our state aren't going to do it. Dew needs to show that footage to the playing group tomorrow and demand a response this week. No excuses for this Swans game.
Glad the Melbourne media is starting to take note of how abjectly poor the start to our season has been.

We now have a run of 4 winnable games we need to start putting a few W's up. If we go through this run with no success, questions need to start being posed.

Glad the Melbourne media is starting to take note of how abjectly poor the start to our season has been.

We now have a run of 4 winnable games we need to start putting a few W's up. If we go through this run with no success, questions need to start being posed.

Lloyd is right on the afl website with Barrett about lukosius and king if wins don’t start coming soon

The Gold Coast Suns are suffering from seven draft ‘misses’ – and an AFL great is ‘starting to ask’ questions of the coach

Amazing Ainsworth has got under the radar for so long, also think giving Martin and Wright for basically nothing were poor decisions. Our northern territory zone has yet to produce a possession and only using one draft pick last year (on a injured player although extremely talented) all add up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask the questions now. I’ve been attacked since the Adelaide loss where we disgracefully lost to the wooden spooners by the usual little mob and as per usual I was proven to be correct.
Ask now.
Game plan?
Player development?
Fitness?
Heart?
selections?
All of the above are an embarrassment to the aspirational hard working people of our Gold Coast community.
They are petals.

Last edited:
We haven't copped it this bad from the Media since the end of Eades tenure. We just have to come out and win on the weekend. If the boys aren't fired up from this then we have much bigger issues then we thought
They were already under pressure from the Crows loss and were insipid in first half of the dogs game. It was the same for the lions pre season game, the Eagles game ( down 3 goals in 4 mins) they need a serious wake up call from the coach down. Hopefully the Coch or Evans is telling them they are playing for their careers

In my opinion with the list we have to have two wins since round eight of last year is just absolutely disgraceful

G'day Suns crew!

Thought this ep of Dyl and Friends might be of interest, which features Matt Rowell alongside Tom Mitchell, Patrick Cripps and Lachie Neale.

Bloke is a living legend in the flesh! Enjoy!

Excellent , Brownie spot on .
Yeah nah
Brisbane has Neale and Cameron
GWS has Toby Greene
Adelaide has Walker and Sloane
We have zero players who will(or are allowed) to be matchwinners like the above
Nothing makes my haemorrhoids swell more than stars doing the "team thing"
That's for workaday journeyman
Rankine looks like a tiger in a cage-and just as sad
I could go on

Ask the questions now. I’ve been attacked since the Adelaide loss where we disgracefully lost to the wooden spooners by the usual little mob and as per usual I was proven to be correct.
Ask now.
Game plan?
Player development?
Fitness?
Heart?
selections?
All of the above are an embarrassment to the aspirational hard working people of our Gold Coast community.
They are petals.
I agree with everything except the bolded. Adelaide are CLEARLY not the worst team in the competition this year, which is the only year that matters. a stat actually came out before their game the other day that showed that in each clubs past 7 games, only Richmond had won more than Adelaide.

For the rest you’re right.

Our game plan is no longer suited to the open run and carry gameplan other teams are playing to and we still don’t have an A grade midfielder playing. Players like Ainsworth, Brodie, Fiorini, Wright, Ah Chee, Scrimshaw, Day etc. have never developed (surprise that they were all Clayton selections) and we just never seem to be able to match teams for endurance in games.

the worrying thing about our player development that I think will be assisted by the new VFL/NEAFL set up is that we’ve never really had guys develop in the twos and come in and contribute.

It gets tiring to watch year after year, but Im still hopeful that getting a few guys back after the bye, we'll have a big second half of the season.

Ask now.
Game plan?
Player development?
Fitness?
Heart?
selections?
They are petals.
I totally agree , I still remember Jirik keep on laughing at Fremantle and GWS after a few games .Now both team already won more games than GCS.

Last edited:
Yeah nah
Brisbane has Neale and Cameron
GWS has Toby Greene
Adelaide has Walker and Sloane
We have zero players who will(or are allowed) to be matchwinners like the above
Nothing makes my haemorrhoids swell more than stars doing the "team thing"
That's for workaday journeyman
Rankine looks like a tiger in a cage-and just as sad
I could go on
Fremantle have who ? Fyfe miss games , Mundy is around 35 years old . Lost Neale , hill and Langdon .

I agree with everything except the bolded. Adelaide are CLEARLY not the worst team in the competition this year, which is the only year that matters. a stat actually came out before their game the other day that showed that in each clubs past 7 games, only Richmond had won more than Adelaide.

For the rest you’re right.

Our game plan is no longer suited to the open run and carry gameplan other teams are playing to and we still don’t have an A grade midfielder playing. Players like Ainsworth, Brodie, Fiorini, Wright, Ah Chee, Scrimshaw, Day etc. have never developed (surprise that they were all Clayton selections) and we just never seem to be able to match teams for endurance in games.

the worrying thing about our player development that I think will be assisted by the new VFL/NEAFL set up is that we’ve never really had guys develop in the twos and come in and contribute.

It gets tiring to watch year after year, but Im still hopeful that getting a few guys back after the bye, we'll have a big second half of the season.
I heard something a week or two ago saying that collectively we actually have run the furthest in the league.
Doesn't seem to equate to smart running though

Looking forward to show me a post where I was laughing at Freo and GWS.

Just leave me out of your trolling.
I just do what you did to Mr Bods. , If that call trolling then you troll him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back