HB: Trent McKenzie Sam Collins Adam Saad

106 games 28 games, 2020 B & F 48 games

C: Touk Miller Dion Prestia Michael Rischitelli

120 games 95 games 132 games

HF: Alex Sexton Charlie Dixon Jack Martin

136 games, 132 goals 65 games, 94 goals 97 games, 81 goals

F: Harley Bennell Tom Lynch Brandon Matera

81 games, 92 goals 131 games, 2015, ‘16 B & Fs 101 games, 124 goals

Foll: Jarrod Witts Gary Ablett (C) David Swallow (vc)

82 games, 2019 B & F 110 games, 2011-13, ‘17 B & Fs 157 games, 2014 B & F

Inter: Sam Day Kade Kolodjashnij Jaeger O’Meara Lachie Weller

139 games 78 games 44 games

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
GOLD COAST’S BEST TEAM OF DECADE
B: Jarrod Harbrow Steven May Charlie Ballard

189 games, 2018 B & F 123 games 51 games

That midfield jeepers

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers

Lol 12 of these “ greats” left to play at other clubs. Laughable

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Lol 12 of these “ greats” left to play at other clubs. Laughable
Being set up in Dongers and inexperienced staff members is laughable. What happened has happened, unfortunately we don't have many contenders

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

i feel like rory is the glaring omission. i don't know if collins & ballard have had a bit of recentism, but peak rory was shutting down every KPF easily.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
i feel like rory is the glaring omission. i don't know if collins & ballard have had a bit of recentism, but peak rory was shutting down every KPF easily.
Collins is fair enough. He's a club B&F winner and we've only had 6 B&F winners in our club history so you sort of have to pick him. However, picking Ballard over Rory Thompson is a travesty. Rory had many big games for us and would be one of the few guys in the AFL who kept Buddy Franklin goalless during his prime years. It'd be like picking Hugh Greenwood over David Swallow - you just wouldn't do it.

Last edited:

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Collins is fair enough. He's a club B&F winner and we've only had 6 B&F winners in our club history so you sort of have to pick him. However, picking Ballard over Rory Thompson is a travesty. Rory had many big games for us and would be one of the few guys in the AFL who kept Buddy Franklin goalless during his prime years. It'd be like picking Hugh Greenwood over David Swallow - you just wouldn't do it.
Rory also finished top 5 B+F at least once or twice from memory

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The guys on Fox Footy are slamming us at the moment (rightfully so) and have labeled two of our future stars 'Gentle Jack' and 'Nice Noah' because they don't think they want it badly enough. They are imploring these two and the rest of our list to step up and show they all collectively want to achieve something great otherwise we're going to experience another five years of mediocrity.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
The guys on Fox Footy are slamming us at the moment (rightfully so) and have labeled two of our future stars 'Gentle Jack' and 'Nice Noah' because they don't think they want it badly enough. They are imploring these two and the rest of our list to step up and show they all collectively want to achieve something great otherwise we're going to experience another five years of mediocrity.
Yeah lets choose two baby face assassins.

Dayne Zorko called out Benny Ainsworth for standing up when we were down to brisbane, there are players out there who want it but ever since Steven May left we don't have an enforcer. Holman, Lemmens, Ainsworth and Collins do like a fight but have all not done that much in football

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd

Dayne Zorko called out Benny Ainsworth for standing up when we were down to brisbane, there are players out there who want it but ever since Steven May left we don't have an enforcer. Holman, Lemmens, Ainsworth and Collins do like a fight but have all not done that much in football
Collins is a b&f winner!

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

So when does it become okay to be critical of a player? This is Luko's third year in the league and he's almost racked up 50 AFL games (47 to date). How much longer can you use the young/inexperienced excuse to protect a guy like him from criticism? They certainly weren't criticising Ben King's endeavour and that's because Kingy very obviously wants the ball any time it goes near him and gets very animated whenever he kicks goal. His desire to get the ball, kick goals and win games is visually clear to anyone who watches Suns games.

Maybe they're wrong and maybe Luko is desperate to get the ball/win but you have to admit he does look very casual on field at times. Compare the way Luko goes after the ball to another winger like Brandon Ellis and it's pretty obvious which player is absolutely desperate to get the ball and which one thinks he's just going to get the ball eventually. It sort of reminds me of Jack Martin - prodigious junior who was predicted to be a generational talent but only occasionally shows flashes of brilliance and seems very casual when he plays.

I'll give you Noah Anderson though. Only played 25 games and has moved from the wing to playing probably the most difficult position on field as an onballer. It takes at least a few years to learn the craft for 99% of players and then you start to see them really dominate games regularly i.e. Hugh McCluggage this year.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I love Luko and he is a genuine weapon but I've been worried about his urgency from the get go and it hasn't seemed to improve. He never seems to work hard. Doesn't gut run or chase hard or desperately go after a ball
Not sure about this.I understand what you're saying but he's not a hard ball in and under player.I think he's being moulded into that quarterback type role.I've never seen him shirk and contest.A Rolls Royce never works hard either but maybe the 4 cylinder Chinese buzzbox gets more attention because of the noise and effort its always producing

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Not sure about this.I understand what you're saying but he's not a hard ball in and under player.I think he's being moulded into that quarterback type role.I've never seen him shirk and contest.A Rolls Royce never works hard either but maybe the 4 cylinder Chinese buzzbox gets more attention because of the noise and effort its always producing
I agree with what you are saying and he is a smooth operator but he just seems to be going in 2nd gear. There is surely more to him work rate wise. Nick Riewoldt was a smooth mover to but you could see him busting his guts at every contest. I want to see that from Luko

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
So when does it become okay to be critical of a player? This is Luko's third year in the league and he's almost racked up 50 AFL games (47 to date). How much longer can you use the young/inexperienced excuse to protect a guy like him from criticism? They certainly weren't criticising Ben King's endeavour and that's because Kingy very obviously wants the ball any time it goes near him and gets very animated whenever he kicks goal. His desire to get the ball, kick goals and win games is visually clear to anyone who watches Suns games.

Maybe they're wrong and maybe Luko is desperate to get the ball/win but you have to admit he does look very casual on field at times. Compare the way Luko goes after the ball to another winger like Brandon Ellis and it's pretty obvious which player is absolutely desperate to get the ball and which one thinks he's just going to get the ball eventually. It sort of reminds me of Jack Martin - prodigious junior who was predicted to be a generational talent but only occasionally shows flashes of brilliance and seems very casual when he plays.

I'll give you Noah Anderson though. Only played 25 games and has moved from the wing to playing probably the most difficult position on field as an onballer. It takes at least a few years to learn the craft for 99% of players and then you start to see them really dominate games regularly i.e. Hugh McCluggage this year.
I don't think Luko deserves the bake, he's style is laidback and easy on the eye, don't want him to be snapped in half. Still a 195cm 80kg kid thats played DEF/WING/FWD.

If blokes wanna have a crack at our team than fair enough but attacking the wrong players. As i fan i don't even know where he's playing right now. Dew got him starting on the wing and now he's deep forward thanks to Atkins. Then he's floating around half back taking kick outs. Sure it would be nice to see some desperation from him but that isn't his role, thats greenwood swallow lemmens ainsworth type roles and feed it out to the neat kickers.

Brandon Ellis is playing his role to perfection, defensive wingers get no reward and they have to run their arse off to be the link up. Eg. Andrew Gaff, he's been doing it for years, running 16km a game.

Compare that to a Hugh McCluggage who runs the other way and more damaging, Atkins did that in the first quarter then completely dropped off but it was his first game so can't go too hard on him.

It's seriously hard to look good when we have No proper A Graders who can lift us out the s**t. It's s**t when we have the biggest list in the AFL and still can't find any heart to get over the line. All Dew needs to do this weeks team review is play AFL Bounce or AFL 360 and show them where we really are

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don't think Luko deserves the bake, he's style is laidback and easy on the eye, don't want him to be snapped in half. Still a 195cm 80kg kid thats played DEF/WING/FWD.

If blokes wanna have a crack at our team than fair enough but attacking the wrong players. As i fan i don't even know where he's playing right now. Dew got him starting on the wing and now he's deep forward thanks to Atkins. Then he's floating around half back taking kick outs. Sure it would be nice to see some desperation from him but that isn't his role, thats greenwood swallow lemmens ainsworth type roles and feed it out to the neat kickers.

Brandon Ellis is playing his role to perfection, defensive wingers get no reward and they have to run their arse off to be the link up. Eg. Andrew Gaff, he's been doing it for years, running 16km a game.

Compare that to a Hugh McCluggage who runs the other way and more damaging, Atkins did that in the first quarter then completely dropped off but it was his first game so can't go too hard on him.

It's seriously hard to look good when we have No proper A Graders who can lift us out the sh*t. It's sh*t when we have the biggest list in the AFL and still can't find any heart to get over the line. All Dew needs to do this weeks team review is play AFL Bounce or AFL 360 and show them where we really are
If he was a first year player I would agree with you, but he's played over 100 games of AFL football.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
If he was a first year player I would agree with you, but he's played over 100 games of AFL football.
Yeah hasn't played AFL football for a year coming off injuries, i would let it slide for the first game. Hope he can keep improving and not stay stagnated like the rest of our "core players"

740f74d9837facd1b8d89f836dedb373.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back