Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are condemned for being inconsistent.
We need to be consistent like St Kilda.
Lose to winless Essendon at time by 80 points
Beat Eagles next week by 20
Lose to Richmond by 85 points
Beat Hawthorn by 66
Lose to Bulldogs by 20 goals
Kept Adelaide scoreless for 50 minutes and then give up 6 goal lead.
Beat Richmond by 8 goals.
They were tipped to push for a top 4 spot after their recruiting drive.
Yet Warner, Lloyd, Caro, Fish all lay into us.

We are condemned for being inconsistent.
We need to be consistent like St Kilda.
Lose to winless Essendon at time by 80 points
Beat Eagles next week by 20
Lose to Richmond by 85 points
Beat Hawthorn by 66
Lose to Bulldogs by 20 goals
Kept Adelaide scoreless for 50 minutes and then give up 6 goal lead.
Beat Richmond by 8 goals.
They were tipped to push for a top 4 spot after their recruiting drive.
Yet Warner, Lloyd, Caro, Fish all lay into us.

To be fair Carlton saints Collingwood have also got laid into by the media all year

To be fair Carlton saints Collingwood have also got laid into by the media all year

Not to the extent that they get told to fold...

Collingwood also gets attention because they are Collingwood, Buckley/Eddie out and having fallen away so sharply in >9 months. They will be a big story all year.

I haven’t noticed a great deal of pressure on Ratten. Carlton have no doubt. But for sheer inconsistency St Kilda are hot/cold like no other.
What?

You don’t listen to general AFL podcasts do you.

The Age podcast has been discussing him for weeks and are just waiting “that game” to call for his head.

Fox Sports, First Crack have been lambasting his defensive coaching for weeks.

In terms of National AFL media, you’ve largely been an afterthought in discussions.

Collingwood, Carlton and to a lesser extent St Kilda, have been the main basket case clubs under the microscope.

It’s only recently that you’ve started to get anywhere near as negative media as the other 3 aforementioned teams.

What?

You don’t listen to general AFL podcasts do you.

The Age podcast has been discussing him for weeks and are just waiting “that game” to call for his head.

Fox Sports, First Crack have been lambasting his defensive coaching for weeks.

In terms of National AFL media, you’ve largely been an afterthought in discussions.

Collingwood, Carlton and to a lesser extent St Kilda, have been the main basket case clubs under the microscope.

It’s only recently that you’ve started to get anywhere near as negative media as the other 3 aforementioned teams.
????
My lead in post was about St Kilda and 'their' inconsistency.
Collingwood and Carlton have copped it in the media, hence me not mentioning them in my post.
We are always left alone when competitive, but after 2 losses we suddenly become front page news of the leading newspaper in Melb, and need to be shut down as a club. Not hidden away on podcasts.
I follow the footy media in Melbourne and there aren't too many calling for his head.

????
My lead in post was about St Kilda and 'their' inconsistency.
Collingwood and Carlton have copped it in the media, hence me not mentioning them in my post.
We are always left alone when competitive, but after 2 losses we suddenly become front page news of the leading newspaper in Melb, and need to be shut down as a club. Not hidden away on podcasts.
I follow the footy media in Melbourne and there aren't too many calling for his head.
I’m not in Melbourne, so can’t comment on what’s on the front page of the paper.

Much of the footy media I follow via podcasts are just waiting for Carlton to lose that “should win game” to call for his head.

That has definitely been discussed. There is a tipping point for Teague this season.

Nothing wrong with what he has said. It's all truths. He has just highlighted all the very things we have discussed over the last year.
It's no secret i talk to Fish a bit and he consulted me on this article earlier in the week where I relayed all the Criticisms I have heard here on this very board. I thought he might have gone a bit harder at Dew, Haines and Evans but maybe the club requested alterations.
It’s great that he is seeking input but IMO he is in a unique position to actually correct the BS ( like the Saturday night party) but doesn’t, why?

is he gagged by the editor, lazy or is there some other motivation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you boys want to silence the VFL media trolls, ambush the Tigers on your home deck next week.

Not only would it kill the Tigers finals chances, you might knock off Dimma and Cotch too.

Happy hunting!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not going to hold my breath but almost would make the pain worth it... almost

The Gold Coast SUNS are on the lookout for a creative video & digital content producer to join their team.

Even our media team are sick on writing, “we didn’t quite get it done”
“They were to good today”
“Close but no cigar”

there’s only so many terms you can use to say.. we *ingg lost again.

Messaging has changed but still a lot of spin

Gold Coast Suns CEO Mark Evans (30/6/21)
SEN BREAKFAST
On relocating to Melbourne as the sunshine state enters a snap lockdown, the Suns' inconsistency off the field, the positive signs for footy in Queensland, and more.

There you go you Vic media vultures, that's the only time you pricks are going to the the word SUNS and RELOCATION confirmed in the same sentence.

I just sat through VFL 360 because they promised I’d get Sir Touk and what do I get.
Zorko.
Jesus Wept

How dare VFL 360 interview a non Gold Coast born footballer. How Vic Bias of them :p

I was watching too. I was shattered. But apparently they didnt get into their accomodation at Albert Park until 9pm :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back