Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i can't believe how slowly this season is going. it's like we're spending the whole year waiting for the draft and/or jaeger returning

Thats how i was feeling this time last year , club just does'nt feel like its moving at all , needs a huge 2nd half and dont rely on Jaegar and Swallow being the missing pieces as its gonna take them a good 12-24 games to hit there straps again , we are only now seeing the best of Gaz again and its taken a superhuman half a season to regain his best.

Thats how i was feeling this time last year , club just does'nt feel like its moving at all , needs a huge 2nd half and dont rely on Jaegar and Swallow being the missing pieces as its gonna take them a good 12-24 games to hit there straps again , we are only now seeing the best of Gaz again and its taken a superhuman half a season to regain his best.
But how good is it :D

Really making a statement this year, isn't he..? :D

AFL Coaches' Association Champion Player of the Year

Leaderboard

66 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
64 Joel Selwood (Geel)
64 Rory Sloane (Adel)
56 Dustin Martin (Rich)
55 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
48 Luke Shuey (WC)
47 Todd Goldstein (NM)
47 Tom Lynch (GC)
45 Dylan Shiel (GWS)
41 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
41 Luke Parker (Syd)
41 Jack Steven (St.K)
41 Jack Ziebell (NM)

Ablett -Suns working on kicking skills under pressure.
Once we sort that out we'll win more games then we'll lose

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...e/news-story/a0b6a631998fcc1f9cb105e1d1899ed8

Ablett said the Suns had identified their inability to hit targets with the boot while under pressure as a major deficiency in their game and were working specifically on improving that key skill.

We have been saying this for at least 4 years, but now it's been identified

Are you ******* serious

Ablett said the Suns had identified their inability to hit targets with the boot while under pressure as a major deficiency in their game and were working specifically on improving that key skill.

We have been saying this for at least 4 years, but now it's been identified

Are you ******* serious
Really it's quite amazing that we've done as well as we have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns enforcer Steven May gets to know Saint Maverick Weller. Picture: AFL Media
may020716.jpg

Pretty sure Maysie knew him well already but wtg AFL Media, displaying an incident that was meaningless (convicting for some :eek:) in regards of the game, to denigrate the whole picture/overall passage of play involved.

Interesting to hear him say we'll be targeting mature recruits in the 22-26 year old age bracket with minimum 4 years of good footy left.

Interesting to hear him say we'll be targeting mature recruits in the 22-26 year old age bracket with minimum 4 years of good footy left.
Its logical - you just have to look at our age profile, and we are void of anyone between 24-30. I think I started saying this last trade period, I know I've been saying it for a while at least anyway. :)

The good ones in this age bracket are very hard to get. This is the age bracket where the current club, if the player is any good, goes all out to sign them up for their prime years. The club has done the hard yards with a young player on the list, now ready to get the best out of them.

If they are moving, either unwanted by current club for off-field/cultural issues, too expensive for current club for what they bring (also related to culture), or want to move (and not that many want to move to Qld).

Easiest option in this age bracket are the talented players who have not quite put it together yet. Watts last year a good example. Could have been had but now having a great year and going nowhere.

So maybe players like Jack Grimes or Horlin-Smith? I think they were both on the list of possibles for that unnamed player we are chasing.

PS.
Club should fair dinkum spend June and July tweeting photos of players in shorts and t-shirts to all those Melbourne clubs. Or get all the GC people in Melbourne (Ben!!) to phone up the radio stations to ask a question, but start by reading the weather report for the GC. "Hey Tim, just noting that it is raining and 11 degrees down here while the GC is 21 degrees, sunny with light winds. By the way, should the Bombers trade the #1 pick to Gold Coast?".

It should be pointed out that Channel 7 begins its Gold Coast specific news program tonight at 5:30pm for the first time. Don't be surprised to see more stories coming out about the Suns given Channel 7's contractual obligations to the AFL.

Channel 9 is also revamping its Gold Coast program tonight with the introduction of a second (female) anchor. They are going head-to-head in the 5:30pm time slot and Channel 9 has even agreed to introduce a Saturday program. Interesting times ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back