Cancelled
SFA Good Friday Appeal Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 17, 2015
Wimmera
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boro
Have to say the social media on Twitter for tonight has been terrible. Is anyone talking about it on here apart from this ^ does anyone care

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
An interesting top 10 outside of 1st. Jack Martin 3rd!? Suprised Touk finished 7th, left his run too late.

Also,
Most Improved - Peter Wright
Most Professional - Daniel Currie
Players Player - Jarrad Harbrow

Pretty good night for Harbs.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
An interesting top 10 outside of 1st. Jack Martin 3rd!? Suprised Touk finished 7th, left his run too late.

Also,
Most Improved - Peter Wright
Most Professional - Daniel Currie
Players Player - Jarrad Harbrow

Pretty good night for Harbs.

Most professional- Currie <--- bit of a worry a bloke who walks into the club 12months ago wins this award.

Shows how unprofessional The Suns really are

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Most professional- Currie <--- bit of a worry a bloke who walks into the club 12months ago wins this award.

And he was injured what 4 separate times. Hope is professionalism doesn't drop he will never play O'mera Mark 2.
BTW Hartlett from Port is being linked to us in Prestia deal what do you guys think. Will be 27 in August next year.

Last edited:

Krozza

All Australian
Dec 11, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys!!
A

And he was injured what 4 separate times. Hope is professionalism doesn't drop he will never play O'mera Mark 2.
BTW Hartlett from Port is being linked to us in Prestia deal what do you guys think. Will be 27 in August next year.

HH has been so underwhelming. SHOULD be a superstar. Hammy's are his curse so it seems. Missed a load of games, but was signed on a 5 year in 2015. So, being shopped with 4 years left means either PORT know something we don't or they think they're mid stocks are fine....I'm thinking we need to be really cautious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
HH has been so underwhelming. SHOULD be a superstar. Hammy's are his curse so it seems. Missed a load of games, but was signed on a 5 year in 2015. So, being shopped with 4 years left means either PORT know something we don't or they think they're mid stocks are fine....I'm thinking we need to be really cautious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Played 22 games in 2015 Averaged 22 disposals at 73%. 15 games in 2016 Averaged 18 disposals at 72 %. That's 15 more games than Dion has played over that period and about 10% increase in disposal effectiveness.
Isn't there some personal issue at Port? I read it on the main forum could be just rumours.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Callum can surely pick 'em...................

14141541_10153880740135509_3324432397199836791_n.jpg

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Geez you're sounded jaded Ben... you just seem to trash this club every post.. so what if Curry won most professional. . Maybe its part of the reason we got him here.. maybe he knows he is on his last chance and is doing everything he can to make the most of it.. it doesn't have to mean all are other guys aren't professional. ..
Good work from the big fella, he showed a bit last season, I think he will be a rippa... and lets hope he is because your favourite whipping boy Tom Nicholls keeps intentionally doing PCL's

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Geez you're sounded jaded Ben... you just seem to trash this club every post.. so what if Curry won most professional. . Maybe its part of the reason we got him here.. maybe he knows he is on his last chance and is doing everything he can to make the most of it.. it doesn't have to mean all are other guys aren't professional. ..
Good work from the big fella, he showed a bit last season, I think he will be a rippa... and lets hope he is because your favourite whipping boy Tom Nicholls keeps intentionally doing PCL's

You got me pretty spot on there:D

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers

Nah being negative about the club is my job, doesn't pay well, ******* club

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I didn't even know Blight was still at the club.
Blight was there at the B and F last night, heard he blocked Hinkley taking over from Bluey after two years due to fears of instability, would have been interesting if that had have happened

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
BTW did anyone attend, I usually do and give updates throughout the night, but I didn't see anything posting last night or hear any gossip
I went - was a good night, got the feeling that Currie could really hit some form next year, should have heard the coach talk about his prep, character and work ethic. After mixing with the boys a bit after the Port game and then last night I really get the sense they are a team now and well bonded, very good guys and pretty humble I reckon. I cant help but feel positive about next year believe it or not, I say again David Swallow is fully onboard too.
These new facilities are going to make a big difference in luring new players make no mistake. Also last night all the players who got awards gave Cordy and his staff massive wraps, its really paying off with the players who stayed on the park (of course it's not with the ones who couldn't)

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
who is saying he is linked to us?

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I was told yesterday there are some discussions between Club Chairmans about GAZ sniffing around to move clubs. I personally don't think it will happen but it shocked me as it was from a Club Chairman and it wasn't ours. He, like Swallow, around the playing group and inner sanctum looks happy, fully committed and vested in staying. I think he would play better footy not being captain and he has carried the team for a long time until his injury so I say he has paid his dues, Lynchy and May are frothing to go to the next level and they bring an edge, a hunger and an intensity we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back