Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more i think about this the more disappointed in Gary I am, assuming his contract was front loaded he may well of already pocketed 50% or more of the total contract value having only served 33% of the contract length.

He needs to grow a set and have his wife put in a bigger effort. If she doesn't get recognised in GC and get the free hair cuts etc she got in Geelong he can afford to fly her down and back. And the reason he can afford that is the GC Suns

That article is concerning on so many levels. I have always been a supporter of Ablett but that attitude stinks and to have a captain say it is completely unacceptable.

"If he is injury free, plays well and the team does well he may stay". In other words I only want to stay if we are any good, if not I will use the homesick line and ditch a sinking ship. Imagine if all us supporters did that and jumped ship just because the team wasn't going well. Who would pay his contract!!

If he is homesick that's fine but don't sign a three year deal and don't then say if the team does well he may sign on. Your either homesick or your not.

It takes a long time to build respect and a very short time to lose it. Ablett has lost mine and has a lot of work to do to get it back!!

This is perfect. March him out publicly and relinquish the captaincy for Tom Lynch. He needs to earn respect back. But id say he will be gone next year in the trade period. If he gets injured he should retire

I think your on the money here. If he seriously re-injures his shoulder next season, I think he will retire immediately.

Part of the reason he thought it was worth a shot trying to return to the Cats for a final hoorah.

That article is concerning on so many levels. I have always been a supporter of Ablett but that attitude stinks and to have a captain say it is completely unacceptable.

"If he is injury free, plays well and the team does well he may stay". In other words I only want to stay if we are any good, if not I will use the homesick line and ditch a sinking ship. Imagine if all us supporters did that and jumped ship just because the team wasn't going well. Who would pay his contract!!

If he is homesick that's fine but don't sign a three year deal and don't then say if the team does well he may sign on. Your either homesick or your not.

It takes a long time to build respect and a very short time to lose it. Ablett has lost mine and has a lot of work to do to get it back!!
Spot on buddy l would piss him off immediately if we got a decent trade for him .
And l would make sure he collected his testicles from the clothes line as well of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think GC should have let him walk.

Truth be told, maybe then the club might actually deliver with him gone. The fact that without him they've only won 5 games out of 36 is alarming (they've won 29 out of 96 with him).. The other alarming thing is, will the sponsors and corporates stick by the club if there most marketable player is gone or will they just close there deals with the club?

With Ablett out of the picture, it might allow GC a chance to push for the future without having to rely on Ablett. And maybe him gone would be a blessing to the club.

The more i think about this the more disappointed in Gary I am, assuming his contract was front loaded he may well of already pocketed 50% or more of the total contract value having only served 33% of the contract length.

He needs to grow a set and have his wife put in a bigger effort. If she doesn't get recognised in GC and get the free hair cuts etc she got in Geelong he can afford to fly her down and back. And the reason he can afford that is the GC Suns

I think Yoko needs to work out an arrangement that suits her and allows Gazza to fulfill his lucrative contract his moral duties to the Suns. She doesn't need to be here 24/7 to make this work.

Need to make sure when we draft kids from interstate we make sure they are their own man or not metro-sexual latte sippers yearning for the spotlight of Melbourne.

I think GC should have let him walk.

Truth be told, maybe then the club might actually deliver with him gone. The fact that without him they've only won 5 games out of 36 is alarming (they've won 29 out of 96 with him).. The other alarming thing is, will the sponsors and corporates stick by the club if there most marketable player is gone or will they just close there deals with the club?

With Ablett out of the picture, it might allow GC a chance to push for the future without having to rely on Ablett. And maybe him gone would be a blessing to the club.

Let the best player and captain walk for nothing when we have just lost our 2 gun mids? His sense of timing and his moral compass is off to say the least.

I get what your saying about taking the training wheels off but the club can't afford to let players walk in contract. It is hard enough to sign the blokes up let alone setting a precedent that contracts are a one-way street.

I think Yoko needs to work out an arrangement that suits her and allows Gazza to fulfill his lucrative contract his moral duties to the Suns. She doesn't need to be here 24/7 to make this work.

Need to make sure when we draft kids from interstate we make sure they are their own man or not metro-sexual latte sippers yearning for the spotlight of Melbourne.
We need a thread with a list of all players and where there girlfriends are from.

Good! Sorta, I mean sponsored by FCA and they stick us with friggen Fiat? Missed the boat on free Dodge Chargers for all the boys.

Who to replace Fiat though? Most of the good car markers are signed to other teams.

Let's get in early for the first ever home and away game in India!

THMNI_TATA_MOTORS_5_658626f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back