Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Sounded like the reporter (think it was sam landsberger) had no news to break so just made up a story because he said Ben kings manager robbie d'orazio (also scrimshaw manager) had a habit of re-signing his players that go to the Gold Coast for a further 2 years
Well Scrimshaw did sign on for an extra couple of years.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
That’s what I was alluding to that it really means nothing if we sign king up for another 2 year because contracts mean very little in afl now days
You're right. It doesn't mean a real lot. It does remove a bit of the pressure associated with players coming out of contract, but it doesn't guarantee he'll stay. How awesome was it to hear Fiorini yesterday say he loves the club? That's the sort of thing we want to hear.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Oh dear, one player we can't afford to lose.

Gold Coast fears key defender Rory Thompson may have suffered a serious knee injury
Andrew Hamilton, The Courier-Mail
March 8, 2019 5:48pm

Gold Coast face an anxious wait on the results of scans on key defender Rory Thompson who sent a ripple of fear through the club after injuring his knee at training on Friday.

The foundation player pulled up lame early in the session and was sent for immediate scans on his knee.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...40UrEDiu078LUE9u1MoNuEnmUX4UfVYweQ0x3jHUOnhiA

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes, plenty of depth but none of Thompson ability to guard best forwards one on one. I would be interested to know fans order of Suns most important players. For me it was Thompson, then Witts, Wright, Swallow.
Yep I’d have it in the same order

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Plenty of depth. Collins, hombsch, king, day, burgess, graham,
Not ideal but not the worst news.
I back it - won’t get anywhere as a team if every time a player gets injured our season is in the bin.

Big Loss but time to test that depth we need to be a serious contender

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Massive loss re: Rory
I would have him as our second most important player, only behind Witts.

If Thompson out for a period of time then my 3 tall defenders are Collins, Hombsch and Ballard. Don't think Sam Day makes his way into the team based on this.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Massive loss re: Rory
I would have him as our second most important player, only behind Witts.

If Thompson out for a period of time then my 3 tall defenders are Collins, Hombsch and Ballard. Don't think Sam Day makes his way into the team based on this.
As much as I love Charlie he at best is a medium sized intercepting defender. Even though he has the height he doesn’t have the strength to play as a key defender. Collins is also more a intercepting defender as well, so there is definitely a spot for Day there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back