Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I'm glad people are writing positive about us, I don't really agree with what is being said sometimes.
It just seems people are coming to the party and commenting without really knowing things.

For Roos to see people don't know whether to play a tall or a small defender on Sexton.
I mean really?
His main goal source would be snaps on the run after finding space in the forward 50
Long bombs from outside 50 after sprinting forward after turnover
Or getting on the end of a pass inside 50

Doesn't seem to mark on the lead a lot
Certainly doesn't take overhead marks - 19 Contested marks in 99 career games.

I would have thought you'd be playing a good endurance, tight, small defender on him. No idea who would be planning to play a tall on him.
Taylor Duryea from the Bulldogs
Even Ed Richards in a defence role? - I know he has been playing more on the wing but played down back a bit last year and has the athletic abilities to cover Sexton well I think.
Yeah strange comment from Roos. Obviously a small / medium defenders role.

Whilst I'm glad people are writing positive about us, I don't really agree with what is being said sometimes.
It just seems people are coming to the party and commenting without really knowing things.

For Roos to see people don't know whether to play a tall or a small defender on Sexton.
I mean really?
His main goal source would be snaps on the run after finding space in the forward 50
Long bombs from outside 50 after sprinting forward after turnover
Or getting on the end of a pass inside 50

Doesn't seem to mark on the lead a lot
Certainly doesn't take overhead marks - 19 Contested marks in 99 career games.

I would have thought you'd be playing a good endurance, tight, small defender on him. No idea who would be planning to play a tall on him.
Taylor Duryea from the Bulldogs
Even Ed Richards in a defence role? - I know he has been playing more on the wing but played down back a bit last year and has the athletic abilities to cover Sexton well I think.
I think Roos may have been trying to get across the point that Secco is pretty quick for his height (6'2 but looks as quick as Harbrow) and therefore doesn't have an obvious match up in the traditional sense ala Stewart Crameri about five years ago when he was with Essendon. But you're right, Sexton's not really known for his marking and certainly likes to play on whenever the circumstance permits. A traditional medium defender around Sexton's height is likely to struggle big time in keeping up with him all over the ground but I think opposition coaches would be hesitant to place a quick small on him because they would probably think it won't end well. Whether that's actually the case is yet to be determined this year but I just think opposition coaches haven't figured out an effective way to shut him down at this point. He's leading the Coleman Medal for a reason, people!

Let's see how the Dogs choose to defend him this weekend.

Sliding Doors

IF - Alex Sexton played for a Victorian club ...

THEN - he'd be verging on star status. Made his debut back in 2012, but has been very, very good for three seasons and is a key to this latest Suns revamp.

Sliding Doors

IF - Alex Sexton played for a Victorian club ...

THEN - he'd be verging on star status. Made his debut back in 2012, but has been very, very good for three seasons and is a key to this latest Suns revamp.
Fake news.

He's already a star and the Victorians just don't realise it yet.

Fake news.

He's already a star and the Victorians just don't realise it yet.
Was meant to be a positive comment towards the club, but just shows how s**t the quality of journalism in the AFL is. A national competition yet someone who's been as good as Sexton won't get the right amount of recognition or exposure because he isn't from the right state. AFL media is a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That comment at the end of the article about a journo asking Gillon whether he was going to attend ore games at Metricon was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back