Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

People always mistaken turnover in opposition half to turnover in your own half or dangerous position .

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-30/stats-files-is-new-bomber-the-afls-turnover-king

Interesting that we are performing better than more than half of the AFL with conceding.

We are conceding on average 46 points a game from turnovers when the AFL average is 48.8.

Maybe our turnovers aren't as bad as we think. Or maybe our defence has been doing a great job of defending this.

It would be a great statistic if we weren't the lowest scoring AFL team by some margin;)
I started a thread in 2011 called "How can we kick a winning score?"
Sadly I get to trot it out every season
If you can't kick a goals you have to be the best at preventing scoring turnovers- not middling
We kick 65 points a game on average
If you're conceding 46 points from turnovers you're already in deep s**t because the opposition only has to find another 20 to beat us

Is there anywhere that I can watch the full press conferences from the club? I’ve noticed this week the club app is only showing cropped versions with some voice over from someone at the club. Benny Ainsworths and Dews from today both aren’t available in full

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s been like that for a couple of weeks now I’m not a fan of it

Any player that ever wants to leave us to be a part of the fame involved with AFL in Melbourne, should have a read of all the stuff going on with Steven May at the moment for something as minimal as having a few pints on the weekend. May cause a few to rethink their move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any player that ever wants to leave us to be a part of the fame involved with AFL in Melbourne, should have a read of all the stuff going on with Steven May at the moment for something as minimal as having a few pints on the weekend. May cause a few to rethink their move.
Hopefully Jack Martin is taking notes. We know he's had a history with the booze himself so purposely putting yourself under the microscope in Melbourne might not be the smartest career decision for young Jack.

Knew they’d try blame it on us

Jordan Lewis on AFL 360 about May getting caught drinking:

“For me, he was honest when he got up in front of the group and people may sit there and say, he may have done it in the past at Gold Coast — I don’t know too much about his history there.
“But certainly coming to our club and he’s got up in front of the group today, we wouldn’t expect him to be in that position again. If he is in that position again, then you start to question whether he is serious about it.”

It’s not Mays fault that he’s used to getting away with it on the coast

Last edited:

Jordan Lewis on news.com.au about May getting caught drinking:

“For me, he was honest when he got up in front of the group and people may sit there and say, he may have done it in the past at Gold Coast — I don’t know too much about his history there.
“But certainly coming to our club and he’s got up in front of the group today, we wouldn’t expect him to be in that position again. If he is in that position again, then you start to question whether he is serious about it.”

That’s a quote from him on AFL360

Jordan Lewis on AFL 360 about May getting caught drinking:

Is Lewis saying May used the Gold Coast past as an excuse to the group or what he thinks others are saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back