Suns in the Media - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There is gonna be a part 2 on that article coming out friday.

It was a fantastic read.
Loved this quote:

"Before I came people would say 'You don't want to go there' but as soon as I got here I've loved it," he said. "Everyone thought it'd be a bit scary to move and being away from home. But I was happy coming here and starting with a fresh club to help them get better."

He seems like the sort of guy who genuinely isn't too phased with the move up and seems to be relishing it. Also found it interesting that Lemmens girlfriend is his cousin. Must have made settling in a bit easier.

Loved this quote:

"Before I came people would say 'You don't want to go there' but as soon as I got here I've loved it," he said. "Everyone thought it'd be a bit scary to move and being away from home. But I was happy coming here and starting with a fresh club to help them get better."

He seems like the sort of guy who genuinely isn't too phased with the move up and seems to be relishing it. Also found it interesting that Lemmens girlfriend is his cousin. Must have made settling in a bit easier.
Yeah. His cousin must live up there with Sean dating her. Yeah, he isn't going anywhere. He also said he wanted to help the club get better on draft night.
All three of those top draftees basically went from "I didn't know what to expect" to "I love it here."

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lemmens

The rehabilitation was really individualised. They look at your GPS and the higher games you have played along with the running patterns you do and then try and emulate that at training. Mine involved a lot of repeat speed efforts, a lot of high intensity running efforts.

He (Dew) is a coach who coaches you on your strengths and encourages you to bring them to the team because that is what will benefit everyone.
My speed, my attack on the footy and pressure is something he said he needs and so it’s something I’ll try and bring.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...QeY4KMbRb48qWTPP3aUn8nviTc5DjfVc7d5iMhEaiWF5M

Last edited:

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

05FE35E8-EDC7-410F-B70B-00042C255200.jpeg

So if that highlighted quotes part is true Dew must really just hate Brodie, because he just won’t let Brodie play to his strengths or even give him the chance

SaadyArmy

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
View attachment 670867
So if that highlighted quotes part is true Dew must really just hate Brodie, because he just won’t let Brodie play to his strengths or even give him the chance

Here is Malceski's review of Brodie's last NEAFL game

Will Brodie: Will started the game well, was clean in the contest and got us going forward early. Of his 30 touches, he had 16 contested which we were happy with and four tackles. His transition was good at times but is an area we will continue to grow with him so he becomes consistent throughout the game.

For some reason Will also looks slower than last year. Also I would like to see a bit more urgency, desperation in his game like Corbett, ... showed in 2nd half against Eagles.

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2019-05-08/neafl-coaches-comments-round-5

Last edited:

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
RE Brodie-I have total faith in our Coach.
This bloke is special unlike McKenna who brought his disgusting West Coast Eagles turn a blind eye to illicit drugs culture which has destroyed lives and families over there and that woeful excuse Superannuation Top Up Eade who admitted that he didn’t have his heart in it.

Remember when I used to say that and the usuals would pile in on me about it??

Always listen to Mr Bods and I’m convinced Dew is the one. So I back whatever Is Dew’s reasons for not selecting Brodie.

Listen to the boss Brodie and deliver what he wants or wet your bed and be another Campaigner we are glad that’s not here breathing our beautiful oxygen. It’s your choice.

We win regardless.
Go Suns. Go Dew.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I don’t think Dew hates Brodie. I see he’s still in the emergencies so he is there abouts in the pecking order.

The coaching staff seem to still be of the opinion that his run and spread both offensively and defensively is not as consistent as it needs to be and could be. And while he is a contested animal this might not give him enough of an edge over Touk, Miles,Swallow, etc. to make up for his deficiencies. It does sound like he’s improving in that area and once he does then look out.
If he keeps his NEAFL form up and doing what the coaches are asking him then the games will come.

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sick of Brodie , need to offload him like Lyons. More lemmens.
We got enough Lemons already! We must get bigger and tougher or we'll be steamrolled every time by the better teams. Demons game today will be a big test of that level of inner grunt we have. Would have preferred Brodie to Lemmens and even thought King or Day would have been interesting up forward - more height etc. Match review afterwards I guess will see what worked and what didn't.

SaadyArmy

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We got enough Lemons already! We must get bigger and tougher or we'll be steamrolled every time by the better teams. Demons game today will be a big test of that level of inner grunt we have. Would have preferred Brodie to Lemmens and even thought King or Day would have been interesting up forward - more height etc. Match review afterwards I guess will see what worked and what didn't.

No matter how big we get, lemmens still goes harder than a lot of guys on our team

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
However, you definatly harm your earning potential. Surely, you want to be the best you can be and get the true worth out of your talents.
The deals are done well in advance we all knew about O’Cockface and Uncle Tom months in advance, why do you think Scrimsook was disinterested in team meetings.

I expect Brodie to nominate Carlton and we will get SFA for him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back