Suns in the Media - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I might need more info on this lol

Batman (21 January 1801 – 6 May 1839) was an Australian grazier, entrepreneur and explorer. He settled in the north-east of the Van Diemen's Land Colony in the 1820s, and later as a leading member of the Port Phillip Association he led an expedition which explored the Port Phillip Bay area on the Australian mainland with a view to establishing a new settlement there. He is best known for his role in the founding of the settlement on the Yarra River which became the city of Melbourne, eventual capital of the new Colony of Victoria, and one of Australia's largest and most important cities.

;););););)

Batman (21 January 1801 – 6 May 1839) was an Australian grazier, entrepreneur and explorer. He settled in the north-east of the Van Diemen's Land Colony in the 1820s, and later as a leading member of the Port Phillip Association he led an expedition which explored the Port Phillip Bay area on the Australian mainland with a view to establishing a new settlement there. He is best known for his role in the founding of the settlement on the Yarra River which became the city of Melbourne, eventual capital of the new Colony of Victoria, and one of Australia's largest and most important cities.

;););););)

Batman is a common theme here in melbourne. From the suburb, to batman park in the city. You may be onto something in regards to the super hero them! haha.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Batman is a common theme here in melbourne. From the suburb, to batman park in the city. You may be onto something in regards to the super hero them! haha.

As a kid I used to live in Fawkner and would get excited travelling past Batman station on the upfield train line

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As much as he did well in his early life, unfortunately he was on a downward spiral in later life. I won't go into it here, as it's not the forum for it, but this poem tells some of his pain...

Monody on Batman's Hill

There is a solemn music on the breeze,
So sadly sighing over Batman's Hill;
There is a desolate language from the trees
Upon its mount, whose plaintive murmurs thrill.

Hush, they have ceased, but thro' the tendrils green,
A hollow moaning voice, the sound prolongs—
'Tis Batman's spirit hovering o'er the scene.
Weeps o'er his own and his children's wrongs.

– Anonymous, The Gazette, 1843

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A great article and this is the quote I liked........."If you've got an ill-informed view and listen to comments made based on the past…we can't help that," he said.

Which is so true of the majority of VIC based media.

Twomey, at least, came up, stayed, got involved, took it all in, and reported it as it is. Hats off to him!:thumbsu:

You just get the feeling that although things aren’t where we want them to be right now, with the plans and actions Dewey and co. have in place and continue to work on, when things start to turn, they are going to turn quickly :thumbsu:

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back