Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Probably rather that than Mick Malthouse who loves direct confrontation.
Or Eade ranting incoherently at the wall

0DDE5EF3-3B29-4153-B5DF-A95569833689.jpeg

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I was waiting for one of you two guys to say that.
It never get old.

You can believe whatever you want, but when you have someone with the credibility of eppo67 backing you up and you still have the audacity to questions us you don’t deserve our time.

Instead of accusing me of making s*** up go and talk to people at the club yourself.
Go to a Southport sharks game on the weekend and talk to some of our old coaches.
I don't know Second Coming but I can 100% back up exactly what he says is true regarding Stewie's weakness I think he was always the right choice for us, still is, but eppo and second coming are highlighting one weakness he has that he needs to work on to be even better. The point here is he will still be a great coach even if he never is able to handle conflict or players disagreeing with him but he will be EVEN better if he can work on that part of his personality and professional persona when conflict is involved

As far as Will goes the coaches BEFORE Dew arrived said he had awesome potential but was hard to coach or uncoachable in that he didn't follow the coaches direction or game plan when he first got there and it has frustrated them then and now the current panel still struggles with him versus other players who take direction easily

What I think is great is that he has chosen to fight through the knocks and publicly out himself to be accountable and find a way to cement a spot, he deserves it if he keeps playing like has did last game

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Would be better to reduce the amount of teams in Melbourne
Would you agree that North Melbourne is the ideal relocation partner for Tassie? Perhaps a 22 game schedule where they still get 11 games in Melbourne and keep assets at Arden St, but have to play 4 or 5 Interstate and 6 or 7 in Hobart, with the Hawks still playing a few games in Launceston?

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Would you agree that North Melbourne is the ideal relocation partner for Tassie? Perhaps a 22 game schedule where they still get 11 games in Melbourne and keep assets at Arden St, but have to play 4 or 5 Interstate and 6 or 7 in Hobart, with the Hawks still playing a few games in Launceston?

Tasmania needs to have a proper team playing near on all 11 games down there so I’d suggest a full relocation of the Kangas down there
BUT I still think the AFL should expand to 20 teams and bring in Tasmania and Canberra.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Tasmania needs to have a proper team playing near on all 11 games down there so I’d suggest a full relocation of the Kangas down there
BUT I still think the AFL should expand to 20 teams and bring in Tasmania and Canberra.
I take Canberra mix NT. Split into two devision.

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
18 is the magic number, Bods. Besides, the problem with Tassie is that the State is too large to share one team, so Hawks and Roos playing fortnightly footy is enough for the short term. But you also have to remember that North have a fanbase in Melbourne that need to be catered for or you just end up with another Fitzroy where fans just stop going to the footy. Tasmania cannot handle 11 games a year in one city and North fans need to be able to attend home and away matches in Melbourne or the club won't agree to go, just as they said they wouldn't come to the Gold Coast. The club doesn't belong to the AFL, it is just financially backed by it.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What I think is great is that he has chosen to fight through the knocks and publicly out himself to be accountable and find a way to cement a spot, he deserves it if he keeps playing like has did last game
FWIW, Dew was asked about Brodie during the last 2 post game pressers and in both cases Dew praised him. I would say even more after Saints game.

Also maybe people missed it but in one of Brodie's quotes he wants to prove they he belongs not only to coaches but also teammates. For sure, it looks like players had a word with him and he learned from that.

I can only imagine how it would go down in my workplace when committee tells a teenager to stick to the plan, role an he does it his own way.

Still 9 games to go but after 2 games so far so good but I did notice some jogging from Brodie against Saints when the ball was close by. It would be great if he sticks around and turns into our Kennedy.

“I just need to get some continuity at the level and prove to my teammates and coaches that I belong here so that is my goal.”

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I reckon he is going to make it and if he learns how to impose his size he will be a tough bastard...……….he hasn't taken the Scrimshaw route of saying the club didn't develop him or overlooked him and go to a Melbourne club on more dough and run away from his deficiencies, he has taken the feedback and the NEAFL games on the chin which I think makes him very deserved and shows real character..... you would think his manager would be nudging him saying I can get more games and more money elsewhere so credit to Wil

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Territory Rovers, playing in Darwin, Alice Springs and Canberra 4 games each, with ACT and NT as recruitment zones.
I'm into two devision, with relegation. Is time AFL have a team with undrafted players in division 2. No promotion to division one something like AFL academy but for undrafted players like Riordan and Sam fletcher,Duckley, Nutting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Nutting isn't undrafted. He was pick #55 in 2017.

The idea from the article I shared from the AFL Commission Meeting is for an AFL Reserves comp that doesn't include SANFL or WAFL. This could have an underlying division for clubs to go up and down through relegation. With only 14 AFL clubs participating and 18 being the magic number, you could relegate the lowest 2 non-AFL sides and have a competition made up of clubs from Queensland, NSW, ACT, NT, Tasmania and the 5 non-AFL aligned VFL sides - kind of a NEAFL level competition for undrafted players and safety net for the traditional tier two clubs to be protected from the AFL Reserves comp decimating them. Clubs like Southport and Port Melbourne with long histories of success would want to face AFL Reserves each week, but to make it fair they'd need to be relegated after a poor season and the rest of the teams would need to have the carrot of promotion for the Grand Finalists. It would be a step up for NT and Tassie, give QAFL teams a chance to compete in a higher comp with interstate teams and bring funding to the local clubs through broadcast interest, as the SANFL and WAFL have created. You would have 18 clubs in 3 divisions, Vic/Tas, NSW/ACT, QLD/NT, who play home and away in their division, then play every team at least once, same as the AFL except keeping the divisions permanent in order to minimise travel and maximise local exposure.
Sorry Nutting actually Cumming Twins from NT my mistake. I think the better one like koenan get invite for combine but did not get pick up.

Last edited:

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sorry Nutting( or some famous name) Twins from NT not GCS. I think the better one like koenan get invite for combine but did not get pick up.
You are talking about the Cumming twins, who played with Fletcher and Riordan at Dandenong in the TAC Cup Premiership, then went undrafted and transferred to NT Thunder.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
You are talking about the Cumming twins, who played with Fletcher and Riordan at Dandenong in the TAC Cup Premiership, then went undrafted and transferred to NT Thunder.
Sorry for the confusion yes is them. One can ruck the other a swing men, sadly can't use rookie B on them. I won't suggest rookie A on them more like project players.

Last edited:

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
was in Melbourne today listening to SEN, KB and The Doc and they had a poll between North, Carlton, St Kilda and us who is most likely to win a premiership next out of the four. KB and Doc were stunned as the sample size was 700 votes and Carlton got 50% and we got 20% odd in second place. I rang them up, got on and asked them why Victorians would vote us ahead of the other two clubs and they said because of the brand of footy we were now playing under Dew, gave him a big wrap, also that the Suns had earned a lot of respect this year the way they were playing amongst Victorians. I asked them about how they enjoyed watching footy at Metricon and the boys gave it a big tick also

Last edited:

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
was in Melbourne today listening to SEN, KB and The Doc and they had a poll between North, Carlton, St Kilda and us who is most likely to win a premiership next out of the four. KB and Doc were stunned as the sample size was 700 votes and Carlton got 50% and we got 20% odd in second place. i rang them up and got on and asked them why Victorians would vote us ahead of the other two clubs and they said because of the brand of footy we were now playing under Dew, gave him a big wrap, also that the Suns had earned a lot of respect this year the way they were playing amongst Victorians. I asked them about how they enjoyed watching footy at Metricon and the boys gave it a big tick also

Thanks for flying the flag Thurls.

was in Melbourne today listening to SEN, KB and The Doc and they had a poll between North, Carlton, St Kilda and us who is most likely to win a premiership next out of the four. KB and Doc were stunned as the sample size was 700 votes and Carlton got 50% and we got 20% odd in second place. i rang them up and got on and asked them why Victorians would vote us ahead of the other two clubs and they said because of the brand of footy we were now playing under Dew, gave him a big wrap, also that the Suns had earned a lot of respect this year the way they were playing amongst Victorians. I asked them about how they enjoyed watching footy at Metricon and the boys gave it a big tick also

That's also my opinion living in Melbourne. I've seen a view shift toward the suns with the media and people, different than it was last year. People are impressed.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I hope he's right. I watched Alex a couple of times and I liked him too (17 years old, 189 cm midfielder). He will play in NEAFL on Sat.

Broadbeach Cats QAFL coach says Gold Coast Suns have their next Jack Bowes in academy talent Alex Davies

He is a bit taller and bigger, probably not quite the Rolls-Royce above his head like Bowesy is, but boy oh boy they have a player.
I think he is the type who could play as an inside mid or — because he has such an elite engine — he could play on the outside as well or on the wing where he could run up and down all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back