Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
There is not many that want to come anywhere, who you had in mind. I don't mind the negative but who is really out there that want to come. Please don't suggest nathan/zak Jones from sydney/Melbourne both disposal are bad in well structure team.
Name me out of 17 other club which are not well structure but got good players that are willing to come. I am happy to agree to your suggestion.
Adelaide?
Carlton?
Essendon?
And so on.
I didn’t say I had an alternative, I was pointing out it’s a waste of money. Whether you agree or not is up to you, I am not trying to persuade you

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There is not many that want to come anywhere, who you had in mind. I don't mind the negative but who is really out there that want to come. Please don't suggest nathan/zak Jones from sydney/Melbourne both disposal are bad in well structure team.
Name me out of 17 other club which are not well structure but got good players that are willing to come. I am happy to agree to your suggestion.
Adelaide?
Carlton?
Essendon?
And so on.
I would take Zak Jones (Zach) in a New York minute, not keen on his brother so much but maybe Nathan is disgruntled at Melbourne hence the dip in form and bad culture they seem to have right now...….he hasn't looked a shadow of his former self this year though
Greenwood from Crows and Zak Jones would be nice around the stoppages

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Brayden Fiorini our only <22 names in the best 22 under 22 squad.
Make sure you go and vote for him. Honestly - he's right in the mix for a midfield spot. Behind Oliver, Mccluggage, Taranto, Dunkley... but right there amongst the next lot. I did my team honestly and slotted him in on the wing.

https://secure.22under22.com.au/entry.aspx

Defenders: Wayne Milera (Adelaide), Harris Andrews (Brisbane Lions), Alex Witherden (Brisbane Lions), Jacob Weitering (Carlton), Sam Taylor (GWS Giants), Blake Hardwick (Hawthorn), Bayley Fritsch (Melbourne), Dan Houston (Port Adelaide), Sydney Stack (Richmond), Jordan Dawson (Sydney Swans), Callum Mills (Sydney Swans)

Midfielders: Jarrod Berry (Brisbane Lions), Hugh McCluggage (Brisbane Lions), Zac Fisher (Carlton), Sam Petrevski-Seton (Carlton), Sam Walsh (Carlton), Andrew McGrath (Essendon), Darcy Parish (Essendon), Darcy Tucker (Fremantle), Jordan Clark (Geelong), Brayden Fiorini (Gold Coast Suns), Jacob Hopper (GWS Giants), Tim Taranto (GWS Giants), James Worpel (Hawthorn), Clayton Oliver (Melbourne), Oliver Florent (Sydney Swans), Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs), Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)

Forwards: Eric Hipwood (Brisbane Lions), Harry McKay (Carlton) *, Gryan Miers (Geelong), Brent Daniels (GWS Giants), Jy Simpkin (North Melbourne), Cameron Zurhaar (North Melbourne), Connor Rozee (Port Adelaide), Shai Bolton (Richmond), Jade Gresham (St Kilda), Liam Ryan (West Coast Eagles), Aaron Naughton (Western Bulldogs)

Rucks: Tim English (Western Bulldogs), Harry McKay (Carlton) *

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
We should be hoping for Ballard / Rankine / King / Luko / Brodie to get nominated for the squad next year.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I would take Zak Jones (Zach) in a New York minute, not keen on his brother so much but maybe Nathan is disgruntled at Melbourne hence the dip in form and bad culture they seem to have right now...….he hasn't looked a shadow of his former self this year though
Greenwood from Crows and Zak Jones would be nice around the stoppages
I settle for Greenwood and Shaun Burgoyne . I am big Brodie critic but I saw enough that he will step out next year, so don't really need zak Jones.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I don't understand why Luko isn't in that squad.

I assume the requirements are that you have to play majority games this season. Which he has.
Well it's a top 40 players <22 squad.
And Lukosius has not been better than any of those listed.

There would be a few others in the queue ahead of him swell.
You would have to say Ballard, Redman, Josh Battle, maybe Aaron Francis thinking of a few of the top of my ahead had better years.

His last month show that'll hell be in the mix for this next year.
Walsh, Bailey Smith, Rozee, Clark (shouldn't have got nominated) the only first years picked - all smalls / mid sizers

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Cochrane with Barrett on the AFL site

Favorite tony quote so far “with the greatest respect you’re talking sh*t!”

In this edition of In The Game, Damian Barrett speaks to Gold Coast chairman Tony Cochrane
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-08/listen-jagger-sinatra-and-gold-coasts-untold-success-story
I really liked the part where Cochrane said the significant factor in Rupert Murdoch/News Corp (operators of Foxtel) signing the $2.5 million broadcast rights deal with the AFL in 2015 was the growth of Australian rules football in New South Wales and Queensland. It's really something you can't argue against in terms of keeping us in the competition. Could you imagine how the broadcasters would feel if they lost half their exposure in the third largest market of Australia which is South East Queensland for the considerably smaller market which is Tasmania? It would not go down well!

I didn't like hearing that Jaeger O'Meara looked Cochrane in the eye and said he was staying. Poor form.

SRH17

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Guys
Loved the way your chairman took it to Barrett on his latest podcast. Barrett is the most ill informed going around.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Worth listening to this week's sacked podcast with Robert Walls. His experience at the bears was really interesting. Too many players there just for a retirement fund so they cut massive amounts of players. Shaun Hart was almost cut only stayed on because of his work ethic and went on to play 300 games and win a norm smith. Similar situation we're in now i feel and the way everything came together in 2001 made those decisions crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back