Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I loved tony Cochranes thing with Barrett.
The stuff about old players leaving I didn’t like.
Why he didn’t bother to ask why they were leaving.. think this would be a pretty good place to start to rectify the situation.
I am glad he’s loud and proud about us being in the competition long term.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why he didn’t bother to ask why they were leaving.. think this would be a pretty good place to start to rectify the situation.

I think it’s fairly well known the reasons each of them left, once they decided to go. That they lied to his face and told him they were staying (O’Cockface definitely but he intimates there were others), shows the character of each, and probably explains why he didn’t bother or push to ask them.

We should be very grateful for Mr Cochrane he's an excellent bloke.,very switched on operator and will stand up for the Gold Coast no matter what. We honestly could not wish for a better President.

We should be very grateful for Mr Cochrane he's an excellent bloke.,very switched on operator and will stand up for the Gold Coast no matter what. We honestly could not wish for a better President.

Yeay h im happy he takes s stand for us.
Don’t love everything about tony though

You don't have to and no one is asking you to. All he has to be is a good President for the GC Suns and he's that in spades.
Exactly. Love him or hate him, He fights for our club every day on a National stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns footy manager Jon Haines says Jack Martin’s axing from AFL team will have no implications on his contract discussions

Pretty accurate assessment from coaches and leadership group
The feedback from both the coaches and leadership group has been around his competitive intent and being consistent with that.
That’s his engagement in the game. From contest-to-contest.
His concentration levels, intensity levels, levels of interest and body language.
All those things that signal if a player is in the game. We know when Jack Martin is at his best he is delivering on all those behaviours and you can physically see it.

Mark Robinson in the Herald Sun believes we should 'strongly consider' giving up our 2nd Rd pick (which we don't have) for Ben Keays, Bastinac, Lewis Taylor, Rhys Mathieson and Jacob Allison.

Mark Robinson in the Herald Sun believes we should 'strongly consider' giving up our 2nd Rd pick (which we don't have) for Ben Keays, Bastinac, Lewis Taylor, Rhys Mathieson and Jacob Allison.
Bastinac and Allison are almost certainly getting delisted. Keays is a possibility to be delisted as well (though I don't want that to happen). Taylor plays a position that I think the Suns are well stocked at. Mathieson is decent enough, but I'm told you have enough inside mids, particularly once Rowell joins.

Bastinac is probably the only one of some use to the Suns, because even if he doesn't make the senior team, he's a good clubman who can lift the NEAFL sides standards. Body isn't shot yet and you can probably get him in the rookie draft.

Which of the mature recruits we've brought in over the past 5 years have been worth the effort?
Each and every one of those guys Robinson mentioned is damaged goods
We have a million of them
We need players who can lift the group, not players who need lifting

Bastinac and Allison are almost certainly getting delisted. Keays is a possibility to be delisted as well (though I don't want that to happen). Taylor plays a position that I think the Suns are well stocked at. Mathieson is decent enough, but I'm told you have enough inside mids, particularly once Rowell joins.

Bastinac is probably the only one of some use to the Suns, because even if he doesn't make the senior team, he's a good clubman who can lift the NEAFL sides standards. Body isn't shot yet and you can probably get him in the rookie draft.
Thought Allison had another year left on his contract.

Until GCS make top 8, I don't have any opinion, rise and repeat opinion just not fun anymore.

Guys I wouldn't mind that some of which had interrupted years - been injured or dropped - might make then gettable.
Think all these would make our list better I think.. Preference from top to bottom
No plans on how to get them but still.. decent targets.

Toby Mclean
Mason Redman
Jayden Short
Matt Scharenburg
Jed Anderson
Jack Graham
Matt Taberner
Rory Atkins
Jack Sinclair
Ed Vickers Willis
Jack Newnes
Alex Neal-Bullen