Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I've learnt from painful experience that Caro knows what she's talking about with player movement at least 95% of the time.
Hope she’s wrong but didn’t hear her say she’s heard he wants to leave, just that she thinks he would given how bad we’re playing...

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Hope she’s wrong but didn’t hear her say she’s heard he wants to leave, just that she thinks he would given how bad we’re playing...
I think she said she's heard he wants to leave. The last 2 matches have been miserable, but prior to that it seemed he & Luko were moving into their own place on the Coast for next year. I think she's talking through her...hat.

David Swallow speaks to his Gold Coast teammates during the round 21 QClash against Brisbane - AFL,Gold Coast Suns,David Swallow

Suns skipper would welcome a Hodge 'type' in 2020

GOLD Coast co-captain David Swallow says the battling Suns need another veteran playing presence to help steer the club in 2020.

Following the model laid out by Brisbane when it successfully recruited former Hawthorn champion Luke Hodge to help its young team, the Suns have been linked to retiring Hawk Jarryd Roughead and more recently Adelaide livewire Eddie Betts.

Although Swallow wouldn't be drawn on specific players, he said that "type" of presence would do wonders for the young Suns.

"It'd probably be very beneficial for us, I'd imagine," Swallow said.

"I'm pretty sure Dewy would be looking to do something like that. I don't know who they get in, but just to help myself and Witta (Jarrod Witts) and the other leaders with a young group would be very beneficial."

Swallow and Witts have had a rough first year in charge following the departures of 2018 captains Tom Lynch (Richmond) and Steven May (Melbourne).

The pair have been magnificent on the field – again the best two in Saturday's thumping loss to Brisbane – but have had to help pick up a club that has now lost 16 straight matches.

Swallow said the main challenge with leading when momentum was going against his team was keeping young players focused on the next contest rather than lamenting what had just been.

"It's been a challenge for us, but we'll continue to learn and continue to teach those guys, it's all we can do at the moment," he said.

Source: @ AFL.com.au

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...her-gold-coast-expansion-20190812-p52gf3.html

The last comment of this article has me fuming and seeing red "The AFL may just need to admit that their Gold Coast experiment has failed and cut its losses. I can hear Tasmania calling."

We need to collectively write this A grade tossbag a formal response to put him back in his box! Talk about kicking us while we are down - typical journo firing off their mouth and pumping out a story without knowing the facts as usual.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
https://www.watoday.com.au/national...her-gold-coast-expansion-20190812-p52gf3.html

The last comment of this article has me fuming and seeing red "The AFL may just need to admit that their Gold Coast experiment has failed and cut its losses. I can hear Tasmania calling."

We need to collectively write this A grade tossbag a formal response to put him back in his box! Talk about kicking us while we are down - typical journo firing off their mouth and pumping out a story without knowing the facts as usual.
He’s a WA Labor politician and his knowledge of the Suns you could write on a match box with a crowbar. Ill informed nonsense

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He’s a WA Labor politician and his knowledge of the Suns you could write on a match box with a crowbar. Ill informed nonsense

Open letter to Dear Toni,

Maybe you need to limit your AFL interest to a Club closer to home, rather than one on the other side of the continent. One that obviously you have absolutely no knowledge of whatsoever. In fact you might even be better off trying to keep your job as a politician, cause you sure aint going to cut it as journalist if you choose to post cr*p like that.
The one closer to home I refer to is, of course Fremantle Football Club, a Club founded in 1994 a mere 25 years ago, and who has won the magnificent total of NIL flags. Spend your time there Toni, and try and work out why they haven't fired in 25 yrs, before you throw mud at one in a Non-AFL state that has only been there 9 years.
Fremantle, the 2nd team in an AFL madcrazy state, but one that just cant seem to get to the big dance......Hmmmm!

I hear Heard Island calling......

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What retention issues mainstream VIC media?
:think:

Source: @ Gold Coast SUNS Website Re-signings reinforcing club culture says Dew

SUNS Senior Coach Stuart Dew says the re-signings of four young SUNS on Wednesday night is an endorsement to the culture the club is building.
Darcy Macpherson, Will Brodie, Caleb Graham and Jez McLennan all put pen to paper, signing on until the end of 2022.

Dew said it was pleasing to see the young players join a long list of SUNS to have re-signed this year.

“I think that’s 14 players now (who have re-signed this year),” Dew said.

“I think that’s a fair indication of the environment we’ve created and the players are seeing that.

“I think the players are starting to buy in.

“To sign up 14 players across this year is a credit to Craig Cameron our list manager and all our staff for the work they do.

“Everyone should feel good that four other young men have seen a really strong future at the footy club.”

Dew said that while it was important to get things right off the field, the players also had to see a future where they could play career-best football with the SUNS.

“The players clearly see a pathway for them to get the best out of their football and also (be a part of) the tight-knit group that we’re building here,” Dew said.

“We look forward to making them the best we possibly can and we’re rapt they’ve decided to extend.

“In the end if they didn’t see that they certainly wouldn’t extend so it’s a good vote of confidence for everyone that’s putting work into these young men and their futures

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Still can't get my head around Brodie. Legend.

WILL Brodie says avoiding more speculation of a potential exit from Gold Coast played an important part in his decision to re-sign with the Suns a year out from the end of his contract.
Frustration was the theme for Brodie in his first three years but he can feel a change happening in his game and his place in the Suns team.

“I want to be a really important part of this football club and play a big role in the midfield.
“That is something I’ll be focusing on in the next few years, to continue to develop myself and get this team to where we want to get to.”

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Roughy already coaching our boys

What Hawthorn’s Jarryd Roughead said to young Gold Coast Suns defender Charlie Ballard

“After I gave away a free kick he gave me a bit of advice,” Ballard said.
“I gave away a free kick for holding and I was trying to paddle. He just said ‘use your hands, push me to where you want me’.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Not the first time Roughy has did that. Believe he helped a young player in an VFL game too. When you're at that part of your career, it shows the character you are if you are able to help younger players starting in the game.

Well done.

Was former lion Reuben William in the vfl.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back