Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly old Ron Joseph having a meltdown tonight asking all clubs to make a stand against the Suns and the priority pick. Apparently we are a beach resort and not a fanatical football town.....
Time to put the cork back in the bottle hey Ron.
Who? I literally had to google him and even then I only know that at one point he was a secretary for North?

We don't have Barry the interchange steward talk s**t about the fact that North haven't secured a big name free agent in forever despite their "warchest" :rolleyes:

So brayden fiorini missed out on the 22under22 team last night at alfpa awards.

Was a good team with guys in a similar standing Milera and Andy McGrath on the bench.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heard kozi on SEN before was saying when he was first approached by the club to come in he was like meh suns until he got into the club and changed his mind.. worth a listen if someone can find it

Gold Coast coach Stuart Dew reviews the Suns 2019 AFL season
What type of player are you after at the national draft?

Everyone is after speed and strength. Most teams would say speed is on their wishlist.
Our strategy last year was to get a couple of key position players and then this year was more of a midfielders draft so I think it will be more of a midfield-selection this draft.
Need to be across year-on-year. Last year we went and got a couple of keys which were Jack (Lukosius) and Ben (King) came on the back of (Tom) Lynch going and Izak (Rankine) came with them. We think there are some really good midfielders which is important for growing depth.
We will look for some more mature age recruits coming in and it might only be two or three. But we want to make sure they can help us and support the list we have already got but grow our depth.

No coaches changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else wish our local Gold Coast media would report on the club's trading endeavours in the same way they do in Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne? I always watch the videos from down south with envy because I'd love to see news reports like that about our team. I wish Channel 7 or 9 would hire one insider for AFL and one insider for NRL and have them exclusively report on inside news coming out about our GC teams like they do down south.

Unfortunately we have to get a lot of that information second hand (and usually from a biased perspective) from the media outlets down south.

Does anyone else wish our local Gold Coast media would report on the club's trading endeavours in the same way they do in Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne? I always watch the videos from down south with envy because I'd love to see news reports like that about our team. I wish Channel 7 or 9 would hire one insider for AFL and one insider for NRL and have them exclusively report on inside news coming out about our GC teams like they do down south.

Unfortunately we have to get a lot of that information second hand (and usually from a biased perspective) from the media outlets down south.

Part of it is that pretty much all of the trade activity meetings and feelings out takes place in Melbourne.
Player managers and recruiters from interstate clubs mostly base themselves out of Melbourne, and this time of the year those that don't live there spend a lot of time there.

Extremely generous with those ratings - when I saw GHS got 5/10 I stopped reading
Yes GHS the one that stands out as wrong to me.

Also bit harsh on Sexton 5/10 - Tom Lynch (3 seasons ~45 goals, 1 season 66 goals) and Charlie Dixon (1 season 41 goals) only players to ever kick more goals in a suns season.

When Rischitelli, Sam Day, Nick Holman, Sam Collins, Will Powell, Sean Lemmens are 10-20th on the ratings and between then played an average of about 8 games.. doesn't bode for a great year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back