Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd you get that from? It says one game in 2020 and "more" in 2021.

I imagine this was a condition the AFL imposed for giving the Darwin zone to the Suns academy. But I think it's a good outcome despite losing another game on the Gold Coast. As you say it's a good area to grow a fanbase and helps bed in the connection with the academy, much as the North Queensland game does.
I think it secures your future like Canberra does with GWS topping up membership numbers and supporter base. If the Titans don’t do something similar they will be dead

Where'd you get that from? It says one game in 2020 and "more" in 2021.

I imagine this was a condition the AFL imposed for giving the Darwin zone to the Suns academy. But I think it's a good outcome despite losing another game on the Gold Coast. As you say it's a good area to grow a fanbase and helps bed in the connection with the academy, much as the North Queensland game does.
Yeah I missed read that. 2021 sounds further away than it is.

I think it secures your future like Canberra does with GWS topping up membership numbers and supporter base. If the Titans don’t do something similar they will be dead

Darwin is a bit further away from Gold Coast than Canberra is from western Sydney

And from reading the comments on nt news Facebook page the locals aren’t too keen on it

I was told "NT is coming as our zone."
I'm looking forward to the outrage from the more established clubs, if that happens. Bring it on.

I guess there would still be a "go home factor" with NT players, but at least it would be legitimate, rather than an excuse to go to another club.

And from reading the comments on nt news Facebook page the locals aren’t too keen on it
Why, are there lots of Demons fans up there or something?

Can't be all of NT since other clubs have zones within NT for their own NGA
It could be a full zone for Darwin and non-NGA players for the rest of the NT.

Highly likely we are getting NT as a priority zone.
SO I'M TOLD.
Is

SO I'M TOLD

a code for

It D Solom (D Soloman)..

I'll see myself out.
That constant inside info quote though.. can't believe it is just habit, or coincidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE Suns are facing a dilemma leading up to this year’s AFL national draft and the decision on what way they go could make for an awkward situation for one Gold Coast family.
Ashton Crossley is one of the leading candidates from a group of 26 Gold Coast Suns academy players who are eligible for this year’s draft and
The excitement around potentially fulfilling a lifelong dream to join an AFL club could be quelled by the fact the career of brother Brayden, 20, hangs in the balance.

If Brayden is likely to be out due to ASADA suspension then he can't be taking up a senior spot. Maybe a rookie spot at best.

Ashton looks like not getting selected in front of Budarick, Gore and Ace unless we get some extra list spots for academy players as part of the AFL assistance package.

Demetriou said the growth of the club compared with Sydney, who took 15 seasons to reach a grand final after relocating from South Melbourne, wasn't fair on the Swans as the league was in a far more precarious financial state in the late eighties and early nineties than it is today.

However, compared with the other expansion franchise of the past decade, the Gold Coast Suns, the Giants had got it right, he said.
The Giants are the toast of the town this week.

The Giants are the toast of the town this week.CREDIT:AAP
"They were prepared to fast-track youngsters and lose games and get belted for a couple of years because they knew they'd be better for it in the long run," he said, while noting the Suns' strategy of big-name veteran signings hadn't paid off.

Sometimes I just want to neck myself when I read this s**t
History being re-written in front of our eyes

*Daniel "I now lease warehouses' Gorringe clings to relevance

Taken from here

View attachment 753929

To here as an 18 year old on 200k a year

View attachment 753930

Really sounds like prison.
This bloke - just pathetic.

He recounts a few amusing anecdotes and gets a little cult social media following and then spouts off the same crap all the Vic media are doing.

Should stick to self depricating stories about what an ordinary footballer he was rather than try to rewrite history to give himself excuses as to why he didn't make it like his old mate spook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back