Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got the Tippett article that Boswell wrote?
Will Tippett (draft eligible in 2037) is one to keep an eye on for the future. He'll be father-son eligible for the Crows but hopefully the Tippetts stay based on the GC and we can run him through our academy system to gain access to him.

I know Bods will hate the idea but getting a highly experienced former AFL player like Kurt involved in the club is probably a really good idea. Another GC junior Andrew Raines has done an excellent job with our academy program and I think it could be a good idea to do the same with Kurt. Forgive and forget the past, live in the now and do what's best for the development of the club.

Will Tippett (draft eligible in 2037) is one to keep an eye on for the future. He'll be father-son eligible for the Crows but hopefully the Tippetts stay based on the GC and we can run him through our academy system to gain access to him.

I know Bods will hate the idea but getting a highly experienced former AFL player like Kurt involved in the club is probably a really good idea. Another GC junior Andrew Raines has done an excellent job with our academy program and I think it could be a good idea to do the same with Kurt. Forgive and forget the past, live in the now and do what's best for the development of the club.

Serenity now

My partner will be working in Darwin a bit next year.
Good excuse to go up!

No game in North QLD in 2020

“In 2020 the club will once again return in the pre-season for community camps in across North Queensland and will continue to play a key role in the development of football in the region. While we have the capacity and are keen to play an AFL match in the region, unfortunately we haven’t been able to secure the commercial deal required to bring a game to North Queensland.
https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2019-10-16/suns-remain-committed-to-north-queensland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So on another note I think we're a great chance to get a few rising star nominations next year and would reckon amongst our cohort, we would be the club most likely to take out the win

Players in with a shot that I can think of:

GC Suns: Rankine, Rowell, Anderson
St Kilda: Max King, Nick Coffield
Richmond: Jack Ross, Riley Collier-Dawkins
Geelong: Charlie Constable
GWS: Jackson Hately, Ian Hill
Adelaide: Chayce Jones

Hayden Young, Caleb Serong, Sam Flanders, Deven Robertson probably the other drafted guys in with a shout.

If we get King nominated last year then 3 nominations this year - bears well for a successful cohort coming through the ranks

Would have loved him to open up a bit more.
Was pretty straight bat - think Cal Twomey tried to get him to loosen up a bit with the ScoTt PenDleBury talk re: Alex Davies.

Some key points
- Almost certainly going to pre-list Malcolm Rosas
- NT deal for 4 years which the suns hope to extend beyond that time - will work in conjunction with talent pathways for Darwin players rather than imposing on them.
- Budarick is a leader within the academy
- Sounds like some guys might get de-listed and re-rookied
- Alex Davies needs to work on his endurance but has some great in traffic qualities
- Ben King is a strong personality and leader around the club
- Izak Rankine really grew personally last year dealing with his injury and was named as the one for a breakout 2020

Very interesting that Kall got involved with us out of a sports exercise degree took up a volunteer role, from there got a position and worked his way up and eventually into his current position - seems like he's made every post a winner.

the players often mention him by name.
Being a younger man, probably can connect with them well on a personal level - more so than an older recruiter where it may feel like a father relationship.
I imagine they would feel more comfortable with Kall than Stephen Wells when meeting for the first time.
Burns is very good IMO. He's very young but very good at the job. Much more personable than Craig Cameron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back