Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I was shaking my head when we drafted Ben. It shows I know nothing. Great congrats to Suns for doing their homework and drafting the best young talent available the last year.

Ben is turning into an awesome leader. I think we did well in May trade.
Yeah fair play. I was really against the pick as well, but looking more promising as time goes by. This continual upwards progression is all you can ask for aye.

GOLD Coast strength and conditioning coach Zane Leonard has left the club to join AFL rivals Hawthorn in Melbourne.

Leonard exited the Suns in recent weeks and the club confirmed it would seek a replacement for the respected former high performance member.

Leonard previously spent time with Super Rugby franchise the Melbourne Rebels and arrived at the Suns at the end of 2015 when former high performance manager Justin Cordy joined the Queensland club.

Not sure if this is going to make any kind of difference to our local media coverage but 92.5 GOLD FM rebranded to 92.5 Triple M yesterday. I know Triple M has a good history of covering footy in the major southern cities so hopefully this new venture means our club gets some more coverage. I'd like for them to interview our players more often too. At this point, any increase in coverage we can get is a good thing.

Ballard - Championship Data clowns claim 2019 was Ballard's first year in a system and Suns should lock him beyond 2020. Idiots.

Yep.Agree.......pretty hard to play 32 games in one season.....near impossible I'd say....;)

More outstanding work from AFL.com.
Doesn’t look like Jarrod Garlett
acd965a73326b031068255f74687d2bb.jpg
to me

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article. Palm-Beach Currumbin gets a brief mention. Wonder how many of our boys are private vs public schooled.

Like the Trent Rivers rumours 1.88 good height, add elijah taylor the same height end up not too bad, if Port get in front for will day and Gould and nobody willing to give up top 10 pick.

Interesting article. Palm-Beach Currumbin gets a brief mention. Wonder how many of our boys are private vs public schooled.

Off the top of my head, we can fix this up

Public - 14 , Private - 21

#1 - Pearce Hanley -
#2 - Anthony Miles - Albury High School (Public)
#3 - Jack Bowes - St Augustine's (Private)
#4 -
#5 - Jarrod Harbrow -
#6 - Alex Sexton - Chisholm Catholic College (Private)
#7 - Will Brodie - Scotch College (Private)
#8 - Brayden Fiorini - St Helena College (Private)
#9 - Ben Ainsworth -
#10 - Charlie Ballard - Sacred Heart College (Private)
#11 - Touk Miller - St Kevin's College (Private)
#12 - Sam Day - Prince Alfred College (Private)
#13 -
#14 - Lachie Weller - All Saints Anglican School (Private)
#15 -
#16 - Rory Thompson - Helensvale State High School (Public)
#17 - Corey Ellis - Penleigh & Essendon Grammar School (Private)
#18 -
#19 - Josh Corbett -
#20 - Jack Hombsch - Rostrevor College (Private)
#21 -
#22 -
#23 - Sean Lemmens - Salisbury School (Private)
#24 - David Swallow - Rossmoyne High School (Public)
#25 - Sam Collins - Whitefriars College (Private)
#26 -
#27 - Wil Powell - Churchlands High School (Public)
#28 - Jarrod Witts - Barker College (Private)
#29 - Chris Burgess -
#30 - Peter Wright - Maribyrnong College (Public)
#31 - Jordan Murdoch -
#32 -
#33 - George Horlin-Smith - Pembroke School (Private)
#34 - Ben King - Haileybury College (Private)
#35 -
#36 - Josh Schoenfeld - Comet Bay College (Public)
#37 - Izak Rankine - Henley High School (Public)
#38 - Jesse Joyce - Palm Beach Currumbin High School (Public)
#39 - Nick Holman - Kyabram College (Private)
#40 - Jacob Heron - Palm Beach Currumbin High School (Public)
#41 - Jack Lukosius - Henley High School (Public)
#42 -
#43 - Jez Mclennan - Nuriootipa High School (Public)
#44 - Darcy MacPherson - St Helena College (Private)
#45 - Jacob Dawson - Palm Beach Currumbin High School (Public)
#46 - Caleb Graham - Palm Beach Currumbin High School (Public)
#47 - Sam Fletcher -
#48 -
#49 - Mitch Riordan - Haileybury College (Private)

#00 - Matt Rowell - Carey Bapist College (Private)
#00 - Noah Anderson - Carey Bapist College (Private)
#00 - Sam Flanders - Foster Secondary College (Public)
#00 - Jeremy Sharp - Aquinas College (Private)
#00 - Jy Farrar - Hale School (Private)
#00 - Patrick Murtagh -

Last edited:
RowellAnderson12 nice work. After some looking Fiorini and Macpherson went to a public St Helena School in Diamond Creek Victoria. Ben Ainsworth left high school in grade 10.Nick Holman went to public Kyabram College. Peter Wright public Maribyrnong College in Melbourne.

Gil said this on the last Road to the Draft podcast. There was no nervous pause in his answer. He basically dismissed the question and rightly so. Those that are death riding us and want to see us fail are in for a rude shock. The AFL have our back and we're here for the long run. That said it is important we start to move up the ladder soon.

Gil said this on the last Road to the Draft podcast. There was no nervous pause in his answer. He basically dismissed the question and rightly so. Those that are death riding us and want to see us fail are in for a rude shock. The AFL have our back and we're here for the long run. That said it is important we start to move up the ladder soon.
Yup. He made Melbourne as an example, that for 10 years straight, they were basically in the bottom half of the ladder and didn't make finals. They were given priority picks which helped them move upwards.

I love this part.
it’s one of the biggest things Dew needs to work on.

I hope Craig is the man that can finally get through to him

Craig recently told SEN the world's best coaches recognised the importance of having an associate who can offer constructive criticism.

"I think it’s a really important role now, and the best coaches in the world have those people around them," Craig said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back