Suns in the Media - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a joke about the "part time" thing. What if that's what he was just offered? He isn't a spring chicken anymore. I'd say any amount of time will be plenty. I don't think it needs to be full time. Maybe just a couple days a week. At trainings. He has more experience than anyone in the club. It will go a long way to helping. Not just the coaches, but the players too. Whatever helps everyone improve, right?

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Goodness me. He's in his mid 60s and was only offered a part time role. What exactly are you guys after.
Not having a go at Neil Craig he’s a very good coach and even better person.
Just think Dew needs a lot more help then just this.

But It’s a good start at least the club can see Dew need help and are trying to do something about it.
that wouldn’t of happened in the past.

Last edited:
Not having a go at Neil Craig he’s a very good coach and even better person.
Just think Dew needs a lot more help then just this.

But It’s a good start at least the club can see Dew need help and are trying to do something about it.
that wouldn’t of happened in the past.
Definitely more, but like you said; it is a start. Any help is better than none.

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great signing, just hope he doesn't implement his cycling training.. cost the crows a premiership way back when... He tried to train the boys with a heavy block of cycling training in season and then freshen them up for finals.. good in theory but a few of their stars did hammies and they crashed out in straight sets from memory..

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great signing, just hope he doesn't implement his cycling training.. cost the crows a premiership way back when... He tried to train the boys with a heavy block of cycling training in season and then freshen them up for finals.. good in theory but a few of their stars did hammies and they crashed out in straight sets from memory..
Surely his main role is from a coaching psychology perspective, rather than a high performance role.

Despite some of the negative posts in this thread relating to Neil Craig I'm actually thrilled he has joined us, as he explained in the video he's not here to tell stewy and the coaching staff what to do he's here to observe and provide advice based on what he is seeing with our playing group and structures. He has a wealth of experience and knowledge with our game and I believe he will prove to be a valuable asset to us moving forward.

It is also positive to hear that a fresh pair of eyes believes we have what it takes and that the level to succeed and commitment from our boys is where it should be. It shows that there is genuine buy-in from our playing group, we are past the point of having passengers on our list. We are heading in the right direction.

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Surely his main role is from a coaching psychology perspective, rather than a high performance role.
Who knows, I'm sure he won't be getting his hands dirty.. but am stoked we got him.. has a mile of experience, has pretty much seen it all.. we have needed this kind of hire since our inception.. just keep him away from the bikes..

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
“Neil will have a very specific scope of responsibility and will work closely with Stuey and the coaching group on how they collaborate, reflect and teach.”

The issue of Stewie not connecting with and freezing out some players who he doesn't gel with are still there and its still being talked about so I think the Neil Craig deal is about managing that and hopefully mentoring him past it

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Despite some of the negative posts in this thread relating to Neil Craig I'm actually thrilled he has joined us, as he explained in the video he's not here to tell stewy and the coaching staff what to do he's here to observe and provide advice based on what he is seeing with our playing group and structures. He has a wealth of experience and knowledge with our game and I believe he will prove to be a valuable asset to us moving forward.

It is also positive to hear that a fresh pair of eyes believes we have what it takes and that the level to succeed and commitment from our boys is where it should be. It shows that there is genuine buy-in from our playing group, we are past the point of having passengers on our list. We are heading in the right direction.
Great post, don't need my morse code.

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Noah is such a outgoing bloke. Like Rankine just in the middle of everything and always keen for a chat. Rowell more like Swallow, quieter and leads with his footy

Successful clubs need personalities like Rankine and Anderson. Man I love the personalities of who we have drafted in the past two years. It is so noticeably different from our original crop. They are so up for it and charismatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back