Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it just looks thick and the colour looks off and the fits all look terrible. Lukosius looks about 2 sizes to small for his
I don't really care about the sponsors etc.. but you think they would get custom fit jerseys.
Like a proper tailored jersey.

Feel like they just have small, medium, large etc..

I'm listening to it now. They are talking about Abletts farewell to Metricon this weekend, and how contribution to the Gold Coast. Not just to the club, but to GC football in general.

And how one day the club champion medal should be named after him.

GTFO

These guys running a Sun's podcast not really reading the temperature of the supporters or the club. You don't name your B&F medal after a mercenary and a guy who asks for a trade, threatens retirement unless traded.

Swallow is a no brainer, 1st player drafted, former winner and was the turning point for getting the club back on track, will be the first Sun's 1 club career player.

At least Swallow will present the medal each year without requesting a cashie for the privilege.

Weller the highest earning player at the club?

Other significant earners in 2019 include Joel Selwood (Geelong) and Dyson Heppell (Essendon) and recently traded players Lachie Neale (Brisbane), Mitch McGovern (Carlton), Dylan Shiel (Essendon) and Lachie Weller (Gold Coast).
Fairly sure it's been widely suggested that the Weller deal was one of the last questionable decisions upper management made before everything was completely stripped back to get our salary cap situation back in order. Our recruiters/admin were desperate at the time and needed something positive to counterbalance the news that we would be losing Gary Ablett Jr so we overpaid for Lachie (both in the cap and in the trade). Now Lachie is entering his third year of a four-year contract and is obviously on good coin. Is it a concern? I don't think so considering none of our uncontracted players will be commanding huge money over the next 12 months and Lachie's salary will be adjusted accordingly at the end of next year when a contender for a big pay rise may emerge.

I think he deserves a life membership and some sort of recognition one day but the last few years and the way he exited the club was messy and left a sour taste in a lot of mouthes

To be honest....I'm not sure what he deserves........Gary Ablett came here for Gary Ablett.......everything he did was about Gary Ablett.....it didn't have anything to do with making the Suns better.....it was always about him..don't get me wrong I'm glad he came here.....and I was even more glad when he left...

And now all the other pretenders have left and we're left with a list that wants to propel the Suns forward.......whether we make it or not.....doesn't matter.

We have the blokes in place who will give their all and want to be Suns.....doesn't get better than that....

Challenge Accepted.

To be honest....I'm not sure what he deserves........Gary Ablett came here for Gary Ablett.......everything he did was about Gary Ablett.....it didn't have anything to do with making the Suns better.....it was always about him..don't get me wrong I'm glad he came here.....and I was even more glad when he left...

And now all the other pretenders have left and we're left with a list that wants to propel the Suns forward.......whether we make it or not.....doesn't matter.

We have the blokes in place who will give their all and want to be Suns.....doesn't get better than that....

Challenge Accepted.
Great Call

GTFO

These guys running a Sun's podcast not really reading the temperature of the supporters or the club. You don't name your B&F medal after a mercenary and a guy who asks for a trade, threatens retirement unless traded.

Swallow is a no brainer, 1st player drafted, former winner and was the turning point for getting the club back on track, will be the first Sun's 1 club career player.

At least Swallow will present the medal each year without requesting a cashie for the privilege.
Unless I heard it wrong during the latest episode of GCSunscast, this Sean Tobin now works for Gary Ablett Jr? If this is true, then the bloke is just pushing a personal agenda for self-interest. And pumping up all the great work done by all involved in the early years?? WTF?? The place was a mess until Evans and co. took over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says he and his wife plan on buying a holiday home on the coast as after retirement they plan on spending as much time up there.

Talks about a bunch of stuff in the article.
Doubt it. His wife detests it up here. Can't handle being away from the bubble.

Someone pass me a spew bucket
We hear you, but on the other hand he's not taking pot shots at us like every other ex player
Kudos where kudos is earned
I never really loved him as a player, but as a footballer he was peerless and I went to home games every week sometimes just so my kids could watch him

Doubt it. His wife detests it up here. Can't handle being away from the bubble.

Maybe change of tune? He does say that they find any reason to come back up for extended stays.

Gold Coast is a second home for me now. Jordan and I try to get up here as much as I can.

I do miss a lot of things about the Gold Coast. We are looking to get a holiday home here because I’m sure once my footy career is finished we will be spending a lot of time up here.

Miles was benchpressing 110kg in the gym at the start of February when his right pectoral tore off the bone.

“Benchpressing is something I have done probably 3000 times before,” Miles said.

“Because of my ankle I missed quite a bit of the pre-season and getting stronger through my upper body was one of the main focuses.

“I had done 110kg fairly regularly over the weeks leading into it and it’s just one of those freak accidents.

“It just gave way and I pretty much knew straight away something was wrong. The first rep felt really good and the second came down and when I went to push it up it happened.

“I never had any tightness leading into it, no soreness in the pec or anything.”

Suns teammate Nick Holman and rehab coach David Bailey were on hand to catch the bar before it fell on Miles.
Miles had surgery to reattach the muscle to the bone last week and hopes to be back after the club’s Round 14 bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back