NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Mr Bods

EA46BB83-7965-4608-889F-F0926D9738F4.jpeg

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I would expect executives also take 80% cut. So far I heard only 20% for Gillon. That would still be 1.6M for him after cut.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
WOW!!!!! I just posted that as a suggestion and thought it was a pipe dream.
good golly golly gosh.
Im just so impressed.
Honestly, I’m not.
AFL is their job, much like everyone else who currently is not getting paid anything because of the lockdown.
they’re not doing they’re job. They should be getting $0 or rookie wage $100k at best. If any clubs fold it’s entirely the players fault

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good mate of mine just got stood down without pay at AFL QLD management until May 1 but they all think beyond that will be nothing

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There is a school of thought that going forward permanently assistant AFL coaches will be part time employees (assuming AFL returns) and only head coach will be full time, its my understanding all assistants have been told to look for other work

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Honestly, I’m not.
AFL is their job, much like everyone else who currently is not getting paid anything because of the lockdown.
they’re not doing they’re job. They should be getting $0 or rookie wage $100k at best. If any clubs fold it’s entirely the players fault

Don't know it's entirely the players fault if Clubs fold, but agree about their wage demands. There's plenty of people in the workplace who have lost jobs because of this, with families to raise, and weren't on 100-800K per yr. Everyone is doing it tough. A number of people will be able to access accrued holiday pay/sick leave etc. for the first few weeks so maybe a min wage can be paid to the players to see them through for the first few weeks in a similar vein. A number of them also have families to take care of. And then a few months down the track, re-assess.
But to ask for 50% was a bit steep I reckon.

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Ross Lyon should merge St Kilda and Freo, they will then have a combined premiership total of 1 in 123 years
Problem are both club let him go. Look bitter if he comment on both St kilda and Fremantle (still give him 1 million this year for his contract) . Also those that complain here about the media is the one that panic and being negative about the club in the first place.

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
He does get a say on anything. He was just mouthing off a (boneheaded) opinion.
He is enjoying his payout of 1 million from Fremantle, of course he can say anything, he is not Pep Guardiola, who donate 1 Mil to fight corana virus.

Opinion vs Action, I take action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back