Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEN launches a Queensland station on Monday.. hoping it might lift the profile of Queensland footy with the Suns and Lions!

Do they normally call the games live? Would be a better option than listening to s**t trucks that currently call the game on 7 and fox

Do they normally call the games live? Would be a better option than listening to sh*t trucks that currently call the game on 7 and fox
I was actually having a look at the radio rights for Queensland before:

• All matches in which Brisbane Lions or Gold Coast SUNS are participating on Talking Lifestyle (Brisbane only)
• All matches in which Brisbane Lions are participating on Triple M (Brisbane only), as well as two further matches in each round (Cairns, Mackay, Townsville); one match in each round in which either or both of Gold Coast SUNS or Brisbane Lions are participating (Toowoomba, Maryborough/Fraser Coast)
• All matches in which Gold Coast SUNS are participating on Gold FM Triple M Gold Coast (Gold Coast only)
• Minimum two matches per round including Friday Night, all matches in which Brisbane Lions or Gold Coast SUNS are participating and all Roving Marquee Matches which happen on a national public holiday on ABC Radio

• All Brisbane Lions matches and up to three other matches per round on NIRS

No mention of AFL Nation (which is SEN's footy coverage)

Would think the Q-Clash would be on SEN Track on Wednesday, Will keep an eye out for it :)

Swapping cars with Craig Cameron in nsw so he didn’t get pulled over with Victorian plates and giving his wives car to Rowell’s mother and sister so they didn’t get stopped with Queensland rego
Would love to know who this source was.
They had intimate details of Rowell's family movements, Cameron and Evans' movements etc.
It's disappointing that someone within the club would leak this information to a journo that dislikes us immensely. Reads like sour grapes and I'll just leave it at that.

Swapping cars with Craig Cameron in nsw so he didn’t get pulled over with Victorian plates and giving his wives car to Rowell’s mother and sister so they didn’t get stopped with Queensland rego
The difference between crossing the border with NSW plates vs Vic plates is huge
Every Vic plate is pulled over and questioned
He's done nothing wrong
He lives in the bubble
Only dodginess is why the Vic plates?

The difference between crossing the border with NSW plates vs Vic plates is huge
Every Vic plate is pulled over and questioned
He's done nothing wrong
He lives in the bubble
Only dodginess is why the Vic plates?

The article says that Cameron lives in Victoria so he wouldn’t have got an exemption to cross the border

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of what they used to do at the Grand Final as part of the pre match entertainment,

They used to have someone perform both teams songs pre match,

Don't know why they stopped that

I will put this here, as there are MSM etc. references to the health of AF in Qld.; & "scathing attacks" by P. V'landys on the popularity of AF in Qld.

On 24.7.20, the QRL stated that the Rugby League Brisbane Juniors competition, for its U6- U12 levels, had c. 5000 players, in 497 teams. As greater Brisbane (minus Ipswich) has c. 2.2m people, this 5000 figure is very low, for a RL heartland state.
(The Ipswich Junior RL competition is separate to the RLBJ competition, so its RL players are not included in the 5000).

For a detailed breakdown of these figures, the relative health of RL & AF in SEQ etc., refer to the link below

(then scroll down to my posts # 104 107 110 & 129)

Last edited:

We cannot pick Rowell :(

However, we can pick Budarick, Ballard, Lukosius, Bowes, Anderson, Ainsworth, King and Rankine

However, we can pick Budarick, Ballard, Lukosius, Bowes, Anderson, Ainsworth, King and Rankine
The most nominees of any club.

Being a former SEN lister, I can agree.. listener to some of SEN Track QLD today and very RL bias
Looks like they had Jonathan Thurston on this afternoon. That's a pretty big coup if you're an RL fan.

Not really surprising to hear it's mostly a league station but maybe they'll discuss the QClash on Wednesday and we can get something from them.

And we can say with a straight face that all of them deserve to be in the starting 22, You wouldn't blink an eye at any of them being captain either.

I'm guessing Rowell isn't able to be selected because he's going to be named Coach of the team ;)

Great to have a plethora of young guys recognised

I would have the best 22 under 22 (best players not necessarily best 2020 year)
- note players only selected in their designated positions.

FB - Baker Weitering Ridley
HB - Clark Lukosius Bowes
C - Smith Taranto Mccluggage
HF - Bolton Naughton SPP
FF - Rankine B.King Butters
R - Darcy Walsh Mcgrath

I - Simpkin Berry Brayshaw Worpel

E - Miers Bailey Daicos Perryman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back