Philadelphia 76ers
first thing i thought of haha

geisha-rowell2.png

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The black face incident and the locker room stuff needs to be confronted if any of those players involved are still listed.
Individual players don't live in a vacuum. If Joel's locker room claims are true I have a little doubt that the whole team was aware of them regardless whether they were actively involved in this alleged crap or not. It really does not matter if players actively involved are still listed or not. It should be addressed but I doubt it will be. Nothing happened 2 years ago when Joel came up with these claims for the first time.

It would be interesting to ask players from Joel's time if claims are true and if they were aware of them (including current players Swallow, Harbrow, Day).

I listened to Joel once and he definitely sounds like a half crazy person. That does not mean that his racial claims did not happen but his peformance/selections claims look laughable based on watching him play.

Last edited:

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

GOLD Coast midfield sensation Matt Rowell will take a big step in his recovery from shoulder surgery on Saturday when he plays in his first match simulation of the pre-season.
Rowell will play just over a quarter of action at Carrara as he ramps up contact on the shoulder he dislocated in the opening quarter of just his fifth senior game last year against Geelong.
He said Noah Anderson would spend more time "inside" in 2021, while Izak Rankine would also push higher up the ground to be on-ball more regularly in the coming year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Have the suns announced their Team of the decade yet ? or have i missed it?

Dan Gorringe said he would tattoo the whole team on his body if he makes it

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Have the suns announced their Team of the decade yet ? or have i missed it?

Dan Gorringe said he would tattoo the whole team on his body if he makes it
Dan Gorringe wouldn't be anywhere near the NEAFL team of the Century let alone the AFL one. ******* of the highest order

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I wasn't quite sure where else to put this so I've just gone with this thread...

Did anyone see this story late last year? Buddy and Jesinta bought a 'luxury beach pad on the Gold Coast' in North Kirra back in December. It's in a nice spot of the city where it's close to the airport (which would be a big plus for them), 80 minutes to the Brisbane CBD and just 50 minutes to Byron Bay. Perhaps the couple are looking to settle down and raise a family on the GC post-AFL career? They are about to have their second child if anyone is wondering.

We know Jesinta grew up here and holds fondness for our city where her parents still live but perhaps the more interesting story would be that Buddy's existing connections with a lot of our staff members (Dew, Shaw, Francou, Tippett etc) could put us in the box seat to get him involved in our club in a coaching capacity when he presumably retires next year. Buddy has said previously that he wants to remain involved in the game after his playing career is over and I'd say we're in a fantastic position to get him when you consider all the factors at play. Also add in the fact that Darwin and North QLD fall under our academy zone which would allow Bud to give back to the indigenous youth of northern Australia and I'm sure that would be appealing for him.

Thoughts?

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
I wasn't quite sure where else to put this so I've just gone with this thread...

Did anyone see this story late last year? Buddy and Jesinta bought a 'luxury bad pad on the Gold Coast' in North Kirra back in December. Perhaps the couple are looking to settle down and raise a family on the GC post-AFL career? They are about to have their second child for anyone wondering.

We know Jesinta grew up here and holds fondness for our city where her parents still live but perhaps the more interesting story would be that Buddy's existing connections with a lot of our staff members (Dew, Shaw, Francou, Tippett etc) could put us in the box seat to get him involved in our club in a coaching capacity when he presumably retires next year. Buddy has said previously that he wants to remain involved in the game after his playing career is over and I'd say we're in a fantastic position to get him when you consider all the factors at play.

Thoughts?

Don't see how it adds any value to the Sun's - 5 years ago this may have meant something

1. He's cooked as a player
2. Hasn't done anything outside of playing to suggest he would be of any value off the field - no leadership roles, etc...

All that suggests is he plans on living in a nice part of the world and has a couple of mates involved at the Sun's to catch up with.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Don't see how it adds any value to the Sun's - 5 years ago this may have meant something

1. He's cooked as a player
2. Hasn't done anything outside of playing to suggest he would be of any value off the field - no leadership roles, etc...

All that suggests is he plans on living in a nice part of the world and has a couple of mates involved at the Sun's to catch up with.
I wasn't suggesting he would play for us, although technically he would be a free agent next year and could sign for any club if he wanted to...

I was suggesting he could get involved in coaching/mentorship with our young group. Could you imagine the kind of thrill guys like Izak Rankine or Ben King would get out of having Buddy Franklin coach them on their forward craft? I mean we're literally talking about a top 5 forward of all time!

Tippett seemingly had no interest in getting involved until Dew got in his ear. Maybe that's all it's going to take? Plus, Dewy and Buddy go way back. They were '08 Premiership teammates which is a much longer relationship than Shaw or Tippett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back