Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just do what you did to Mr Bods. , If that call trolling then you troll him .
I believe emoji buttons are there to be used as per users discretion. Use them as you like. Personally, I wish there was better choice for some posts.

Spreading false information about other users is another story. Just show me my post where I laughed at Freo and GWS. Not sure what Mr Bods has to do anything with it.

I heard something a week or two ago saying that collectively we actually have run the furthest in the league.
Doesn't seem to equate to smart running though

When you’re continually chasing up and back probably going to run more

But also watch the game from the weekend players continually out of position compared to bulldogs players

I just do what you did to Mr Bods. , If that call trolling then you troll him .

Just stop with the baiting. If people have a problem with someone, there is a report button. Don't go openly trolling or trying to create toxicity. No more warnings for anyone

Ultimately it comes down to Game Plan and we don't seem to have one that works plus no big kids who can scare as well as get the ball. My biggest fear is Luko, King, Rankine and Anderson for starters will start thinking home might be a smart move. Hope not but if we don't start winning....then doubts will magnify. Never really liked Dew's style but I reckon he has about 10 more games before the daggers are unsheathed?

Basic answer any player gives when asked. Happy at the suns, he spoke quite well, seems to have opened up a bit more.
Bit more than that.Response to the suggestion Chad Cornes had said an Adelaide team might want to trade for him
Said he was very happy on the GC.Building a really strong Club culture." I'm fully invested in what we're doing here"
No wishy washy stuff a la Unimprestwithia Uncle Tom Peaheart O'Cockface etc

And how'd he answer?
What's your response to Cornes's comments?
" I am very happy here on the GC. We are building a great culture here. I am pretty invested what we are doing here.

Where does your kick come from?
"A lot of kicking as a young. I love my footy"

How you block talk about trajectory to become star/superstar down the track?
"I didn't heard a lot of it. Just taking it week by week, still skinny kid, working to expand skills, a lot of room for improvement, hopefully turn into a very good player for this club"

He seems to appear on AFL Tonight fortnightly. He did look more relaxed and more confident.

He did pass my test but I am optimist :)

Last edited:
Luko also answered questions about WB and Swans games.
Basically, we did not bring the intensity, learned a lot from how WB played. Strong belief within the team, have to bring it for 4 quarters against Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd actually love to have Ross Lyon take over coaching the Suns.

Say what you want about his methodologies and lack of 're-building' success, he knows how to win games. Took both St.Kilda and Fremantle to grand finals against some of the best teams of the modern era.

We have the right players in place to win under the right coaching. If Clarko, Roos or Lyon wanted to take over, I'd be giving them the keys.

Hi Team,

A little late this week getting onto Youtube. Who knew having an incoming child would take up so much time :p

If you are looking for some Suns content as we head into this massive game against the Swans. Just an FYI this was recorded Monday evening :)

Awful pun aside, Matt and Keegan talk about the smashing in the Jarrad Grant cup this weekend. The woeful first half and does the 3rd quarter recovery make up for the awful start? Corbett and Farrar's instant impact. Are we going to see any genuine improvement this season? Can we blame the injuries? And if possible, vote for the best on ground.

We look ahead to Sydney and can we finally claim our 2nd win of the year? Are the Swans young guns looking a little tired? Can we finally begin picking up some wins in the next couple of weeks? Please? Make sure you Like & Subscribe so you don't miss any episodes.

Enjoy!

Report on Channel 9 Gold Coast News tonight said that AusKick participation numbers on the Gold Coast are up 32% this year when compared to 2020. Pretty significant considering they were up last year as well so it's not as if this is just a post-COVID recovery stat.
This doesn't pertain to GC but QLD in general, but friend of mine moved up to Maroochydore last year from Vic, and when tried to get his kids in a junior club. He couldn't. Everywhere was full. He's gonna try next year.

This doesn't pertain to GC but QLD in general, but friend of mine moved up to Maroochydore last year from Vic, and when tried to get his kids in a junior club. He couldn't. Everywhere was full. He's gonna try next year.
The Sunshine Coast is going to be a huge asset for the Lions going forward. Similar to the Gold Coast, rugby league doesn't seem to have as big of a stranglehold on the Sunny Coast as other parts of Queensland and a lot of Victorians have moved there in the last 20 years, which is obviously a big factor as well. It's also starting to become quite a dense city with the population exceeding over 350,000 these days and growing at a fast rate. Brisbane have the advantage of the Sunny Coast being within an hour's drive of Brisbane so it's much easier for them to develop academy talent from there than it is for us with prospects from Cairns or GWS academy prospects from Canberra/the Riverina. The Lions are already benefitting from this with Sunny Coast players on their list like Hipwood, Payne and Fullarton.

Love it. The more the merrier. There probably needs to be more junior clubs. Seems there isn't enough.
To be honest, our biggest limiting factor in south east Queensland is the lack of ovals. This is part of the reason it was such a big deal for the AFL to play the Grand Final in Queensland last year because they came to an agreement with the state government to spend $8 million constructing new ovals for the creation of new Aussie rules clubs as well as upgrading existing clubs. This is an extremely positive outcome for us and the Lions going forward. It's been very difficult for AFL Queensland to secure any funding from the state and/or local governments for this so it's really positive news that the AFL stepped in with the idea of securing future growth of the game in Queensland.

David Swallow on RSN this morning

Woodville-West Torrens are in danger of losing a trio of players in this year’s AFL Mid-Season Draft.

Eagles coach Jade Sheedy, who doubles as the SANFL head coach, has identified former Adelaide Crows duo Tyson Stengle and Riley Knight along with 24-year-old tall Jack Hayes as those putting themself into AFL calculations.

“I talk to the recruiters a bit and their names definitely come up,” he said on SEN SA Breakfast.

“I think potentially there’s three players we could lose in Jack Hayes, Tyson Stengle and Riley Knight. They’re the three that stick out in my head.

“There’s probably multiple clubs in that boat.”

SEN SA Breakfast co-host and four-time Central District premiership player Andrew Hayes is a big fan of his namesake, rating forward-turned-ruck Hayes as one of the most valuable players in the competition right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back