Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1254937

The club posted that on socials not too long ago, Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out who's been the unfortunate victim of said abuse.

Absolutely abhorrent behavior from a small-minded individual

Goes without saying but worth reiterating that the mod team fully support the clubs stance on this issue.
Yeah what a POS.
The guy seemed to be a Richmond supporter, had 21 other mutual follows on Instagram including Prestia.

Last edited:
Yeah what a POS.
The guy seemed to be a Richmond supporter, had 21 other mutual friends on Instagram including Prestia.
before someone has a wild take at this, i believe it meant mutual followers, as in the gutless campaigner followed 21 people that chol followed, including prestia.

I listened to the interview on trade radio this morning. I recommend other people interested in this saga do so, as he had some very considered words about how other clubs treated Ben King when he was drafted, but also what he thought of King as a person.

For instance, he commented that Max still lives at home compared to how Ben has come up here and developed as a young man. He also slipped in the word little “dynasty” before kind of back-pedalling when discussing how keen Ben wants to return and train with his mates, like Rowell etc. In there, he also praised the coaching team for how they developed King.

However, he was critical of the way the Suns treated Lynch when he left, so it was a very balanced interview for his clients and the AFL industry.

So certainly not a green light on staying, but I liked his honesty about the whole industry focus on targeting young kids straight out of the draft and putting pressure on them.

And it kind of confirmed a lot of things I believe about King: smart, driven, mature and independent.

I listened to the interview on trade radio this morning. I recommend other people interested in this saga do so, as he had some very considered words about how other clubs treated Ben King when he was drafted, but also what he thought of King as a person.

For instance, he commented that Max still lives at home compared to how Ben has come up here and developed as a young man. He also slipped in the word little “dynasty” before kind of back-pedalling when discussing how keen Ben wants to return and train with his mates, like Rowell etc. In there, he also praised the coaching team for how they developed King.

However, he was critical of the way the Suns treated Lynch when he left, so it was a very balanced interview for his clients and the AFL industry.

So certainly not a green light on staying, but I liked his honesty about the whole industry focus on targeting young kids straight out of the draft and putting pressure on them.

And it kind of confirmed a lot of things I believe about King: smart, driven, mature and independent.

Sounds like he will be having a good chat with his family back in Melbourne about his future but yes. He did mention hes really close with Anderson and Rowell and they want to build a dynasty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it was kinda the plan for a while now, let him grow as a player half back/wing then move fwd. Little bit nick reiwoldt style.

Exactly. Drafted as a forward and was always going to return to the forward line. Needs to put on a bit of size this summer though.

Will be one of the most damaging players in the game next year, if we figure out some semblance of a forward structure.

Hopefully we keep him there though and don’t swing him back after 3 weeks.

I agree with Dew’s discussion (or whichever coach it is). I have Luko moving into the half-forward line in my predicted line-up for 2022.

They’ve already suggested Day plays (or in a perfect world, Thompson) back if we need that third tall, which frees up Luko.

His kicks into forward 50 are elite, and something I’d rather have than kicking out of defence—Powell can take that responsibility more, maybe. Luko is ranked high in the comp for marks as well so if he can translate to offence he will be a real weapon. He just needs to work on the yips he has with his set shots.

I agree with Dew’s discussion (or whichever coach it is). I have Luko moving into the half-forward line in my predicted line-up for 2022.

They’ve already suggested Day plays (or in a perfect world, Thompson) back if we need that third tall, which frees up Luko.

His kicks into forward 50 are elite, and something I’d rather have than kicking out of defence—Powell can take that responsibility more, maybe. Luko is ranked high in the comp for marks as well so if he can translate to offence he will be a real weapon. He just needs to work on the yips he has with his set shots.
These are his set shots since his debut

Quite a few misses from directly in front.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 4.57.52 pm.png

These are his set shots since his debut

Quite a few misses from directly in front.

View attachment 1256701
Yeah, exactly—it’s been a problem.

But in his draft year he was called “dead-eye” because he slotted them form anywhere. He can kick a ball 70 meters with pin-point accuracy to a player, so I’m sure he can practice goal kicking and get back to his best.

Corbett is an example of a player that was a noted goal kicker in the VFL but had huge yips in front of goal for AFL for quite a number of games. Just needs to keep at it and gather confidence.

Personally I think it’s a good move or at least worth a trial. Our scoring is woeful and it needs a change-up.

King needs support. Luko and Chol can be that, in their own way (hopefully). As I said, worth a try.

Lukosius forward is a great idea, his marking has steadily got better and better and going into his 4th off season should be able to put on enough strength to contest.
If he can find some form that's a bloody good KPF duo.
Something needs to change so good on Dew for wanting to try something different

What does this mean for Corbett? Luko, King, chol is it too top heavy to throw in Corbett? Or is sexton/ainsworth/flanders going to lose their spot?

What does this mean for Corbett? Luko, King, chol is it too top heavy to throw in Corbett? Or is sexton/ainsworth/flanders going to lose their spot?

Dew clearly is desperate and no longer knows what he’s doing.
He needs to join Haines in the unemployment line and exit. He’s failed our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back