Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Maybe I went too far by stating Day is a club legend but I guess we really need a definitive way of defining 'club legend' status to settle this. Would 200 games be enough or do people want more than that? How about 250? I'd like to point out that Day is 29 so there's still time for him to gain legendary status.

Would I be correct in saying most people would consider Harbrow to be a club legend?

I remember early on there was talk that the Crows wanted Day in return for Tippett but that never eventuated. I'm sure other clubs have also enquired over the last decade as well.

I don't think you need to have been in the leadership group to be a club legend. It helps your case but I don't think it's a prerequisite by any means.

I just think keeping ex players around the club helps drive the passion. You need passionate people around your club to keep everyone 100% invested. Passion is infectious when you're inside the four walls of a sports club. Mind you, I can accept that the majority of our former players simply aren't suitable for any of the non-playing roles at our club and therefore will never end up working for us in that way.

Side question - Does anyone know if Kurt Tippett is still coaching with us next year or was he let go?
no definitive games criteria,
not sure North would consider Shaun Atley a club legend but Jim + Phil Krakouer would be.

More about influence upon the fortunes of the club.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

cool vid, provider of my new profile pic :cool:

kenbing.png

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

The Gold Coast SUNS are pleased to confirm Official Partner Austworld has extended its contract with the club for a further three years.

The partnership will see Austworld retain their Official Naming Rights position of the SUNS’ elite training and administration facility along with prominent branding on the club’s playing and training shorts, as well as the sleeves of the club’s media polo.

The partnership extension continues Austworld’s ongoing support of the SUNS which began in the club’s foundation years.

Austworld Executive Manager Evan Zikos said the growth of Austworld in the Australian building industry and within the Gold Coast community has surpassed expectations since officially partnering with the SUNS.

“At Austworld, the teams continuously work hard to deliver upon the strong reputations as one of the leading wholesalers of plumbing solutions not only on the Gold Coast, but nationwide,” Zikos said.

“Over recent years we have been able to significantly expand and advance our range of products in market through investing in the latest technological advancements in research and development.

“We are thrilled to have been able to grow our national awareness with an organisation that aligns with our core brand values such as the SUNS, and we look forward to building on strong foundations in 2022 and beyond.”

Gold Coast Chief Executive Mark Evans thanked Austworld for their ongoing support to the SUNS.

“Austworld have been a fantastic support to our club for a long time and we’re proud to have their name attached to our home base, the Austworld Centre, and their brand living proudly across our Club apparel” Gold Coast SUNS Chief Executive Mark Evans said.

“To have a local family-owned Gold Coast company like Austworld involved in our club is a privilege and we look forward to continue to build on our outstanding relationship for years to come.”

The SUNS and Austworld have joined forces for several important causes over the years, including collaboration for Movember and supporting women in construction.

He is brimming with optimism that the Suns are creating a culture that will see Ben King, Jack Lukosius and Izak Rankine re-sign instead of depart at the end of 2022.

“The contract is five years, which is really good so I am absolutely stoked about it. You can say I have signed for life, which is really good,” he told the Herald Sun.

“I see myself as a one-club player and the club have been incredible for me.

“I was really big on it with my manager, that I just wanted to be here.

“I had no reason to be anywhere else. I have been at the club for seven years now and I have seen rock bottom and I want to see the success.

“It’s a massive thing for myself now and why I want to play for the club.

“We have been big on developing a culture at the club and we want to be a place where blokes want to come and play.

“Not just for the lifestyle but as a footy club that plays finals footy every year. Look at Geelong, teams that are really strong. That’s what we are trying to create.

“You have to look at next year and say it’s a crunch year for quite a few of us. I can openly say that.

“We are at a point where we have had time to build the list and where players aren’t young any more, we have expectations of them to perform next year. We want to play finals next year. It’s a given. It’s definitely the goal.”

The captaincy
Miller says when the time is right he will thrust his name forward as a potential captain but he is content to be the club’s vice-captain as he helps build leadership depth.

“One hundred per cent I would like to be captain of the Gold Coast Suns,” he said.

“At the moment it’s not what we need. We have two really strong captains in Jarrod Witts and Dave Swallow and myself and (fellow vice-captain) Sam Collins are helping those two and Stewie and Alex Rigby, our high performance manager.

“We work together to make sure we are on the right path and it’s not a matter of who is leading the club, it’s collectively getting it done for the playing group.

“One day it might be, but it’s not a high priority at the moment.”

The young guns
Despite external perceptions Miller believes Ben King, Jack Lukosius and Izak Rankine are buying into the culture at the Suns and want to stay past their current deals expiring at the end of 2022.

The Suns are attempting to broker deals over summer with the trio despite massive offers from southern clubs.

“Their names always come up in the media but it’s on the back of the culture piece,” he said.

“We are trying to build a culture that forces us to retain our players. I truly believe Luko, Izak, Kingy and Charlie Ballard have made strong connections and they want to see success with this team.

“They are happy and excited and enjoy the club and at the moment I definitely believe they want to be here and want team success which is just as important.”

Gold Coast’s under-performing stars
Miller believes Rory Atkins will bounce back after his torrid first year at the club which saw him regularly out of the senior side.

“He did have a hard run with injury hiccups and it’s documented that he didn’t come back in the best nick,” he said.

“But in reflecting on the year now he needs an off-season where he is really strong and really fit.

“His attitude and mindset are on point and we are going to see massive things from him next season, which is what we need.

“We got him up here to play really strong footy and he can be a game breaker so it’s important to have him up and running.”

He says Rankine is learning to mix the sublime with the everyday traits that make great footballers.

“You saw at the end of the year he got tired, and if he can get himself mentally prepared and ready to play AFL football that will be really good for us,” he said.

“If he can train at a really high standard, he will be such a good player. He can do special things and he also needs to do the basic stuff really well. He is one of those rare talents.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
It's a pity that Touky's lifetime contract has been overshadowed by the Greendogs actions and the Club's ineptitude.Really hard to be excited and despite what he says I'm not buying his blab that the young guns are buying in

Apparently the Touk re-signing wasn't meant to be announced until just before the season beginning. Would happily like confirmation from anyone else that has heard this

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Apparently the Touk re-signing wasn't meant to be announced until just before the season beginning. Would happily like confirmation from anyone else that has heard this
If that's the case they've totally munted this as well.If they thought announcing the Touk re-signing was going to take away the Greendog stench then they haven't tried to get rid of a post MickyD's dump smell with Glen-20.On it's own it smells like the scent of the meadow.When mixed with turd it's its own special fetid malodorous cockltail and just makes it ten times worse

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's a pity that Touky's lifetime contract has been overshadowed by the Greendogs actions and the Club's ineptitude.Really hard to be excited and despite what he says I'm not buying his blab that the young guns are buying in

I’m getting older and more cynical by the day but unless we start winning more and soon, Greenflog’s actions if anything will just encourage yet more of our young players to leave when better offers are placed before them.

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
We don't deserve Touk Miller. He is the best clubman we have ever had and is the true heart and soul of this club. I love you mate, deadass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he not allowed interest's outside of football? fu** me dead

I'm guessing that now that one particular poster decided to quit, there's a vacuum that needed to be filled.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Is he not allowed interest's outside of football? fu** me dead

of cause he is allowed extra curricular activities outside of football

but if these are interfering with rest and recovery that he needs to perform at his best for his well paid employment..

there comes a point.. one needs to choose..

media/content producer or AFL career

was well below average last year

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Yeah, You can't be doing that
of cause he is allowed extra curricular activities outside of football

but if these are interfering with rest and recovery that he needs to perform at his best for his well paid employment..

there comes a point.. one needs to choose..

media/content producer or AFL career

was well below average last year
You're a ******* idiot.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Rankine tired cos u spends all night playing video games on twitch for monster energy

There may be some truth in this, but Izak has still kicked 28 goals from his first 30 games. After Eddie Betts’ first 2 seasons, he’d kicked 39 from 40 games. There’s room for improvement, but Rankine’s still going ok.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back