Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a ******* idiot.

I take it your happy for the Suns to offer Rankine 800k a year for next 5 years after his performances this year?

happy for him to keep plotting around doing his own thing..

that’s fair enough.

but I want more Touks who are 100% invested in getting the best out of themselves and the football club

if that makes me.. ******* idiot

So be it. Go Suns 🤟🏽

There may be some truth in this, but Izak has still kicked 28 goals from his first 30 games. After Eddie Betts’ first 2 seasons, he’d kicked 39 from 40 games. There’s room for improvement, but Rankine’s still going ok.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rankine has all the skill in the world.. everyone’s said that this day 1

I hopehe gets to a point where it produces it game in and game out and has his name etched in AFL hall of fame..

but it takes a lot of variables to put it all together.
Look at Harley Bennell again absolute gun.
but head wasn’t in the game.

I hope Rankines 100% committed this year..
could be the Suns golden ticket!

Yes, I had seen that before.

I just have hard time to believe that according to you players are not allowed to have hobbies, off time. Unless they are killing it on the field. Meanwhile, they should train 24/7?

For Rankine it was his basically second season on the field. Yes, he struggled in the second half of the season, by the look mainly mentally. He did have some very good games, I loved his deliveries inside 50. Yes, he made some stupid mistakes, silly penalties. Not many young small forwards succeed early especially on the team that lost midfield battle in most games. Especially, when the opposition best small defender plays on them. Nothing wrong to be sent to reserves to get your mojo back, work on the craft. I always look at Swans. All their young stars are sent back to reserves regularly. The players progress is not linear. As Touk says, as team improves the players improve too.

The last thing Suns should do is take away Rankine's identity, doing his thing in off time. Yes, he needs to focus on doing basics properly but also enjoying the game. As far as I understand, he works hard.

Just wondering, as Rowell struggled this season too after coming from injury, should he stop gardening? :p

Last edited:

I would suggest a large proportion of young men in most walks of life play video games.
There is a specific AFL gamers network for those that stream often.
Including Jack Viney, Connor Rozee and other big name performers.

Doesn't mean he's not giving his AFL career 100%

I would suggest a large proportion of young men in most walks of life play video games.

I was about to say the same thing. Plenty of big gamers in the afl, doesn't mean it affects them being footballers.

I'm nearly 50 and I still play video games, I'm in sales and I'm paid pretty well, if I don't hit budget for the quarter I don't spend all my time chasing it up chewing into my own time. If I want to wind down and play a few hours of a game or god forbid knock the top off a few beers on a Friday I'm not going to let the sales manager call me on my weekend and tell me to make some extra phone calls to get my numbers back up, I'm driven enough to do that myself (on company time). This kind of commentary seems to be almost exclusively for elite athletes.

OMG, he's having a BEER! He only got 8 touches on the weekend, how could he be so lazy!!!

Wow we are a feisty lil bunch these days.

I never said take his computer off the kid..
Just stated hope he isn’t up until 2 in the morning playing video games before training.

What he does in his own time is naturally upto him.
Just hope he knows what talents he has been given and AFL career isn’t 50 years like our standard 9-5 careers are.

some players rest post season
Some players go over to the US and abuse there body’s with weights and endurance sessions.

Aslong as there doing the best they can for themselves and the club so be it.

Wow we are a feisty lil bunch these days.

I never said take his computer off the kid..
Just stated hope he isn’t up until 2 in the morning playing video games before training.

What he does in his own time is naturally upto him.
Just hope he knows what talents he has been given and AFL career isn’t 50 years like our standard 9-5 careers are.

some players rest post season
Some players go over to the US and abuse there body’s with weights and endurance sessions.

Aslong as there doing the best they can for themselves and the club so be it.
That's a bit different from what you said originally :cool:
Rankine tired cos u spends all night playing video games on twitch for monster energy

That's a bit different from what you said originally :cool:

Still can’t see where I said we should ban him from playing his computer..
but ok 😎

work life balance is always hard and changes as life changes

But you still need to be able to function and perform at 100 %

let’s hope he is pumped for a big 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bowes. in. the. midfield.
It’s not a like for like replacement for Greenwood (very different players) but about time this happened.
Wonder what our backline will look like now. Do both Farrar and Budarick get a run if fit? Definitely gives us a bit more of a speedy look.

HB: Budarick / Day / Ballard
B: Powell / Collins / Markov

Or if we wanted to go a bit smaller swap out Day for Lemmens?

It’s not a like for like replacement for Greenwood (very different players) but about time this happened.
Wonder what our backline will look like now. Do both Farrar and Budarick get a run if fit? Definitely gives us a bit more of a speedy look.

HB: Budarick / Day / Ballard
B: Powell / Collins / Markov

Or if we wanted to go a bit smaller swap out Day for Lemmens?
Lemmens is comfortably best 22 after last season

Lemmens is comfortably best 22 after last season
You’re Probably right. I still think both Farrar and Budarick have more upside and will eventually replace him, and have always thought our KPDs are a bit undersized when we only have Collins and Ballard back there. I think we look more balanced with Day in a key defensive post, which would allow Charlie to play more of an intercept role. It’s time for Luko to move further up the ground. Good problems to have in the off-season. No doubt our inevitable injury toll will reduce these options.

You’re Probably right. I still think both Farrar and Budarick have more upside and will eventually replace him, and have always thought our KPDs are a bit undersized when we only have Collins and Ballard back there. I think we look more balanced with Day in a key defensive post, which would allow Charlie to play more of an intercept role. It’s time for Luko to move further up the ground. Good problems to have in the off-season. No doubt our inevitable injury toll will reduce these options.

All 3 are different types of defenders, we usually get torched by small/medium forwards, Lemmens did a fantastic job of defending those types and I don't see Farrar (running defender) or Budarick (to small) being up to cover that spot.

Looks like he's playing Assassins Creed.
I wouldn't be too worried. That's more of a casual Game. If he was playing COD, LOL or An MMO then I'd be worried as those games require dedication.
Even games like COD and Overwatch can be played pretty casually these days (Unless you're grinding for skins then god help you)

I'd be more worried if he took up iRacing or Assetto Corsa Competizione - That sim racing rabbit hole steals your life.
For example: I lost the last few years of high school to iRacing's predecessor...

Also real quick: Everyone is allowed to have an opnion and everyone is allowed to disagree with those opinons no matter how dumb said original opinon is - However ya'll can't be running around calling people "[expletive] idiots"

Fair enough? Cheers guys.

Looks like he's playing Assassins Creed.
I wouldn't be too worried. That's more of a casual Game. If he was playing COD, LOL or An MMO then I'd be worried as those games require dedication.
I think it's Skyrim. Makes sense since he's an ambassador for Bethesda.

Jack Bowes back in the mids where he went a month playing on Cripps, Bont & Fyfe and did a good job. This is the dream

Maybe other people see something I don't with Farrar but he's only 2 years younger than Lemmens, his disposal isn't amazing and he doesn't defend, just plays the loose rebounding role which is our position of least need.

Lemmens is our best small/medium stopper. He's in my first 10 picked each week after this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back