Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fejo will start training with Essendon.

Suns

Fejo will start training with Essendon.

Suns

Reckon we dodged a bullet with Fejo , if he was half decent his Sanfl team would have played him given they came dead last, need to go for Freeman but still can't see why we chose Murtagh and Ace over Bella and Pescud when the last two are much better footballers and could have qualified as a rookie b

Reckon we dodged a bullet with Fejo , if he was half decent his Sanfl team would have played him given they came dead last, need to go for Freeman but still can't see why we chose Murtagh and Ace over Bella and Pescud when the last two are much better footballers and could have qualified as a rookie b
Good news news is that Bella and a few other guys from lasy year are still at the Academy so hopefully will hang around, play in the VFL and might be a mid season pickup.

Good news news is that Bella and a few other guys from last year are still at the Academy so hopefully will hang around, play in the VFL and might be a mid season pickup.
Bella decided to stick around? Great news, if true.

He's potentially even an option to pick up as an SSP if a few taller guys get hurt during our preseason.

He's on the U18
Bella decided to stick around? Great news, if true.

He's potentially even an option to pick up as an SSP if a few taller guys get hurt during our preseason.
He's on the Academy 2022 U18s Squad List - see attached. A number of the older kids have been given permission to stay on - Foggo etc so still a good chance to keep Will - unless he opts to move on very soon.

Attachments

• GC Suns U18.png
    GC Suns U18.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 253
He's on the U18

He's on the Academy 2022 U18s Squad List - see attached. A number of the older kids have been given permission to stay on - Foggo etc so still a good chance to keep Will - unless he opts to move on very soon.

Have word that possibly 5 over-agers will make the 35 man squad for 2022.
Interesting to note that Jye Lockett has moved back to the Coast from Ballarat and is training with the U18 Academy squad also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting to note that Jye Lockett has moved back to the Coast from Ballarat and is training with the U18 Academy squad also.

From what I know the breakdown of the initial squad is like this:

1: Leftovers from last year's U19 plus any new kids added to the preliminary / tryout squad this year.

Will Bella
Finn Brown
Luke Coombes
Malachi Dumas
Jed Foggo
Jackson Griffiths
Austin harris
Brinn Little
Connor Mathesonn
Jonah Semmler
Josh Smart
Ned Stevens
Riley Stone
Oliver Churchill
Oakley Wallace
Adam Hull
Connor Munro
Jackson Hamann
Sebastian Watters

2: Last Year's U17 Boys

Kaleb Baines
Marlin Corbett
Taine Dawson
Jared Eckersley
Levi Fyffe
Cody harrington
Campbell Lake
Kye Renaldson
Joshua Young
Jedd Walter
Joshua Zanker Close
Daniel Murtha
Lawsen Ford
Mitchell Day
Jaxon Denny
Ryan King
Louie McLennan
Kyle McNamara
Sam Mercer
Cody Nieass
Cooper Parkes
Lachlan Sheppard
Flynn Sippel
Reagan Crees
Ezekial Stortenbeker
Will Graham
Jake Rogers
Leo Truman

3: These are the younger guys who were in the U16 Boys Academy last year as well as (I presume) some new kids asked to trial. Some of these will play U18 while others will drop back to U16 games in 2022.

Ben Brown
Ryder Forbes
Jordan Howard
Max Masters
Ky Nicholls
Thomas Ray
Harry Sullivan
Jordan Williams
Finn Hay
William Graham
Luca LaVerde
Harrison Marsh
Carden Skalij
Maison Staas
Jack Stringer
Liam Thom
Reef Webb
Charlie Elliott
Ethan Reid
Will Cooper

Some potential draft product in here so will be great to watch them develop over the year. It'll probably get cut back in early 2022 and then again later in the year leaving around 40 guys.

Makes sense. He would have now finished school, the reason he was there, and Ballarat isn't somewhere you hang out for the sake of it lol

Makes sense. He would have now finished school, the reason he was there, and Ballarat isn't somewhere you hang out for the sake of it lol
He's a Gold Coast boy at heart and obviously wanted to come home after the St Patrick's/GWV Rebels experiment didn't pan out for him. Even while he was down there he would tell anyone interviewing him that he wanted to be drafted to us so there is some loyalty there on Jye's behalf (unlike Will Ashcroft). Hopefully he goes well as an overage prospect next year and we can give him a second look. I wonder if his brother Taj, who is about to enter our U16s academy program, will stay on the Gold Coast after Jye's experience down south...

He's a Gold Coast boy at heart and obviously wanted to come home after the St Patrick's/GWV Rebels experiment didn't pan out for him. Even while he was down there he would tell anyone interviewing him that he wanted to be drafted to us so there is some loyalty there on Jye's behalf (unlike Will Ashcroft). Hopefully he goes well as an overage prospect next year and we can give him a second look. I wonder if his brother Taj, who is about to enter our U16s academy program, will stay on the Gold Coast after Jye's experience down south...
Yeah, its unfortunate he couldn't get the footy in to show his potential, but with all the lockdowns and such, it made things difficult. Hopefully he can get a crack at it in 2022. Is he playing for the academy or for a local club? I didn't see his name on the squad sheet.

Yeah, its unfortunate he couldn't get the footy in to show his potential, but with all the lockdowns and such, it made things difficult. Hopefully he can get a crack at it in 2022. Is he playing for the academy or for a local club? I didn't see his name on the squad sheet.

His name is not on the squad list, but he is training with the U18’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't say I blame him. Must be exhausting to keep fighting for a position for years. But 10 years. a flag. 4 clubs. 3 states. That's quite the journey. He should be proud of what he has done, played with all sorts of players and met all different kind of people along the way.

Hopefully we’re playing the Hawks there, instead of Tasmania

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
" The Gold Coast SUNS will play Hawthorn at TIO Stadium, Darwin in Round 11 of the 2022 Toyota AFL Premiership Season as part of Sir Doug Nicholls Round."

So definitely not tassie. Unless you play the hawks again.

2 consecutive games. I hope only one is home game.
Given we missed our Darwin game last year, this is why we will play 2 in 2022 to fulfil the contract

Why are people so negative about our NT deal? I really believe this is so important and beneficial for our club. Having the two weeks in Darwin will allow us to be able to get fully amongst the community and allow the Darwin community to embrace us instead of being a fly in/fly out team.

Given we missed our Darwin game last year, this is why we will play 2 in 2022 to fulfil the contract

Why are people so negative about our NT deal? I really believe this is so important and beneficial for our club. Having the two weeks in Darwin will allow us to be able to get fully amongst the community and allow the Darwin community to embrace us instead of being a fly in/fly out team.
Very happy to play 2 games in NT. Just not both being home games. That would mean only 9 games at Metricon. I suspect probably both games will be our home games unless NT is happy to buy some other team home game which I doubt.

Last edited:
Until the Sun's start pulling 15k+ crowds consistently, you have to expect some games be moved on to make some extra dollars. I imagine the AFL would be paying us to move these games.

It’s all good and well to move home games, but the membership packages for this year are more exxy than last year, so I would expect the same amount of home games as we weren’t even compensated for the lost Metricon games last year at all which was really disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back