Suns in the Media - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Is it concerning that Sharp is in the top 3 when he will be gone at years end. I was hoping for some breakouts

PS congratulations to Oskar
More concerned about how well he plays football than time trials. Josh Schoenfeld won it every year as a wingman too.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Is it concerning that Sharp is in the top 3 when he will be gone at years end. I was hoping for some breakouts

Rounding out the top five were Elijah Hollands and James Tsitas.

Impressing with strong times were Sam Flanders, Alex Davies, Jack Lukosius and Matt Rowell who all finished top 10.

Ben King returned to the track, continuing his comeback from an ACL injury with a personal-best run, while Joel Jeffrey also ran after knee surgery last season.

Of the tall brigade, Caleb Graham and Jy Farrar also put in personal-best times

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I don’t understand this take? How can it be concerning or reflective of our year to come.

The lightly built runners ran the best times.. what a surprise.

Who would be acceptable?

I liked hearing lukosius ran well.

Southern Sun

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Think you'll find most clubs have a guy who is right up the front in the running but doesn't get a game. Actually think faulkhead will end up being an afl player but he still has a bit to go. The fact that a heap of guys ran pb's is probably a better indication that their fitness is on the improve. Definitely liked that luko is running well, King a Pb and Rowell and Flanders also running well.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors

I don’t understand this take? How can it be concerning or reflective of our year to come.

The lightly built runners ran the best times.. what a surprise.

Who would be acceptable?

I liked hearing lukosius ran well.

Most ran pbs

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Think you'll find most clubs have a guy who is right up the front in the running but doesn't get a game. Actually think faulkhead will end up being an afl player but he still has a bit to go. The fact that a heap of guys ran pb's is probably a better indication that their fitness is on the improve. Definitely liked that luko is running well, King a Pb and Rowell and Flanders also running well.
I turned up and saw the end of the time trial from the car as I parked. It looked like the bulk of the squad was in that 6 to 6-and-a-half range with only one or two over 7 minutes (and only by a bit). Last year there was half a dozen well over 7 minutes.

I think there’s general improvement across the whole squad, and a handful of PBs too.

Ellis usually in the top couple also and wasn't there. Don't think touk was there either.
Apparantely fair few of the senior guys were there but didnt do the 2k, but they participated in the main session.

Some older faces mixed in to the first training session of pre-season after the time trial, with Touk Miller, Jarrod Witts, Sam Collins, Lachie Weller and Brandon Ellis joining their younger teammates on the training field

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Apparantely fair few of the senior guys were there but didnt do the 2k, but they participated in the main session.

Around 40 players participated according to Dew.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You'd think so haha. To do that, the group needs to take the next step. In intensity, in being in games from start to finish. No fadeouts. Compete every second.
Are you a coach or what? :p Suns were actually way more consistent in 2022 with much improved percentage. Every team has a couple of games off. Growing injuries list after bye hurt us more than people realize.

Watch out Collingwood, we will get you next year :) No dream run for you, haha. Are you bullish about your team next season?

I still can't believe Suns lost to Collingwood at Metricon, 12 points up with 8 min to go and playing mostly better footy until that time. Some no calls in last 2 min still haunts me. Close losses in this game and against Port previous week decided our fate in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back