Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of undrafted kids you could look at if you’re after a mid.

Darcy Chirgwin. Big inside mid, who’s a bit limited athletically, especially speed.

Daniel Mott. Balanced midfielder. He’s good on the outside. Again a bit limited athletically.

There’s Darcy Cassar as well, but I think he’s going to sign with the Hawks.
Why does this Darcy Caesar guy get so much talk on podcasts and bf but go undrafted - there were literally 80+ guys chosen ahead of him.

What kind of player is he, why didn’t he get drafted in the first place?

Why does this Darcy Caesar guy get so much talk on podcasts and bf but go undrafted - there were literally 80+ guys chosen ahead of him.

What kind of player is he, why didn’t he get drafted in the first place?
He’s a Vic Metro kid, so was watched a lot. He’s an outside utility, playing HBF, wing and HFF. He was good at each, but not elite in any one position.

There are questions as to his contested game.

No idea why he didn’t get drafted.

I saw these two reporters at pies training and had a chat to them. I heard them discussing these players, so they obviously were getting information about their injuries.

Poor Mitch. Just hasn't had the luck so far.

Does anyone know what the story behind Charlie Ballard's shoulder is?
Something chronic that didn't come up so they bit the bullet or a pre-season injury?
Just seems a really really really weird time to go in for a shoulder recon
Riordan just continues the curse

Something chronic that didn't come up so they bit the bullet or a pre-season injury?
Probably just hurt it at training, same thing happened to Trav Varcoe a few weeks back.

99% an injury that he got during training. Especially with the match sim sessions heating up.

Hopefully this doesn't affect his overhead marking long term.

99% an injury that he got during training. Especially with the match sim sessions heating up.

Hopefully this doesn't affect his overhead marking long term.
Surely they elevate Josh Gore from what I have heard he is tearing up the track and matching AFL players, no one deserves it more and would be a great story for a local kid. Full commiserations for Riordan though , he will come back from this.

Last edited:
Can Josh Gore play Midfield and Ballard position? tear the Midfield and intercept the ball or good story turn into crossly story.

Surely they elevate Josh Gore from what I have heard he is tearing up the track and matching AFL players, no one deserves it more and would be a great story for a local kid. Full commiserations for Riordan though , he will come back from this.
Hope so. I'm a fan of Gore. Now I think about it. Could this be the reason ACE was introduced on launch day as part of the squad? Maybe they already put him on the AFL list?

I hope they find a mature age KPP or swingmen. One rookie A - Gore, one rookie B - ace and one rookie to replace LTI Riordan.
Max out 53 players.

Hope so. I'm a fan of Gore. Now I think about it. Could this be the reason ACE was introduced on launch day as part of the squad? Maybe they already put him on the AFL list?
He's too young. Not draftable until next year I thought.

EDIT: this year. End of this year.

He's too young. Not draftable until next year I thought.

EDIT: this year. End of this year.
Okay, so that rules that out. At least for another year. I've just never seen U18 academy players get announced like a part of the playing group on launch night before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wil Powell is also expected to miss the start of the season, after surgeons determined he would require further surgery to assist his recovery from a knee injury suffered last year.

“After a number of discussions with Wil, club medical staff and the surgeon, it was determined that further surgery would provide him with the best chance to play without pain in his knee in the future.”

Defender Jack Hombsch has a fractured rib after a tackle during match simulation on Friday and will be assessed further over the coming days.

Overall, Haines said he was pleased that the playing group had put themselves in a really strong position to attack the 2020 season.

“We have taken a long term approach to the physical preparation of the playing group and we have been really impressed with their work ethic, dedication and commitment to the program”.

The playing group will return to training after a four day CBA leave period on Wednesday.

Also says Ballad will miss the first 6 weeks.

This is crazy. The curse definitely continues. Every simulation we lose 1-2 players. Powell is a worry long-term as probably part of meniscus was removed..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back