Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They mightn't be our top six players, but that's a lot of speed and kicking ability missing from our best team.

The upside is it looks like within a few weeks they should all be back besides Buderick. Pressure is on constable, farrar, long, Graham. Let's hope they do everything possible to hold their spots.

Weller and Humphrey available for selection and Powell a test for this weekend. Lemmens should be available next week, Ellis still seems some time away. Pretty good news really.

I'd rather all 3 in our AFL team, at least their decision making and skills are better than what we got.

Rather die out in the 4th than put up with that rubbish last week
Do you think Dew could be tempted into naming Weller in the 22 and Powell as the sub, or vice versa? I'd certainly prefer to see both running around for us on Sunday arvo instead of Macpherson and Constable. Should give us a much better shot at beating Essendon if we name both (even if one is the sub). FWIW I'm thinking one of them will definitely be named to play against the Bombers.

There is no way we should be playing Weller or Powell in the seniors straight away.
I understand everyones frustration with the current team ,but these guys are coming back from major injuries
They need a couple of games in the reserves just to get some confidence in their bodies.
Ben King played last week without much game time and couldnt get near it,adding two more under prepared players
is asking for trouble.

There is no way we should be playing Weller or Powell in the seniors straight away.
I understand everyones frustration with the current team ,but these guys are coming back from major injuries
They need a couple of games in the reserves just to get some confidence in their bodies.
Ben King played last week without much game time and couldnt get near it,adding two more under prepared players
is asking for trouble.
You do realise that King had one of the best key defenders in the game on him all night? Tom McCartin often makes life very difficult for the best key forwards, let alone a guy that hasn't played a full game in over a year. I'm really surprised at how willing our supporters are to overlook the quality of this Swans outfit and how they influenced our play.

Some would say (and have said) you're asking for trouble by playing Constable, Macpherson and a debuting Uwland in the same backline. Would we be any worse off with playing the returning duo in Powell and Weller instead?

Do you think Dew could be tempted into naming Weller in the 22 and Powell as the sub, or vice versa? I'd certainly prefer to see both running around for us on Sunday arvo instead of Macpherson and Constable. Should give us a much better shot at beating Essendon if we name both (even if one is the sub). FWIW I'm thinking one of them will definitely be named to play against the Bombers.
Dewy loves them both so could see em both play if fit.

Dmac & Constable really need to go, not AFL quality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the feeling weller is going to be afl. Dew said he could have played reserves last week but they decided not to, why wouldn't he play if he was ready? Would be a decent sub at the least. Ideal world he has a run in the reserves but there is a real need for a player like him and Powell.

Like everyone I agree Weller and Powell are easy best 22,my concern is Weller is playing 3 months ahead of schedule which is
a credit to how hard he has worked but the risk of further damage is much higher.
Dont understand if they were ready why they didnt play last week in ressies.
My concern is the players long term welfare nothing else.

I don't think Dew would play both Powell and Weller this week, but one or the other may make their way in (if they are both passed fit). Humphrey may get a look in this week and good news that Lemmens will be back next week. Starting to put our defence together again.

Main training this week will be interesting to see who's in red/blue.
Hopefully they stay consistent with content.

Yes we lost by 49 but i wanna see the boys training, i want more info.

Would be nice to see Humphrey in Red

Hi Folks, sorry to intrude for personal Fantasy Draft reasons but I can't find any decent info on Ellis (who I have). Do you folks know whether he's close to coming back or not or what timeframe we may see him again?

Thanks in advance.

Young SUNS midfielder Sam Flanders will miss the next six weeks of AFL action after scans confirmed an injury to the medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his knee.

In the VFL, Jed Anderson left the field with a hamstring injury and was not able to return.

“Jed hurt his hamstring in the VFL, he’s had that imaged and on testing today we think that will be around a month that Jed will miss,” Bull said.

Young SUNS midfielder Sam Flanders will miss the next six weeks of AFL action after scans confirmed an injury to the medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his knee.

In the VFL, Jed Anderson left the field with a hamstring injury and was not able to return.

“Jed hurt his hamstring in the VFL, he’s had that imaged and on testing today we think that will be around a month that Jed will miss,” Bull said.

Sorry to hear that. It's a bit of a cap on his good pre-season.
I thought he did some decent things in the first half against Geelong.

Was looking forward to seeing what he could do with more consistent time in the same role.
Opens a chance for Davies or Humphrey probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back