Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Two more weeks but you would suspect would need a VFL run
As bad as it is with Touk,
What we really need is some of these next tier players coming in and showing if they get 10 minutes each half playing on the ball, they can make a positive impact.

Giving Flanders and Davies a go and helping them build some confidence might not be the worst thing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Flanders miss one more then play vfl the following. He was back running last week so assume he'd be into training this week, full tilt next week. Disappointing as this would be his big chance to impress this week, he's probably the most like for like we have for touk.

As bad as it is with Touk,
What we really need is some of these next tier players coming in and showing if they get 10 minutes each half playing on the ball, they can make a positive impact.

Giving Flanders and Davies a go and helping them build some confidence might not be the worst thing.
I think it could be a blessing in disguise.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it could be a blessing in disguise.
One our biggest issues during the Ablett era was his unwillingness to spend time outside of the midfield. I distinctly remember him talking about how he still saw himself as a full-time midfielder in the 2016/17 period and you just wonder how much that selfish attitude hurt us when the younger guys we put midfield minutes into (Prestia, Bennell, O'Meara etc) started to leave and we seriously lacked midfield experience outside of Ablett.

Now Touk isn't that guy. He would be willing to play anywhere he's asked but this injury does force us to give more midfield minutes to other guys and we know the amount of time we're putting into the big three has been questioned this year. I think we saw a better spread against North with Fiorini/Weller getting more time in the middle and I'm sure we'll see Humphrey running through there later this year as well. We've also got guys like Elijah Hollands, Alex Davies and Jed Anderson in the 2s that can step up and share the load.

Obviously would have preferred Touk to not get injured but there is a silver lining when you consider our current midfield conundrum.

One our biggest issues during the Ablett era was his unwillingness to spend time outside of the midfield. I distinctly remember him talking about how he still saw himself as a full-time midfielder in the 2016/17 period and you just wonder how much that selfish attitude hurt us when the younger guys we put midfield minutes into (Prestia, Bennell, O'Meara etc) started to leave and we seriously lacked midfield experience outside of Ablett.

Now Touk isn't that guy. He would be willing to play anywhere he's asked but this injury does force us to give more midfield minutes to other guys and we know the amount of time we're putting into the big three has been questioned this year. I think we saw a better spread against North with Fiorini/Weller getting more time in the middle and I'm sure we'll see Humphrey running through there later this year as well. We've also got guys like Elijah Hollands, Alex Davies and Jed Anderson in the 2s that can step up and share the load.

Obviously would have preferred Touk to not get injured but there is a silver lining when you consider our current midfield conundrum.

Would love to see Davies get a proper run in there. If he clicks he will be a difference maker.

gold-coast.jpg

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Connor Budarick Knee TBC
Touk Miller Knee TBC
Updated: May 2, 2023

Early prognosis​

No new injuries for the Suns. Miller had surgery late last week and the club should have a clearer idea of a return date shortly, while Budarick is still expected back somewhere around the middle of the season. – Michael Whiting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don't want to tell us Miller's return timeline. Pretty sure they know.

Last edited:
They don't want to tell us Miller's return timeline. Pretty sure they know.
Just speculation, but I guess they might wait and see how we are looking a bit later in the season to see if it is worth bringing Touk back for a possible finals tilt or just shut him down for the year.

Can take a while to get the meniscus feeling right again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back