Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon Haines mentioned on injury video about Lonergan preparing himself for pre season so does that mean he’s getting a contract extension

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Possibly. But this is often said for players that are still OOC.

Possibly. But this is often said for players that are still OOC.
This is why I’m all for offloading Wigg and possibly Jaska. Neither close to AFL selection and aren’t likely to be close next season either. Lonergan may be a depth player, but he’s been playing with purpose and is more deserving of a spot.

Wow just compare GC injuries list with other club , 1st in quantity.

This is why I’m all for offloading Wigg and possibly Jaska. Neither close to AFL selection and aren’t likely to be close next season either. Lonergan may be a depth player, but he’s been playing with purpose and is more deserving of a spot.
Wigg was injuried for 90% of the season so it’s a bit hard to judge him. Jaska had his time and it didn’t work. Longeran’s been playing 5 years now I feel like we’ve got as much as we’ll get out of him

Who exactly is josh jaska
I just assumed he was one of this academy kids who isn’t really that good but we have him on the rookie list because we could?

Josh Jaska - Tac Cup ( Geelong Falcons ) over age player in his draft year . Time for him and Spencer to go to other state league to work their way back , potential is there just need a kick at the back like Holman .

Can't see us delisting Wigg and Jaska both deserve another years.
I like the look of both of them from what I saw of them live this year.

Josh Jaska - Tac Cup ( Geelong Falcons ) over age player in his draft year . Time for him and Spencer to go to other state league to work their way back , potential is there just need a kick at the back like Holman .
Jaska good mates with Sam Walsh.

Would be good to have Jaska around if Walsh somehow slips to us at pick 2

Jaska good mates with Sam Walsh.

Would be good to have Jaska around if Walsh somehow slips to us at pick 2
I agree but no harm delist him and pick him up again like Ellis yomen if Sam Walsh slips to GC. A lot of club do that if no better option available in the rookie draft . ( Assumption Carlton not picking him up as pick 1 in rookie draft ) .

Gold Coast Suns player to miss opening stages of AFL season after suffering leg injury
Tom Boswell, @TomBoswellGCB, Gold Coast Bulletin

Scans confirmed the 24-year-old suffered muscle and ligament damage when an opponent felt across his legs during a contest in the dying stages of the team’s first JLT game.

“Typically it is a six to eight week injury,” Suns football manager Jon Haines said

Lemmens could miss the first six rounds

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...1W7MlC5VSUvd177DpQkP6mIfExT3vrCXUi4t4GeAcNNG0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the 2 ACL's for us before the season starts....
Can they both be replaced prior to March 15 under this new supplement selection period rule?
Terrible. We had one happen in a pre-season game last year with Goldsack, who was then up and playing games in finals. Crazy. Then we had two other ACLs in Dunn and Shaz.
Hopefully nomore happen for the suns. Two is the limit at all costs. But they certainly aren't the 12 month recovery they used to be.

Great Pre-Season
The injury list is enormous already
Well done Suns Footy Department
The Haters in Brisbane like that bastard Hamilton and the Brisbane Fans who call us The Scums and the Tasmania crew down South will be doing cartwheels.

Great Pre-Season
The injury list is enormous already
Well done Suns Footy Department
The Haters in Brisbane like that bastard Hamilton and the Brisbane Fans who call us The Scums and the Tasmania crew down South will be doing cartwheels.
What a silly comment to make, the football department aren’t in control of injuries? Both Thompson and Wigg where innocuous training injuries and Lemmens was super unlucky playing in the preseason. It’s not the football departments fault in the slightest

The injury list is longer than those 3.
One Job.
They are contact injuries, we play a contact sport can not be prevented.
No soft tissue injuries to my knowledge so the medical team have done a pretty good job in my opinion.

ACL injuries are one of those fluke injuries where a knock or shift of weight could cause it. I havent heard of anyone doing LARS for a few years is that not a thing anymore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back