Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They are contact injuries, we play a contact sport can not be prevented.
No soft tissue injuries to my knowledge so the medical team have done a pretty good job in my opinion.

ACL injuries are one of those fluke injuries where a knock or shift of weight could cause it. I havent heard of anyone doing LARS for a few years is that not a thing anymore?

I think that is only used these days if you are in the twilight of your career and absolutely desperate.
It’s failure rate is quite high...ask Alex Johnson.

I have gotta say though how frustrating it is we always cop a raw deal with injuries to key personnel since our inception. Bock, swallow, omeara, ablett, martin, lynch, day, thompson at least every year we lose a key player due to injury.
The club has changed the fitness team numerous times, improved training conditions and managed work load to try and shake it off. Yet still no success.
It can really only be Bad Luck now right?
I suppose what makes this year different is it looks like we have depth to cover key personnel better then any previous year.

I have gotta say though how frustrating it is we always cop a raw deal with injuries to key personnel since our inception. Bock, swallow, omeara, ablett, martin, lynch, day, thompson at least every year we lose a key player due to injury.
The club has changed the fitness team numerous times, improved training conditions and managed work load to try and shake it off. Yet still no success.
It can really only be Bad Luck now right?
I suppose what makes this year different is it looks like we have depth to cover key personnel better then any previous year.

We’ve been around long enough for me to start questioning whether it’s entirely bad luck.
Justin Cordy when he said that he’d seen research to suggest our field/surface has a higher ACL Probability (and maybe other injuries too) rings in my ears.

Great Pre-Season
The injury list is enormous already
Well done Suns Footy Department
The Haters in Brisbane like that bastard Hamilton and the Brisbane Fans who call us The Scums and the Tasmania crew down South will be doing cartwheels.
Genuine comment, not trolling, and not looking to stir the pot.

It's very, very few Lions supporters who call GC "The Scum". Quite frankly I struggling to recall anyone calling GC by that name. The most common term used is "The Plastics", and for all the discussion on our board about GC (and it's not much, usually just part of the non lions footy discussion ) it's only the odd user that uses that term.

I rarely, rarely read Hammo, unless an article is posted on our board, but he certainly doesn't speak for Lions fans.

As for Lions fans doing cartwheels over another players injury, c'mon mate, few fans will take pleasure in another teams player suffering such an injury. I'm pretty sue there's only two opposition players Lions fans would do cartwheels for if they got injured. One is Steven May, the other is Jeremy Cameron.

It's very, very few Lions supporters who call GC "The Scum". Quite frankly I struggling to recall anyone calling GC by that name. The most common term used is "The Plastics", and for all the discussion on our board about GC (and it's not much, usually just part of the non lions footy discussion ) it's only the odd user that uses that term.

I rarely, rarely read Hammo, unless an article is posted on our board, but he certainly doesn't speak for Lions fans.

As for Lions fans doing cartwheels over another players injury, c'mon mate, few fans will take pleasure in another teams player suffering such an injury. I'm pretty sue there's only two opposition players Lions fans would do cartwheels for if they got injured. One is Steven May, the other is Jeremy Cameron.

Not trolling hey but then questioning my honesty.
I’ve seen us referred to as “The Scums” only on the Lions Board and quite plentiful.
The term “The Plastics” I see on VFL Boards.
Exile and others then giving the post a like. Gee whiz.
At this rate I’ll be joining the likes of DarkWingDuck, 17er and Peel in being forced out and you all can have the most vanilla politically correct dead boring board of the lot.

As a Gold Coast long term resident-That does not reflect The Gold Coast being safe.

EDIT-in fact bugger this, I’m going into my own exile for at least a week.
Go ahead and enjoy the posts of Non Suns Fans like Briztoon over your own brotherhood.

Over and Out.

Last edited:
I’ve seen us referred to as “The Scums” only on the Lions Board and quite plentiful.
At this rate I’ll be joining the likes of DarkWingDuck, 17er and Peel in being forced out and you all can have the most vanilla politically correct dead boring board of the lot.

As a Gold Coast long term resident-That does not reflect The Gold Coast being safe.
Every club has a nickname it's what bigfooty is. You call Geelong the handbaggers and Sydney the Ugly ducks (which i've never heard being said outside of you) and there's regular nicknames for players on here such as O'Cockface and Uncle Tom so why can't they call us Scum? I don't care and if you want to be better than them you shouldn't care either. Every club cops it especially on bigfooty. it's nothing personal.

Every club has a nickname it's what bigfooty is. You call Geelong the handbaggers and Sydney the Ugly ducks (which i've never heard being said outside of you) and there's regular nicknames for players on here such as O'Cockface and Uncle Tom so why can't they call us Scum? I don't care and if you want to be better than them you shouldn't care either. Every club cops it especially on bigfooty. it's nothing personal.
Mr Bods seems a lot more stressed and uptight after leaving the chilled atmosphere of PBC for the bright lights closer to Miami.

Go ahead and enjoy the posts of Non Suns Fans like Briztoon over your own brotherhood.

Over and Out.

One day the SUNS will win a flag (maybe) and the only thing on your mind will be criticising everybody about why we didn't win by more!

Couldn't agree more with this post... the thought of wishing injury upon any player is not on, no matter how passionate you are.. I remember a Suns board member hoping Ablett did an ACL, it was embarrassing!

Over and Out.

I think that is for the best. You are starting to slip back in to the Mr Bods of old.

Seeing as you quite obviously have your knickers in a twist, I will elaborate that your negative posting and anger and temper is bringing people down. Please consider making your exile from the board site wide, so you don't feel the need to be triggered by everybody's posts and do not feel the need to spam the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over and Out.
not a big fan of the me against the world mentality, mate. briztoon and a couple other opposition supporters generally offer a fairly reasonable outlook for discussion when they post here, don't single me out for "liking" someone's post just because they've got a different team under their name. i enjoy the concept of camaraderie you spruik on our board, but not everything has to be black and white.

I think that is for the best. You are starting to slip back in to the Mr Bods of old.

Seeing as you quite obviously have your knickers in a twist, I will elaborate that your negative posting and anger and temper is bringing people down. Please consider making your exile from the board site wide, so you don't feel the need to be triggered by everybody's posts and do not feel the need to spam the report button.
There's been a noticeable level of bitterness in every post for at least 2 weeks. I for one will be happy with a vanilla, welcoming bf board.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back