Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Devastated about Rankine. Off this season already. Looks to be another s**t show.

Yeah, in the space of 7 days, I have gone from all the excitement and enthusiasm possible to wanting cricket season to hurry up so I can be let down by my cricket teams too!

Rankine basically gone for most of season,cannot take risk with serious hamstring injuries.
Absolutely devastating for player and supporters
What do you mean most of the season? This looks like normal 3-4 weeks hamstring. Only because they want to be careful with him it's 6-8 weeks. He should play round 6-8. OK I can see tendon tear report now (if true).

What do you mean most of the season? This looks like normal 3-4 weeks hamstring. Only because they want to be careful with him it's 6-8 weeks. He should play round 6-8. OK I can see tendon tear report now.
Tendon tear will be sidelined for a long time.

At least he will have his house mate Lemmens to do rehab together

Sucks but that's the way it goes. Luckily small forward is somewhere we have depth to cover. Should be back before the bye period. Hopefully he gets a half season look at it being fresh when others may be tiring.

Darcy will be guaranteed to start now which is good news for him personally, and he honestly deserves to get a look at it.

Small forward is something we do have depth in though.

Sexton - Wright - Martin
Ainsworth - Burgess - MacPherson

Would look better with Rankine but still not horrible.

6-8 for a hamstring? what? lol He doesn't need surgery. No way should it be that long.
Adam Treloar did two hamstrings at once. One teared from the bone that surgery was needed, and was back within 9 weeks by first week of the finals. No way does a tear equal to 8.

They obviously are taking it easy with him. But even if it is 6 weeks at minimum, so that the anzac round.

But looks like Nick Holman is ready for round 1 if selected.

6-8 for a hamstring? what? lol He doesn't need surgery. No way should it be that long.
Adam Treloar did two hamstrings at once. One teared from the bone that surgery was needed, and was back within 9 weeks by first week of the finals. No way does a tear equal to 8.

They obviously are taking it easy with him. But even if it is 6 weeks at minimum, so that the anzac round.

But looks like Nick Holman is ready for round 1 if selected.
Sounds to me like they’re being both cautious to make sure there’s no reoccurance and also give him time to strengthen it again before restarting properly. No reason to rush him back in

Sounds to me like they’re being both cautious to make sure there’s no reoccurance and also give him time to strengthen it again before restarting properly. No reason to rush him back in
Yeah, I think so too, because of his age, his explosiveness, they won't want to rush him for the sake of him playing early games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ofcourse its a tendon injury and not just a strain...I try to stay glass half full but **** me it is hard with this club sometimes.

I deadset reckon anyone who has ever come here that looks like playing good footy has been injured and spent a fair chunk of time in rehab.

Scoffed out loud when I saw the headline.
Very disappointing
Especially when there is clouds over the go home factor with these guys. Keeping them playing football, keeping them engaged is the best way for them to feel part of the club.
Doing rehab away from the main group would be boring and isolating.

In a way lucky that Sean - his housemate has a similar timeframe and will be going through rehab with him.

Very disappointing
Especially when there is clouds over the go home factor with these guys. Keeping them playing football, keeping them engaged is the best way for them to feel part of the club.

In a way lucky that Sean - his housemate has a similar timeframe and will be going through rehab with him.
Apart from not training with the main group. Not like he wouldn't interact with them in the club. Until he is able to get back out on the ground.

Apart from not training with the main group. Not like he wouldn't interact with them in the club. Until he is able to get back out on the ground.

its been said by many players that it is lonely in rehab
this was more from players with LTI
Even still, will be a test of professionalism to get back ASAP.
Cant wait to see him play.

Ofcourse its a tendon injury and not just a strain...I try to stay glass half full but **** me it is hard with this club sometimes.

I deadset reckon anyone who has ever come here that looks like playing good footy has been injured and spent a fair chunk of time in rehab.
There is some tendon damage but it's on the lower end of the scale.

its been said by many players that it is lonely in rehab
this was more from players with LTI
Even still, will be a test of professionalism to get back ASAP.
Cant wait to see him play.
Yeah, I'm sure it is. But probably would help in doing it with someone, and in this case, his housemate. Least its not season ending like Thompson, so having a good attitude, the 6-8 weeks will fly.

Very disappointing

Arrgghhh this sounds like déjà vu!!!! Next thing Izak’s girlfriend will be driving around down in Melbourne in an Audi.

I see another injury or two and I picture Boddsy swirling a whiskey in a glass and muttering about
not believing in coincidences. Long injury lists every season. Every season.

Thinking I might get out a glass soon myself.....

Has anyone gone through your injury list and looked at which injuries might possibly be a load management issue, and which are just bad luck?

Even Rankine's injury to me looked pretty innocuous at the time, and i'm inclined to think it's more a case of bad luck rather that can be laid at the clubs sports science and/or medical teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back