Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish burgess back himself in.. when he fly’s for a mark he just mostly brings it to ground and a lot of the time will look to pass it on instead of taking a shot for goal.
He’s got the potential just not the confidence just yet
Just 2nd AFL game.

I wish burgess back himself in.. when he fly’s for a mark he just mostly brings it to ground and a lot of the time will look to pass it on instead of taking a shot for goal.
He’s got the potential just not the confidence just yet
I reckon he’s been great.
At least he creates a contest and brings the ball to ground where the likes of sexton,macpherson and Rankine when he get back from injury can then go to work a score

I wasn’t having a go at him I’d just like to see him back himself in! He gets to all the contests and if he was more confident in himself he’d clunk so many contested marks.. he’s going to be a good player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was meant to be 4-6 weeks, not 2 weeks.

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app
to be fair, he injured it mid-march. being early april, it still sits within that 4-6 week timeframe, could have been more of a 4 weeks off playing, 6 weeks off afl level type injury. a week or two to build back up match fitness in the reserves would help ease back into it.

As I understood Haines, 4-5 players coming back this week in NEAFL. Ainsworth week after and Rankine, Lemmens week after that. Not necessarily that Ainsworth will start in NEAFL.

That's the most logical conclusion I see.

Run him for a half this week and see where he's at, If he pulls up fine then give him a full game the following week with a possible return to the ones in Week 6.

Absolutely no need to immediately rush him back to senior footy as much as we'd all like him in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back