Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

MrJuicy

Rookie
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What’s with Benny Ainsworth coming back earlier than expected from his leg injury? Most un-Suns like.
Who are these medicos and what have they done with our real rehab team?
I think that the strength and conditioning guy is a physio is helping in that regard.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
According to Whiting, Lemmens could find himself back playing this weekend. Injury list starting to thin a bit now with Rankine could be back in the next week or 2.
Wouldn't read much into that. Those injury list updates are only accurate if the club has already updated theres. The Suns did there's this morning.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Wouldn't read much into that. Those injury list updates are only accurate if the club has already updated theres. The Suns did there's this morning.
Yeah true, posted above all the updates in todays injury report. But Lemmens should be close to being back anyway. Shouldn't have lost too much fitness as he did most of the pre-season. May need a couple of weeks in the 2's to get up to speed.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
And he did it chasing Rischitelli in a drill. Can you believe that Bods.
Just unlucky I feel, I recently went over on my ankle in the middle of a game in open space with no one around me.

Doesn't have to be a reason behind it, Feel bad for Lachie though.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Bad luck for Cal.
Hopefully he can rehab well and quickly, get a few NEAFL games before our bye and then be raring to go in the back half of the season.

Good to see Crossley available.
Some physical presence up front in the 2's will be valuable.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
It's frustrating that they don't update all the players on the injury list every week. They don't ask updates on everyone, just a few. Some of the guys have been stuck on their allotted time for a couple of weeks now. I don't think Lemmens is still 1-2 away. In fact I think I read he is likely to lace up the boots this weekend.

Also frustrating that soft tissue injuries are creeping in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Rischitelli, Lemmens and Powell healthy again.

Scheer and Crossley injured from last week.

This excites me though.

1556603163006.png

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Rankine has had a setback with his hamstring. :( 4-5 weeks away. Club being ultra conservative.

That took the wind right out of my sails.
Where did you see this?

That sucks, but I would rather we are conservative with him than he re-injure himself.

Will get a good look at the 2nd half of the season.

Last edited:

bigboy_wowee

Debutant
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Rankine has had a setback with his hamstring. :( 4-5 weeks away. Club being ultra conservative.

That took the wind right out of my sails.
Awful news, was looking forward to seeing him back in the NEAFL this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back