Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure the laws of nature say anytime someone says "our injury list is starting to look better" someone must then go down with injury.
Yeah.. I'm biting my words. This was just bad luck, at training. Poor guy. It talks about getting him ready for pre-season, so sounds like he def will sign on.

Yeah.. I'm biting my words. This was just bad luck, at training. Poor guy. It talks about getting him ready for pre-season, so sounds like he def will sign on.
Would love for him to sign on again, but this is a huge blow for him in a rough season.

Yeah i also took that positive the club also has the upper hand in negotiations because of his injury history rather than when if he has killed it in the back half on the season although i think everyone would prefer the latter one.

I don't care is back luck or not, that is the reason I said sometime keep the mouth shut until season end is not that hard regarding injuries.

:( really liked what he brought to the side.
Sad to lose an exciting young talented kid.

The secret pain Gold Coast Suns enforcer Nick Holman has endured at the club has been revealed

SUNS enforcer Nick Holman has finally succumbed the secret pain that has plagued him throughout his tenure at Gold Coast.
For the majority of the 2018 season the midfielder and half-forward had to avoid contact at all costs, wearing the orange hat at training so his teammates didn’t hit him.
The former Carlton player worked with Suns staff to strengthen his back in the pre-season but it flared up again this week in the lead up to the club’s Round 15 game against Sydney.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...4Dvam7V1TZY__2x74yyvkQ7x3noaQDwFHtaJH_D0vxQFw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't catch a break. Losing players left and right. No more Ws this year I am afraid. Next 3 games - Tigers, Crows, Blues - all have almost full list - missing only 1-3 players.
Tough times ahead for the team and fans especially if we get more injuries.

Also Holman out indefinite with stress in his back.

I told you before, that is a long list of injuries and you don't believe me. I don't look at luck but I look at the past and pattern occur.

Last edited:
Wrap Collins in wool til next year and get the kids some experience on the big boy forwards.

Not nice for the W column but rather have him 100% for when it matters

DEW and the coaching team better move Ballard out of defense, the number of ball coming in to defensive half is not funny, he could end up like last season . With a young squad you need to rotate them.

Everybody forget how Ballard get injured last year. Please check some of his matches before your said he is marking everything, I think is time to play around with the structure rather than doing the same thing over and over again and complain about injuries every years . I would put Ben King in Ballard role and see he can mark everything better as third men in defense. Both Ben King and Lukosius kicking is a lot smoother than Ballard too. Ballard cannot always only play third tall. Ben King or Lukosius take opposition second tall playing as forward for GC.

Both Ballard and Powell is on my fantasy team, you cannot mark everything and get average 40 point.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back