Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Hombsch to miss the rest of the season with his ankle.
But in good news Jack Martin, Jordan Murdoch, Jack Bowes and Ben Ainsworth could all be available this weekend if they get through training

Rather play Sam day back or Caleb Graham than Leslie.

Good luck for the Pies game on the weekend and hopefully a win for you guys
Quick question on B Crossley in that he is listed as personal leave and if the club has released anything about it? With only the 6 NEAFL games this year he has missed a lot of the year
Thanks

Good luck for the Pies game on the weekend and hopefully a win for you guys
Quick question on B Crossley in that he is listed as personal leave and if the club has released anything about it? With only the 6 NEAFL games this year he has missed a lot of the year
Thanks
Club not released anything about it, which is pretty good IMO. Clearly needs mental space so just not drawing attention to it. One of the benefit of being out of the spotlight is that I guess no-one really asks about it.

I have just looked at our injuries.

In total 28 players got injured, some multiple times. Not sure how many could be prevented. Only Rankine and Holman worry me. Hoping Bowes repeated quad does not mean a long-term issue.

Non contact 6 (2 ACL, Miller heal, Powell meniscus)

Contact 13
Ainsworth, Lemmens especially unlucky with multiple injuries. Plenty of ankle injuries.

Soft 10 (6)
On average teams have 7 soft injuries per season. Our 10 include both Fletcher and Riordan who did not have a preseason with us, Ellis carried groin from Richmond and Harbrow had a sore groin 1 week. Brodie's hamstring could be attributed to Cripps falling on his stretched legs.

The only real worry is of course Rankine who did his hamstring 2x and Bowes major quad injury (had a similar one the last year). Crossley did minor hamstring 2x. Weller did standard 3 weeks hamstring, Ah Chee had a minor quad.

Stress reaction 2
Collins femur reaction is usually endurance runner issue from overloading. Holman back stress reaction worries me as he managed the same complaint during 2018 season (no contact during training).

Personal leave 2

Last edited:
Oh no.

Midfielder Anthony Miles has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after injuring his ankle on the weekend.

Injury-less pre season what do we reckon people. 2nd year with this head of fitness should be getting more stability.

Injury-less pre season what do we reckon people. 2nd year with this head of fitness should be getting more stability.
We were pretty injury free heading into the season weren't we?
Ranking the only one injured in pre-season last year that I can recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were pretty injury free heading into the season weren't we?
Ranking the only one injured in pre-season last year that I can recall.

You blokes are badly calling upon the injury Karma Gods with these posts. Please hush.
And remember the GC Sports Curse doesn’t end until midnight December 31.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back