Suns on social.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears

!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely stoked for Will. I’ll be the first the admit I had his bags packed for him mid way through the year. So happy he proved me wrong, was lucky enough to meet him back half of the year and he is an absolute ripper. He is also an absolute machine of a man up close. Couldn’t believe it. Cannot wait to see him help carry this midfield from 2020 and beyond

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Absolutely stoked for Will. I’ll be the first the admit I had his bags packed for him mid way through the year. So happy he proved me wrong, was lucky enough to meet him back half of the year and he is an absolute ripper. He is also an absolute machine of a man up close. Couldn’t believe it. Cannot wait to see him help carry this midfield from 2020 and beyond
I have to say I was also shocked when I met him at Metricon. Brodie's shoulders, body is impressive!

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There was a contested ball up for grabs in the game against Carlton last year and he beat Cripps one out easily. Acts like that make you think, yes, we could have a beauty here.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Palm Beach boy myself (Laceys Lane to Third Av. was our domain, but spent plenty of my youth around Currumbin and Currumbin Creek, surfing the Alley, sometimes venturing as far north as Burleigh!!

Well then you'd probably remember the General Store on beachside of GC H'way near 25th Av........we had that in the late 80's, and I played squash for Highway Squash Cub in front of the caravan park on cnr 19th..and a member of Pacific SLSC.
And if you surfed Palmy at all, my young bloke was in Palm Beach Boardriders, a goofy footer like his Dad, and did quite well as a junior, knocking off Fanning and Parko in one comp, before he found booze and girls....was Aust.Schoolboys champ while at Elanora High....

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well then you'd probably remember the General Store on beachside of GC H'way near 25th Av........we had that in the late 80's, and I played squash for Highway Squash Cub in front of the caravan park on cnr 19th..and a member of Pacific SLSC.
And if you surfed Palmy at all, my young bloke was in Palm Beach Boardriders, a goofy footer like his Dad, and did quite well as a junior, knocking off Fanning and Parko in one comp, before he found booze and girls....was Aust.Schoolboys champ while at Elanora High....
One of the saddest things has been the demise of the beach general store
Was there anything you couldn't buy in there from milk and bread mozzie coils to an LPG refill and a plastic beach cricket set
They had a special smell too
The one at Rainbow Bay held out til just recently

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One of the saddest things has been the demise of the beach general store
Was there anything you couldn't buy in there from milk and bread mozzie coils to an LPG refill and a plastic beach cricket set
They had a special smell too
The one at Rainbow Bay held out til just recently

My memory's not so flush anymore but I seem to recollect we had a hairdressing salon on one side, then a block of flats the other and a Pizza joint and fish and chip shop next to them.....there was quite a bit of retail traffic going on there on Fri and Sat nights

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My memory's not so flush anymore but I seem to recollect we had a hairdressing salon on one side, then a block of flats the other and a Pizza joint and fish and chip shop next to them.....there was quite a bit of retail traffic going on there on Fri and Sat nights
There's still a bit
Good little Thai, Espresso Moto cafe,Hairdresser, Bottleshop(of course)
Was the model car/hobbyshop there when you were a kid?Feels like its been there forever

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There's still a bit
Good little Thai, Espresso Moto cafe,Hairdresser, Bottleshop(of course)
Was the model car/hobbyshop there when you were a kid?Feels like its been there forever

Haha! when I was a kid;)......you must have me mixed up with someone else, Sandy. I spent my childhood in Coorparoo way back in the mid 40s-50s-60s and didn't move to the Gold Coast til 1985. Only a hairdresser was there when we had the Shop from about 85-89.

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Do you guys remember that game against swans last year where you won. I remember the suns won the clearances and will bodie was rather good.

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Do you guys remember that game against swans last year where you won. I remember the suns won the clearances and will bodie was rather good.
One of our best wins in our history, i am certain all Suns fans remember it very clearly and Brodie definitely dominated that game to help us secure the win

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can’t say I was ever fit to wax Fanning and Parko’s boards, even if they were a bit after my time. Although my Godfather was apparently a captain of Pacific SLSC, and my mate walked up to Rabbit Bartholemew and his girlfriend one night at the Patch at Coolangatta and licked her hand right in front of Rabbit and his mates and survived! Not sure what that last bit has to do with your post Choppers, maybe the booze and girls bit. Definitely put me off the rails for 30 years (make that 40 years as I sit here in my villa in the Ubud jungle on the Bintangs!!).

IMG_8350.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Back